Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Kickapoo! Awesome shot!

Nice shot Kickapoo. :clapp:

thanks!!!! it was pretty cool. i walked up to the green thinking i overshot it into the back sandtrap (i didnt see it go in the hole) and i couldnt find it. so my playing partner said "i bet its in the hole", and there it was...

Probably wouldn't be the shot my buddies called my best, but personally I felt like my drive on the 4th was my best today. Long and straight, middle of the fairway. I normally drive anywhere from 230-260ish, I launched one out 295(going by the yardage marker on the scorecard and walking it off based on the yardage markers on the fairway. That to me was a HUGE confidence booster. Not all of my following tee shots traveled like that, but just knowing that given the right conditions I can hit one darn near 300 made my day.

Great drive Dusty. That's hugh. I hit a couple really long this year, close to 300, but with a 40 mph gail behind me and down hill, lol.

friday morning, second shot on a par 5, 225 yds out with a 2 club wind rt to lft very large tree guarding the green about 50 yds out. drilled that sucker...cut up into the wind and it drifted back landing about 30 ft from the pin for my 2 putt birdie....HAHA...

i was 3 blades of grass away from reaching a mean par 5 in 2... missed my off the fringe eagle... missed my 5 ft slider for birdie... tap in par... :sad:

436 yd Par 5 with slight wind behind me..... After hitting a 218 yd drive with my 5w, I knocked my approach with my 4i to within 20 ft which put me on the green in 2
Spoiler
proceeded to 3 putt for par :banghead::banghead:

Hit my longest drive ever (confirmed with 2 GPS devices). Prior to yesterday, my longest drive had been in Park City, Utah. It was nice to beat it at a normal elevation.

On #17 uphill - 335y par 4, I drove the green and 2 putted for a birdie. It was straight downwind though. I was pretty happy.

Same hole same course as my last entry. Par 4, 5th hole. Drove it 275 yesterday. Its really a confidence boosting hole.

Last edited:
i made an eagle from 112 out with wedge last year.

On #17 uphill - 335y par 4, I drove the green and 2 putted for a birdie. It was straight downwind though. I was pretty happy.

Nice drive RB!

I had a couple good holes yesterday and shots. Par 4 approx 425yd, drove the ball right into the desert which is a hazard area about 250yds out. I had a clean lie with no rocks against the ball, hit a 6i across the desert, the pond and 5ft from the hole, but 2 putted for par. The shot came off just as I envisioned it, which is rare. :)

Last hole of the tourney last night is our #1 on that side (par 5) which was our last hole as we played shotgun. This hole dog legs right which is perfect for me as I can let go and not worry about slicing assuming I get it out far enough to clear the houses. Well, I hit the most beautiful controlled 270yd fade in a long time, and cleared the corner and almost got it to the fairway pass the corner, in fact it was 2 inches from the grass sitting on the desert floor. That left approx 170yds into the green that is fronted by 2 bunkers, 1 green side and the other about 30 yds in front of that one. Again hit the most beautiful 6i, landed about 10ft from the pin then rolled off to the backside of the green. Putted up to about 12 inches for my attempt at eagle and dropped the birdie.

All in all a good day and took down 8 skins. :D

I only played 4 holes yesterday, but had two good shots. First on a 175 Par 3, playing more like 185 with a back center pin and a stiff crosswind, elevated green. I pull my 4 hybrid, aim right edge of green for the wind, and hit it pure. Ball strikes the front of the green, releases, and rolls slowly to the back, crossing the pin from left to right. Seriously looked like it had a chance to drop. Ended up rolling 10 feet past the pin and resting on the fringe (thanks to the wind). Still for that hole, this was a monster shot.

Second shot was on the next hole, 419 Par 4 dogleg right. Wind to my back, and elevated tee box, so I decide to cut the corner over the trees and let 'er rip. Another pure shot, and the ball just went forever. Ended up with a 50 yrd pitch. Soo, 370 yard drive? haha, maybe not since I cut the corner, but was probably a solid 300 yarder.

Out with a buddy a few day's ago and was just on. My new Nickents felt like butter that day and everything was dialed in. Par three #6 hole, only 126 to the pin, but over a creek to a heavely sloping green towards us. OB on the left and a pond right behind. This can be a tough little hole, miss anywhere and your in trouble. I hit my choked up pitching wedge with the blade slightly open sky high and landed 18 inches below and left of the flag, one bounce hit the flag dead center and stopped 24 inches below right of the flag. My buddy was screaming for it to go in before it ever got there, it didn't listen :(

Then, at the par 5 11th. This same buddy has a new sandwedge, had never played one before. He was in about as bad a spot he could be for this green. Short sided and way below the face of the green. High bunker blocking the flag, all he could see was the top of the flag. Never hitting a flopshot he landed well, but rolled well past the flag, so I attempt to show him how I flop it. Using his new sw, I open my stance and the blade way up. The ball goes straight up I mean high. We get up there and the ball is 2" on the back side of the flag. The divot's 2" on the front side of the flag, lol. Must have done a dance!

putting was tremendous even tho the rest of the round was forgettable...
one putt was a 40 footer from the fringe... just trying to lag it in there and it decided to drop in

Hit my hybrid from 210 yards out to within 3 feet of the hole.

I'm torn between my second shot with the 3 wood on par 5 from 240 to get on the dance floor (Ball flight was beautiful). Missed eagle putt by an inch and short 2 foot putt for birdie. The other shot is the following hole, I chipped in for birdie from 20 feet with the GW. First time I ever had back to back birdies.

Re: Best Shot Of Your Round

Double espresso vodka

Two great ones today.

#1- Hit my 4 hybrid from 240 to 10ft.

#2-Hit PW 135 yards into a 15mph headwind to 8ft and made the put.

Hitting the ball really solid right now.

stuck one really close from 80yrds out... only decent shot of the day

This doesnt really count as a best shot, but definitely the funniest I've seen in a while. So I'm in the green's rightside bunker, the hole is right in the middle of the green. I take too aggressive of a swing and catch the sand right behind the ball, and launch the ball about 4 times as high/far as I intend. The ball flies out of the bunker, I'm thinking "oh poop", then it hits a tree branch opposite side of the green about 35 feet in the air "even more poop", and bounces right back onto the far side of the green "not bad!". It has a bit of roll, so I'm thinking "cool, it'll trickle down to the hole". Nope, the 40 mph winds caught the ball, and it rolled all the way across the green, down the fringe, and into the green's rightside bunker, no more than 2 feet away from me. That ball took quite a trip to end up 2 feet away...

Par 5 9th hole. Hole is designed after the 13th at Augusta, water short of the green. White tees were moved back to 487 yards, layed up into a great shot short of the water, pushed my wedge way right of green. 4th shot tried to chip onto and biffed it, left the ball on the fringe 40' short of the hole. Took out my 8iron to chip close to hole.

Instead I drained it, first time I've ever done that. I felt like I had just chipped in to win a major, gave myself a fist pump, and smiled all the way up to the hole. I was playing as a single so I'm sure I lloked funny getting all excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back