Big Bertha Alpha Driver Review

are other people hitting this driver a lot lower than their other drivers despite same 10.5 degree loft?...shots seem to be penetrate through air with more force though despite lower trajectory....still not sure what to think about this driver...have been too scared to take it on the course...:)
Lower spin?

are other people hitting this driver a lot lower than their other drivers despite same 10.5 degree loft?...shots seem to be penetrate through air with more force though despite lower trajectory....still not sure what to think about this driver...have been too scared to take it on the course...:)

Ball flight is beautiful for me...black tie shaft and all.

except when my swing sucks then, well, you know...

I have my BBA set to 11 and have been hitting nice high flight with lots of carry. I also went with a regular shaft for more height. Plus I am learning how to hit low drives when needed with a little spine tilt. Last week for nine holes hit every fairway. Take it to the course and see the actual results. I pull mine almost every time.

Anyone else having better results with the core up? My miss is high on the face and after trying the core back in the up position I've been getting much better results. It also feels much better on contact haha

Anyone else having better results with the core up? My miss is high on the face and after trying the core back in the up position I've been getting much better results. It also feels much better on contact haha

Yes! It definitely helps me when I'm missing high on the face.

Yup. I was fit with the core up for that exact reason. Moves the sweetspot closer to your miss.

Is the sweet spot on the BBA dead centre, as opposed to upper-mid centre? I find shots out of the middle give a nice solid thwack, but upper-mid sound a bit hollow?

After gaming this basically all year, I wish I had went with the regular Bertha for some lateral forgiveness. I was pretty inconsistent vertically early in the year but I think I have worked that out for the most part and now my miss is more lateral. There truly is no better feel than when I hit this dead nuts, unfortunately as the year has progressed those occurrences have become few and far between. I know the new models are coming out, but if you are looking to pick up an old model to save some cash, all I can say is make sure you know where your miss is before deciding.

It's still a great driver but probably not the best one for my game.

Played a round today with the core up for the 1st time, what I saw was straighter but shorter. I would think by an average 10 yards and a lower overall ball flight. Maybe this was a change in the spin or maybe just me swinging slower today.

I've had limited time with the Alpha, but from what I've seen, misses high on the face aren't punished too badly, which is my typically miss. Contact off the center of the face have produced my worst misses (understably) and those misses remind me of what I would see from time-to-time with the XHot Pro I game last year though not as penal.

What a interesting day, had the new tip that was generously donated to me by Imh3 put on the Graphite Design AD DI6 shaft I bought from another THPer yesterday and went out to play this morning. Hit a couple dozen range balls (irons) then set the Alpha back to Square / Neutral Core down and hit 2 beautiful Drives slight draw and long for range balls.

Loving this new Shaft, 3rd ball made a nice swing and the Driver head went past the ball! the tip stayed on the Driver but the glue that held it to the inner / outer piece let go. It was real shiny inside and the club builder said it must not have bonded when it was made, no problem already fixed and ready for Sunday.

Played the rest of the round with the 3 /5 wood and had a pretty good day (82). You just never know what can happen.

Back