Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on a mini break on account of my knees.

However last Friday,found myself on the left edge of the fairway165 to the front of a green with a big oak protecting the green on a dogleg left hole.

Watching golf channel, YouTube videos, subscribing to golf magazine ( not bragging but golf digest too!)
Led me to close my stance aiming 10 yards to the right of my target.
Swung at the target and whoa! I drew the ball, I DREW THE BALL, not a whole lot but it drew.

Ended up blading a chip, and making bogey.
But to me it was beautiful.

Pitched in from 40 yards. Had to carry a bunker, and had maybe 10 feet of green to work with. Slapped a 60* and watched it roll in.

My favorite shot was a 45 foot putt for birdie on a hole I rarely make par on.

Had a few others. A 170 yard 5 wood from the trees that I put a slice on so it would go high enough to clear the tree in front of the green and put it to 15 feet. Missed the birdie.
A 150 yard 6 hybrid to 15 feet pin high. Missed the birdie putt.

Jacqui had a nice 30 yard chip in to save bogey on a hole she was having lots of trouble on to that point, and a 25 foot putt to save par.

A 178 yard 6 iron approach shot, one hop and stopped three feet from the pin. Tap in Birdie.

And a 31ft snake shaped putt for Birdie also.

205yds out on a par 5, second shot, I had to take it out through some trees and carry two bodies of water to reach the green. Ended up on the fringe, 15ft for eagle. Missed the putt long, but hit the combacker for birdie.

Holed out a 40 yard bunker shot for a birdie on 17 today......front bunker, just short of the green...pin way at the back....hit a chunk and run and it landed and tracked right into the cup!

Holed out a 40 yard bunker shot for a birdie on 17 today......front bunker, just short of the green...pin way at the back....hit a chunk and run and it landed and tracked right into the cup!

Great shot Tim. That is an impressive shot.

55 foot putt for birdie, Longaberger #2. 3 inches on the front lip, pin position on Tier 3, back left. Callaway favorited the picture of the putt. It was one heck of a putt, best of my life.

18th hole, was -2 on the back 9 and decided to go for broke and cut the drive ACROSS the highway and ended up 52 from a front pin, tool the 58(59) Hopkins, opened it up, and did this:

SS18green_zps611cd530.jpeg

You can't control/spin a ladies ball though, remember?

Across the highway with a ladies ball.

You're insane!

Across the highway with a ladies ball.

You're insane!

Best part is, TONS of signs about how the city is not responsible, I say eff it. As I'm about to pull the trigger a brand new Ford Raptor truck rounds the corner, had to step away as I was thinking NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Best part is, TONS of signs about how the city is not responsible, I say eff it. As I'm about to pull the trigger a brand new Ford Raptor truck rounds the corner, had to step away as I was thinking NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hahahahaha, At least it wasn't an Escalade.

You dont have a great track record with cars on the road...LOL

Hahahahaha, At least it wasn't an Escalade.

Exactly!

Great shot Tim. That is an impressive shot.

Do 't they say that long bunker shot is the hardest in golf? Don't know if 40 yds is "long" but it is to me!

"Yes! And it counts!" (in my best Marv Albert voice)

My 2nd shot on a par 5. I crushed my drive but it was in some trees on the left. There was one tree between me and the green. Since I was having a bad round I figured why not try to pull off something crazy. I took out my 4 hybrid at aimed left of the tree. At this point I'm aiming into a hazard and about 30 yards left of the green. I open up the face to hit a huge cut. Make perfect contact and cut the ball around the tree and just in front of the green. Wound up missing a 5 footer for birdie but still an easy par.

That's crazy spin with that ball, dude. You seeing a ton of spin with those Hopkins?

That's crazy spin with that ball, dude. You seeing a ton of spin with those Hopkins?

More than I did out of the MD2's to be honest. I was honestly shocked at that hop and stop on a non full wedge myself, been working on angle of attack but if I can get that result from that range all the time then this ball really will be my gamer.

I'm just CRAZY sold on the balance/shape of these.

More than I did out of the MD2's to be honest. I was honestly shocked at that hop and stop on a non full wedge myself, been working on angle of attack but if I can get that result from that range all the time then this ball really will be my gamer.

I'm just CRAZY sold on the balance/shape of these.

Nice dude!

Second shot on short par 4 115 yards in the hole 4th eagle ever.

Par 3 16th hole. Was playing at 192 with the hole situated just beyond a ridge that's all down hill after that. Hit a 6 iron with a little fade and I knew it was good from the start. It landed on the front edge of the green and rolled up to the ridge and just carried enough momentum to start down to the hole. I'd say its up there with my best shot of the year. And yes, I nailed the putt.

27E5CAC2-2015-41D1-9EDA-8F450D2D2053-23637-000009BA3D45B2C1_zps3f161ed6.jpg

4th shot chip in from about 15 yards to save par...about the only bright spot today

Either draining a 30 foot double breaker for birdie (through the back door), or hitting a perfectly sliced driver around the trees on a PITA of a dog-leg par 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back