Brag about your kids

PackersGirl

2022 Grandaddy Alum
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
We have 5 kids. Our oldest daughter is active duty Army for the past 4 years. She's been stationed in Germany and is now stateside. She is a petite little thing that went Airborne. Proud Army Mom right here!
Our 2nd oldest lives in Texas and is getting his head on straight. He is starting to find himself and realize what we've known all along...that he can do it. We are so proud of how far he's come in such a short amount of time. He truly has worked his butt off to better himself and his family.
Our middle son is in his Freshman year of college. He received a full ride on an Army ROTC scholarship. He'll be an officer in the Army but still not sure which branch within the Army yet. This kid has his eyes set on becoming a General. I have no doubt that he'll make it happen!
Our youngest daughter is a senior is high school. She's in the top 12 of her class. Just this week she's decided to enlist in the Army. She'll be a Combat Medic, 68 Whiskey. This girl has the scores to be anything she wants...her heart is so big that she wants to help people. I get to buy more proud Army Mom gear.
Our youngest is finishing up his Middle school years with 4 high school credits. FOUR! This kid has been working hard. He started the school newspaper and is Editor in Chief. He wants to be an ASL Interpreter.

I'm a proud Mom. Words can never express how much my kids mean to me. They wouldn't brag about themselves but I sure can! ❤
So, let's hear it! Brag away! Let's talk about the fun, great and crazy things Our kids are doing. Doesn't matter what age.

That's awesome!!! major props to the kids (and parents) choosing to serve our country.
We've got a sophomore at Ohio University working on chemical engineering degree and hoping for a biomed engineering masters.
And an active junior in high school who anchors the trumpets in the marching band, contributed some podiums on the swim team, and now a defensive captain on the lacrosse team. School is more of a participation thing for him, he's not really motivated for grades but he is excited to do half days at HS, half at community college next year. Not sure about his future, he's talked about just about everything from business or hvac school to military.
I am happy to report they are both Packers fans.

That's awesome!!! major props to the kids (and parents) choosing to serve our country.
We've got a sophomore at Ohio University working on chemical engineering degree and hoping for a biomed engineering masters.
And an active junior in high school who anchors the trumpets in the marching band, contributed some podiums on the swim team, and now a defensive captain on the lacrosse team. School is more of a participation thing for him, he's not really motivated for grades but he is excited to do half days at HS, half at community college next year. Not sure about his future, he's talked about just about everything from business or hvac school to military.
I am happy to report they are both Packers fans.
Wow! You have some awesome kids!!! In college for a Chemical Engineering degree?! That's hard work and dedication! So amazing!
Good for your high schooler, he's thinking ahead. Get some college courses taken care of early if he decides to go the college route. The doors sound open for him whatever path he chooses!
I've unfortunately failed as a parent in the football area. My kids will cheer for the Packers but not always watch it with me. Every once in a while they will but not die hard every game.

Our soon to be five year old daughter (holy crap) is the spit fire of the group. She’s independent and confident. For a kid who has been thrown so many curveballs so far in childhood, she barrels on with her head held high. So damn proud of her. She’s shown an interest in golf along with other sports, so this year we will get all of that started. She can drive the golf course around the neighborhood without veering off-road while I had the gas pedal.

Our son is 2.5 and is an absolute sponge for knowledge. Has his abcs and 1-20 down after just listening to his sister practice for her school from home this past year. He’s an absolute sweetheart with a gentle soul, but knows how to dish it back when his older sister pushes him too far. Definitely has an engineering mind, as he will sit and tinker with his toys to understand how they work.

The newest addition to our brood is 5 months old and is such a good baby. She is figuring out her hands and otherwise just smiles and watches her siblings all day, giggling away at their antics. She tries so hard to talk and move so she can join in on the madness, but still working on being mobile (rolling but not crawling yet). She’s the perfect ending to our clan and I can’t wait to see how she grows.

First photo is now, second photo is a month before the 2016 Grandaddy. Time freaking flies.

Attachments

• EA15B578-35F9-42D8-A72D-07D7D5FA0096.jpeg
    EA15B578-35F9-42D8-A72D-07D7D5FA0096.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 30
  • ADFD5592-0781-418E-B12B-D39149AAD53B.jpeg
    ADFD5592-0781-418E-B12B-D39149AAD53B.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
This is a great thread idea!!

This week my son got his first job. He just turned 16 and got a job at the golf course we live on. He will be doing the carts and clean up around the shop, course, and practice areas. It's super convenient. He gets his license in another month. He is a good driver. Takes his time and gives himself plenty of space. My kids generation is very conscientious. I like that about them.

