Best Sandwich & Where

TeedUpThoughts

#TeamNE
Reaction score
Handicap
< Last Yr!
Mods, if this is a duplicate please merge.

JB has been asking a crucial question in the "Hot Seat" round of the industry insider podcast:

What is the best sandwich and where is it?

I submit, the Italian Grinder from Goglias Market in Bristol, RI as the best sandwich I have ever had. This is the small $6, of amazing mess. Double the size is $9.75, perfect for cutting in quarters and bringing to the beach to share.
de29af329d48523365a406f431abd626.jpg

Any of the subs from Antonelli's Deli in El Cajon are great. But, you better phone in about an hour before you want it ready.

Veal cutlet sandwich from Mamma Santa's in Little Italy in Cleveland. Absolutely fantastic

For me the best sandwich i have had is the house reuben from Savoy in Saginaw MI. Everything minus the cheese is made in house and its the best reuben I have ever had.

Any sandwich from Tommy's Joynt in San Francisco. This place is an institution, but you'll never know to go until someone (like me) tells you to. Hand carved meats, fresh rolls, unlimited house made pickles. Doesn't get any better.
14418225676_4da0f0258a_b.jpg

2nd place: The "Godmother" @ Bay Cities Italian Deli, Santa Monica, CA.

Top dog in New buffalo Michigan.Beef sandwiches melt in your mouth.And still mafia owned :) :) :) :)

If looking for Mozzarella in any way shape or form you have to go with Fiores in Hoboken, NJ

Peppered ham, hot sopresatta, fresh mozzarella and roasted red peppers....so good!

My favorite is from DiNic's in the Reading Terminal Market (Philadelphia), roast pork, sharp provolone and broccoli rabe.

Top dog in New buffalo Michigan.Beef sandwiches melt in your mouth.And still mafia owned :) :) :) :)

I would avoid eating there any time you hear a mob guy disappeared.

Isabella's in Franklin, MA had a sandwich called The Pilgrim. It was a Thanksgiving dinner on a seeded Italian roll.

French Dip at Kenny & Ziggy's

Whacked Chicken from Primos, Philly area...Breaded cutlets, sharp provolone w/ pesto and bruschetta on a seeded sarcone roll

The Z-Man from Joes KC is pretty fantastic.

Send-Joes-KC-full-set-zman_a357e42f-bff5-45c6-9728-e4f41e0a375a_2048x2048.png

Darn it, now I want a Hot Pastrami from Too Jays. But the wife and I are going to take a road trip to the place over by JB and GG that has the really big sandwiches, they look good.

Mine is Weingerber's Deli in Grapevine, TX. Anything on the menu is delicious but my favorite is the KMI which is cold turkey breast, grilled prosciutto, spring mix, red onion, giardiniera peppers, tomato, olive oil, provolone, toasted herbed focaccia bread. I need one now! http://www.weinbergersdeli.com/index.html

i love me a good sammy

i love the triple j at toojay's when the rye is fresh. roast beef, corned beef, turkey, swiss, coleslaw, and thousand island.

there is a greasy spoon close to my house called "shakers," and they have a sandwich called the smokey. smoked turkey, swiss cheese, coleslaw, bacon, lettuce, tomato, dijon, something like thousand island, on lightly toasted wheat.

o'carr's in homewood alabama makes an amazing chicken salad, but it on wheat bread with lettuce and tomato and omg. get two of them and polish it off with a banana milkshake.

4 rivers smokehouse in orlando has a sandwich called "the messy pig." pulled pork, coleslaw, pickles, jalapenos, and their bbq sauce that is more smokey than sweet.

and so many more ;)

Pastrama Momma from Momma Goldberg's

Pretty much anything at the Whitehouse Deli in Atlantic City.

Cannot remember the Italian sandwich that I had there. But it was so awesome that I had another one that I kept in a hotel fridge and then took with me to the airport for the trip back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whacked Chicken from Primos, Philly area...Breaded cutlets, sharp provolone w/ pesto and bruschetta on a seeded sarcone roll

Primo's is solid - I'm a minority investor in 10 with a group of high school buddies. I'm pretty simple there - imported ham, sharp provolone, lettuce, onions, tomato, pickles, salt, pepper, oregano, oil and vinegar.

I gotta agree that Primo's is solid. I go with the sharp Italian. Prosciutto, Sharp Provolone, Thumann's Capacola & Natural Casing Genoa Salami, lettuce, light onion, oregano, oil, vinegar.

And being a Philadelphian, here's my cheesesteak reco's:
1. Mama's Pizzeria (Bala Cynwyd)
2. John's Roast Pork (South Philly)
3. Dalessandros (Roxborough)

Mama's is a CHEESEsteak. Vidalia fried onions and a special blend of cheeses.

f10bbb16a084b488b48dc60688f21fad.jpg

Great thread TUT. Its a fun question to ask on the THP Radio Podcast.

The ground beef sandwich at Musso and Frank's in Hollywood. Locally, one of my personal favorites is the french dip at Nick's Roast Beef.

Honey BBQ steak tip sub toasted with extra cheese from Georgio's in Brockton, Ma...good lord

Best sandwich for me is at a place called rib hut in El Paso, the sand which is called the fourth and consists of smoked brisket, with a sausage on top and Cole slaw, my favorite so far

Best Sandwich &amp; Where

Best Sandwich &amp; Where

My favorite is the Reuben at shapiros in Indianapolis.
Also after living in Iowa for 3 years it's hard to turn down a breaded pork tenderloin sandwich.

And lastly would be the seaburger with cheese( fish sandwich)from krolls in Green Bay.

Last edited:
Back