Bluetooth Speaker Roundup

I dont normally give out tons of info before the review is complete, but I have to rave about this new little speaker from kitsound. The KitSound PocketBoom XB is tiny, connects quickly and puts out solid sound. Is it Audiofile? Nope, but it is solid and the package is absolutely minuscule compared to some others.

Next to standard coffee mug
e5e9a4em.jpg

Next to tiny JVC action camera
qemudu3y.jpg

Wow! That thing is small and I will be interested to hear more about it.

I bought the JBL Charge after I returned from The Grandaddy and had it in my cart for the first time this week. Being round, it rolled around in the cart a bit, even with the rubber runners on one side. So, I put it in the cup holder... PERFECT! No loss of sound and I didn't have to jam it in there then worry about scratches! Perfect size.
y3yneta9.jpg

That speaker is tiny. Can't wait to see the final review on sound, battery life, and compatibility. Thanks for the teaser!

Wow, JB, that speaker is tiny. Can't wait to hear how they all stack up when the shootout is over!

I'm really interested to hear your thoughts on the Puma Soundchuck, seems to look like the best one to use when carrying or using a push cart. The two piece design seems like it would be great to hang off a club shaft in a carry bag, but I've read/heard mixed reviews on it so far....with most being negative in relation to sound compared to similarly priced speakers. I still have high hopes though...it's definitely a nice looking one.

Im I also most interested in the sound quality at "normal" levels, most reviews I've read get negative on a lot of them at peak volume and I don't plan on blasting it out on the course at full volume.

Last edited:
That is one tiny speaker, I can't wait to hear the final review, I wondered if it would drop too low in the cup holder?

Is it the overall performance (sound, battery, usability etc.) you are testing? Any shock / water resistant models included?

Is it the overall performance (sound, battery, usability etc.) you are testing? Any shock / water resistant models included?

It's more of a round up of all of them. They all have pros and cons. We will include some highlights.

And yes we even got one made for the shower.

It's more of a round up of all of them. They all have pros and cons. We will include some highlights.

And yes we even got one made for the shower.

Awesome, shower karaoke is my thing!

Nice choices but no beats?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Nice choices but no beats?

We had them and tested. As mentioned this is what's left to test.

Very interested in this thread, can't wait to see all of the reviews. I don't so music when I play but a friend brings his to tourneys and they're pretty fun.

We had them and tested. As mentioned this is what's left to test.

Oh I got ya.

I might have missed it somewhere, but does the HMDX Jam Bluetooth Speaker happen to be included in your testing?

I might have missed it somewhere, but does the HMDX Jam Bluetooth Speaker happen to be included in your testing?

It is not included.

The RoundUp will be up on the home page this week. Thanks to our amazing editor, all of my scribbles are now actually readable and make sense.

The RoundUp will be up on the home page this week. Thanks to our amazing editor, all of my scribbles are now actually readable and make sense.

So excited to read this! Going to be putting in an order soon and this will certainly help my decision.

Ryan working his magic?

Im curious to see if there were any that just blew the competition away. Listening to them in Best Buy is one thing, but getting them out where you would typically use them is another story.

Im curious to see if there were any that just blew the competition away. Listening to them in Best Buy is one thing, but getting them out where you would typically use them is another story.
Exactly what I was thinking Ryan, if I ever see someone at a course listening I always make a point to listen close and ask them about their experience! Jake probably got tired of my questions at the MC about his!

Cant wait to hear about the surprises. I am in need of a new box.

The article will be up tomorrow and gives insight into the testing done and all 11 devices that were involved in the Roundup.

The article will be up tomorrow and gives insight into the testing done and all 11 devices that were involved in the Roundup.

Awesome. I still think this was a great idea, also willing to bet it decides which way I go in finally getting a good speaker.

Back