My daughter is in 7th grade. She just had choir solos filmed recently and she got so nervous doing a solo she cried 😊. She has a fairly quick wit and a goofy sense of humor like her father. We have some amazing conversations and laugh at each other a lot.

I ❤️ my kids!!!

Our soon to be five year old daughter (holy crap) is the spit fire of the group. She’s independent and confident. For a kid who has been thrown so many curveballs so far in childhood, she barrels on with her head held high. So damn proud of her. She’s shown an interest in golf along with other sports, so this year we will get all of that started. She can drive the golf course around the neighborhood without veering off-road while I had the gas pedal.

Our son is 2.5 and is an absolute sponge for knowledge. Has his abcs and 1-20 down after just listening to his sister practice for her school from home this past year. He’s an absolute sweetheart with a gentle soul, but knows how to dish it back when his older sister pushes him too far. Definitely has an engineering mind, as he will sit and tinker with his toys to understand how they work.

The newest addition to our brood is 5 months old and is such a good baby. She is figuring out her hands and otherwise just smiles and watches her siblings all day, giggling away at their antics. She tries so hard to talk and move so she can join in on the madness, but still working on being mobile (rolling but not crawling yet). She’s the perfect ending to our clan and I can’t wait to see how she grows.
Time flies doesn't it? I think I blinked once and we are down to 2 left in the house!
Your kids sound like an absolute blessing! Enjoy those years, they were some of my favorites with our kids!

3 boys here. All golf some to various levels which is cool.

Oldest is a Jr in HS. He’s come so far as a man the past couple years. Highly intelligent kid. Is one helluva a guitar player, his passion right now. Very proud of the man he’s becoming. Broke 100 one time by draining a 20 footer for birdie on 18. He knew he needed it and I’ve never seen him that excited on a course. He just plays to have fun once, twice a year now.

Middle son, sophomore. Bit of a self centered turd right now, lol. Very focused, althete. Would have been a varsity baseball player this year (maybe last but season got cancelled) but he quit to focus on golf. He played the last half of the season last year to about a +/- HC level. I did beat him 3/5 five rounds (he’s probably beat me the last 10 rounds prior but it took me playing 5 rounds between 71-76 (pulled those outta my butt, lol) as it’d been a while since I had played well-and that’s very well for me. So he’ll probably destroy me this year. He was hitting it even with me. He’s now 1.5 irons longer than me and I’ll have to have some luck involved to pipe one past him. Very consistent ball striker.

Little guy, sweetheart. 9 years old. Holds the 18 hole world record of 18 holes in one. He only putts still when he plays. Back then he’d set it a foot from the cup every hole. He’s more adventurous the older he gets, and he’s a great putter-at making putts that are still rolling. He lines up the first one then just chases that sucker in, lol.

All three good students and other then my middle son being a jerk teenager at the moment have always been good kids.

In contrast I have a female friend that I briefly dated. Her oldest is a hellian and I knew that it would cause problems so we’ve remained friends but I don’t invite her to my house anymore.

This is a great thread idea!!

This week my son got his first job. He just turned 16 and got a job at the golf course we live on. He will be doing the carts and clean up around the shop, course, and practice areas. It's super convenient. He gets his license in another month. He is a good driver. Takes his time and gives himself plenty of space. My kids generation is very conscientious. I like that about them.

My daughter is in 7th grade. She just had choir solos filmed recently and she got so nervous doing a solo she cried 😊. She has a fairly quick wit and a goofy sense of humor like her father. We have some amazing conversations and laugh at each other a lot.

I ❤ my kids!!!
Oh! So, you will soon have a chauffeur and "run grab me some milk" kid? That's the best! Congratulations on his first job!
Aww I bet your daughter will get used to it soon enough. Poor thing, I understand completely!
Love the quick wit and goofy sense of humor. All of our kids are that way. They tell bad Dad jokes just like their Dad @Davidhibler lol

3 boys here. All golf some to various levels which is cool.

Oldest is a Jr in HS. He’s come so far as a man the past couple years. Highly intelligent kid. Is one helluva a guitar player, his passion right now. Very proud of the man he’s becoming. Broke 100 one time by draining a 20 footer for birdie on 18. He knew he needed it and I’ve never seen him that excited on a course. He just plays to have fun once, twice a year now.

Middle son, sophomore. Bit of a self centered turd right now, lol. Very focused, althete. Would have been a varsity baseball player this year (maybe last but season got cancelled) but he quit to focus on golf. He played the last half of the season last year to about a +/- HC level. I did beat him 3/5 five rounds (he’s probably beat me the last 10 rounds prior but it took me playing 5 rounds between 71-76 (pulled those outta my butt, lol) as it’d been a while since I had played well-and that’s very well for me. So he’ll probably destroy me this year. He was hitting it even with me. He’s now 1.5 irons longer than me and I’ll have to have some luck involved to pipe one past him. Very consistent ball striker.

