So why not change the 9 to a 5 and put your real handicap there. What is the point of putting a ficticious number there? Or is it the whole internet golfer thing? 300+yd drives? etc etc

I just put that out there b/c I didn't want to have to explain why as a sub 5 hcp I play full cavity, GI irons. Ironically, I use to play "players" irons and it wasn't until I made the switch that my hcp dropped fairly significantly. I guess sometimes I prefer things to not be 2nd guessed.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

I just put that out there b/c I didn't want to have to explain why as a sub 5 hcp I play full cavity, GI irons. Ironically, I use to play "players" irons and it wasn't until I made the switch that my hcp dropped fairly significantly. I guess sometimes I prefer things to not be 2nd guessed.

No kidding.

I would gladly make the switch to any iron if it could give me what I'm looking for in an iron, and alot of the newer irons have offered that, so I'll be in for an iron change sometime soon. Probably at or after the outing.

I get that, but in my time here at THP it doesn't seem like the place where people would question a low handicap golfer playing GI irons, in fact I see the opposite lately of questioning why anyone would play a "players iron" and make the game more difficult on themselves. Also at this point a lot of the people on this site have seen you golf and would have no problem saying he is a low single digit player. Just my 0.02

I see what you're saying. I signed up a couple of years ago and at the time, I didn't know how THP was. I just never changed it.

I get that, but in my time here at THP it doesn't seem like the place where people would question a low handicap golfer playing GI irons, in fact I see the opposite lately of questioning why anyone would play a "players iron" and make the game more difficult on themselves. Also at this point a lot of the people on this site have seen you golf and would have no problem saying he is a low single digit player. Just my 0.02

:clapp: well said!!

KellyBo and I are members of The Georgia State Golf Association and pay our dues through our club each year. It is based on the GHIN or (Golf Handicap & Information Network). We turn out scores in the clubhouse or we can post online when out of town etc. My handicap seems to fluctuate more up during the winter months and back down to around 10.0 - 12.0 during the summer months.

I get my handicap online at www.stracka.com, makes it pretty easy to track my stats on there as well. My handicap is what you see to the left of this post. Goal in 2011 is to get to single digits.

That seems a little silly, considering the owner of this site carries a 5 handicap and has said over and over that he's much rather play GI irons instead of something less forgiving.

I've played with people who reported a score 4 or 5 less strokes on a single hole, let alone a round!

I played with two of those guys today on the back 9. It's frustrating to shoot bogey to their par, I mean triple! But at the end of the day at least I have a real idea of how I played.

haha, yeah, that was a conscious decision. I figured, I play GI irons, I openly admit that I could care less about working the ball, and I'm a lefty. I figured no one would believe me.

The goal in 2012 is to get to a 2 hcp or lower. I've been working a ton on the short game (mostly putting). I hit an average of 10.7 gir's last year and only averaged 1.1 birdies per round. That's not cutting it young Thainer.

Excuse my lack of math skills but does it give you a percentage for the year TC? I'd love to be in the 4's and I find myself comparing stats to others to see what I need to get there.

No official handicap for myself yet, but that will be one of my objectives for the start of the season. Hopefully while I'm at it I'll be improving my skills so hopefully before the end of the year I'm breaking 100 and playing to the equivalent handicap.

That seems a little silly, considering the owner of this site carries a 5 handicap and has said over and over that he's much rather play GI irons instead of something less forgiving.

It is silly and I explained why it's this way a few posts ago. I suppose I should just change it. I honestly don't think about it.

Dent, fairway files does offer %'s and I'll share those with you when I'm in front of my cpu and not on my phone.

The handicap that I have to the left is just an educated guess. When I stopped playing I had a traveling 2 handicap and scrach at my home course. I think that when I start playing more this year I will maintain around a 4. At least I hope I can.

Back