Little guy, sweetheart. 9 years old. Holds the 18 hole world record of 18 holes in one. He only putts still when he plays. Back then he’d set it a foot from the cup every hole. He’s more adventurous the older he gets, and he’s a great putter-at making putts that are still rolling. He lines up the first one then just chases that sucker in, lol.

All three good students and other then my middle son being a jerk teenager at the moment have always been good kids.

In contrast I have a female friend that I briefly dated. Her oldest is a hellian and I knew that it would cause problems so we’ve remained friends but I don’t invite her to my house anymore.
Wow! We only had 1 out if 5 that enjoyed playing golf. But, he got bored and was only in it for the snacks at the end lol
You sound like you have some good kids. Even the teenager with the attitude. Lol! We had a couple of those...they do calm down eventually....thank goodness!

We have two successful daughters. Successful in as much as we don't have to worry about their futures after their retirements. Both are pretty well off.

Both are college graduates with degrees in accounting, and business management. They helped our pocket books out with academic scholarships out of highschool

Both played sports growing up. Not having any sons, I taught them both to play boy's sports. Both were pretty good fast pitch softball players. Our oldest played short stop for a boys baseball team for a couple years, which was eye opener at the time. (other parents). One was a finesse player, and the other was a hard nosed, get in your face competitor. I taught them to camp, fish, and hunt. Guy things. Mom taught them the lady like stuff.

Both girls married decent men, who have raised their families quite well. They each gave us 3 grandchildren we are quite proud of. They range in age from 15 to 26 years of age. Four of them are out of the house making their own ways in life.

It wasn't easy raising daughters. Lot's trials, and tribulations. Good times, and bad times. Mostly good times though.

As working parents we did the best we could raising them. We learned as much as the girls did. I was probably overly protective with both of them. No one went to jail, or did the drug trips.

I do give most of the credit to their successful growing up to their Mom. Amazing women she is. Me, I was usually off building something , paying all the bills. Mom held down her nursing job, while always finding time to handle the girls issues as they came up.

Both our daughters are in their 40s now. Still married to their first loves. We got everything we hoped for from them. Can't ask for much more than that.

I have three ranging from 15 to 20 and I'm proud of all of them. Each is different with different gifts. My eldest is completing sophmore year of college and my biggest challenge with him is getting him to work a part time job. that said, his passion is serving others and he is out working the community food bank today which he had done for many years.

My younger childern are great students and my senior in HS basically works enough to pay for all her own expenses. She has pride in self reliance.

as a parent with happy and balanced kids after 2020, I feel blessed.

We have two successful daughters. Successful in as much as we don't have to worry about their futures after their retirements. Both are pretty well off.

Both are college graduates with degrees in accounting, and business management. They helped our pocket books out with academic scholarships out of highschool

Both played sports growing up. Not having any sons, I taught them both to play boy's sports. Both were pretty good fast pitch softball players. Our oldest played short stop for a boys baseball team for a couple years, which was eye opener at the time. (other parents). One was a finesse player, and the other was a hard nosed, get in your face competitor. I taught them to camp, fish, and hunt. Guy things. Mom taught them the lady like stuff.

Both girls married decent men, who have raised their families quite well. They each gave us 3 grandchildren we are quite proud of. They range in age from 15 to 26 years of age. Four of them are out of the house making their own ways in life.

It wasn't easy raising daughters. Lot's trials, and tribulations. Good times, and bad times. Mostly good times though.

As working parents we did the best we could raising them. We learned as much as the girls did. I was probably overly protective with both of them. No one went to jail, or did the drug trips.

I do give most of the credit to their successful growing up to their Mom. Amazing women she is. Me, I was usually off building something , paying all the bills. Mom held down her nursing job, while always finding time to handle the girls issues as they came up.

Both our daughters are in their 40s now. Still married to their first loves. We got everything we hoped for from them. Can't ask for much more than that.
I love this! What a journey you guys have had. I think the best gift our kids can give us is being happy and successful adults. Sounds like you've won on that one!

I have three ranging from 15 to 20 and I'm proud of all of them. Each is different with different gifts. My eldest is completing sophmore year of college and my biggest challenge with him is getting him to work a part time job. that said, his passion is serving others and he is out working the community food bank today which he had done for many years.

My younger childern are great students and my senior in HS basically works enough to pay for all her own expenses. She has pride in self reliance.

as a parent with happy and balanced kids after 2020, I feel blessed.
A servants heart, what a beautiful thing to see! 2020 has been rough on so many kids. When you see your own kids succeeding, it definitely makes you realize how truly blessed you are.

I love this! What a journey you guys have had. I think the best gift our kids can give us is being happy and successful adults. Sounds like you've won on that one!
Thanks for the kind words. It was definately a journey for the four of us. There were some bumps in the road, but the end results are all that mattered.

BTW, Green Bay is my favorite team........

We have 5 kids. Our oldest daughter is active duty Army for the past 4 years. She's been stationed in Germany and is now stateside. She is a petite little thing that went Airborne. Proud Army Mom right here!
Our 2nd oldest lives in Texas and is getting his head on straight. He is starting to find himself and realize what we've known all along...that he can do it. We are so proud of how far he's come in such a short amount of time. He truly has worked his butt off to better himself and his family.
Our middle son is in his Freshman year of college. He received a full ride on an Army ROTC scholarship. He'll be an officer in the Army but still not sure which branch within the Army yet. This kid has his eyes set on becoming a General. I have no doubt that he'll make it happen!
Our youngest daughter is a senior is high school. She's in the top 12 of her class. Just this week she's decided to enlist in the Army. She'll be a Combat Medic, 68 Whiskey. This girl has the scores to be anything she wants...her heart is so big that she wants to help people. I get to buy more proud Army Mom gear.
Our youngest is finishing up his Middle school years with 4 high school credits. FOUR! This kid has been working hard. He started the school newspaper and is Editor in Chief. He wants to be an ASL Interpreter.

I'm a proud Mom. Words can never express how much my kids mean to me. They wouldn't brag about themselves but I sure can! ❤
So, let's hear it! Brag away! Let's talk about the fun, great and crazy things Our kids are doing. Doesn't matter what age.

Very cool! You should be proud!

Side note: My girlfriend loves ASL, has a degree in it, too. She's worked some side gigs as an interpreter on and off and is now working towards getting her bachelors degree in teaching (tiny humans), then her Masters. So, if your youngest needs some questions answered, or wants to practice his ASL, I know someone who might be able to help. Just shoot me a message. (y)

Oh! So, you will soon have a chauffeur and "run grab me some milk" kid? That's the best! Congratulations on his first job!
Aww I bet your daughter will get used to it soon enough. Poor thing, I understand completely!
Love the quick wit and goofy sense of humor. All of our kids are that way. They tell bad Dad jokes just like their Dad @Davidhibler lol

Oh that, I’ve got one on a permit and one fully licensed. Outside of driving to work I rarely drive anywhere else. Chauffeur me, please? I hate driving after my crash.

Very cool! You should be proud!

Side note: My girlfriend loves ASL, has a degree in it, too. She's worked some side gigs as an interpreter on and off and is now working towards getting her bachelors degree in teaching (tiny humans), then her Masters. So, if your youngest needs some questions answered, or wants to practice his ASL, I know someone who might be able to help. Just shoot me a message. (y)
That is awesome, I may take you up on that! Thank you! He has watched so many YouTube and how to videos. We can't wait until he's able to take real classes. Right now he really enjoys signing during church. He's coming out of his comfort zone and is putting more body language into song lyrics. It's incredible to watch as he grows.

That is awesome, I may take you up on that! Thank you! He has watched so many YouTube and how to videos. We can't wait until he's able to take real classes. Right now he really enjoys signing during church. He's coming out of his comfort zone and is putting more body language into song lyrics. It's incredible to watch as he grows.

That's a great way to start, and my g/f has done that, too. She use to work with some local individuals in her community growing up for practice. She also would do signing in church and singing with sign, too. She's told me before that it takes a lot of practice and as of the last few years she hasn't had many individuals to practice with. Just yesterday we went to lunch together, we're talking and all of the sudden her eye's were looking behind me, really focused. I looked and she said, I think that table over there is signing. I see her watching, I laugh and said...are you listening to their conversation? No...because the one who's signing has his back to us.

So, if he wants to practice with an individual and wants some teaching....she'd probably love that.

This is Aspen

She is 13 months old. Walking all over the place, can say several words, and a handful of complete sentences. She's figured out how to screw and unscrew lids on water bottles and snacks. She'll pick up the dogs chain outside and say "sit." She doesn't know how to work the carabiner, but she knows exactly where it goes. She also gives kisses, blows kisses, and high fives. She is very much a visual learner. She can watch you do something once or twice and she figures it out from there. It sometimes shocks me, because I'm sitting there wondering how she even knows about what she's doing. You can almost see her mind working when she picks something up. She wants to figure out what it is and how it works. I hope she continues that as she gets older. She's also a giant, for her age, at 34" tall (the size of most 2 year olds and she is barely one). She's got a mouth completely full of chompers and eats dang near everything, except celery, and Applebee's guacamole. Least picky kid I've been around and I hope she's always like that.

She also loves watching outdoors channel, golf, and the food network. She's 100% a daddy's girl.

FB_IMG_1611466776661.jpg

We have a 26 month old who is potty training and the past week has made huge leaps with it, including staying dry all night :ROFLMAO: He's a big kid for his age and doesn't realize he's much bigger than most others, so when he plays rough he can be a bit intimidating to others. (See picture for reference)
06032021_201939_b3bd6c58e049.jpgHe's really been working on doing better with being gentle this week. He's a fast learner, he'll get it. He's got a great heart so he wants to love on people. He knows his colors, shapes, can count, is working on ABC's and spelling his name. Not as exciting as career choices(which are all exciting) but we all have to start somewhere! 🤣
He does love to hit balls with dad!
20210227_181456_1_1_1.gif

Last edited:
Wow! We only had 1 out if 5 that enjoyed playing golf. But, he got bored and was only in it for the snacks at the end lol
You sound like you have some good kids. Even the teenager with the attitude. Lol! We had a couple of those...they do calm down eventually....thank goodness!

My oldest, while different was similar. He’s become awesome now at 17.5 years old. So it just needs waded through. Thanks for the kind words and great thread!

That's a great way to start, and my g/f has done that, too. She use to work with some local individuals in her community growing up for practice. She also would do signing in church and singing with sign, too. She's told me before that it takes a lot of practice and as of the last few years she hasn't had many individuals to practice with. Just yesterday we went to lunch together, we're talking and all of the sudden her eye's were looking behind me, really focused. I looked and she said, I think that table over there is signing. I see her watching, I laugh and said...are you listening to their conversation? No...because the one who's signing has his back to us.

So, if he wants to practice with an individual and wants some teaching....she'd probably love that.
Love that story! Lol! Maybe during the summer we could set something up with them? I know Michael would love actually learning from someone else instead of YouTube.

This is Aspen

She is 13 months old. Walking all over the place, can say several words, and a handful of complete sentences. She's figured out how to screw and unscrew lids on water bottles and snacks. She'll pick up the dogs chain outside and say "sit." She doesn't know how to work the carabiner, but she knows exactly where it goes. She also gives kisses, blows kisses, and high fives. She is very much a visual learner. She can watch you do something once or twice and she figures it out from there. It sometimes shocks me, because I'm sitting there wondering how she even knows about what she's doing. You can almost see her mind working when she picks something up. She wants to figure out what it is and how it works. I hope she continues that as she gets older. She's also a giant, for her age, at 34" tall (the size of most 2 year olds and she is barely one). She's got a mouth completely full of chompers and eats dang near everything, except celery, and Applebee's guacamole. Least picky kid I've been around and I hope she's always like that.

She also loves watching outdoors channel, golf, and the food network. She's 100% a daddy's girl.

View attachment 8997838
Aspen is absolutely adorable! Start cleaning the shotgun now! Lol! This girl is going to have lots of boys chasing after her! I love that age, they are amazed by everything.

We have a 26 month old who is potty training and the past week has made huge leaps with it, including staying dry all night :ROFLMAO: He's a big kid for his age and doesn't realize he's much bigger than other kids his age, so when he plays rough he can be a bit intimidating to others. (See picture for reference)
View attachment 8997839He's really been working on doing better with being gentle this week. He's a fast learner, he'll get it. He's got a great heart so he wants to love on people. He knows his colors, shapes, can count, is working on ABC's and spelling his name. Not as exciting as career choices(which are all exciting) but we all have to start somewhere! 🤣
He does love to hit balls with dad!
View attachment 8997840
He is a cutie! Potty training boys is hard work! Staying dry throughout the night is huge success!!! Way to go! He sounds like such a smart kid, and will definitely do big things when he grows up!

I have three boys and they is all growed up LOL. My oldest is 2 years away from full military retirement in the Navy. He supports the door kickers is all I know and he has given me 2 grandkids, one boy and one girl. He is the only one that plays golf, but we have never played together since he is on the opposite coast. My middle son just finished 7 years in the Army with 4 deployments under his belt. He took his GI build and just finished his second Masters Degree and is now creating VR programs. He has given me my second granddaughter and she just turned 1. My youngest is the only son not in the military, but followed my footsteps into aviation and he just gave me my third granddaughter 2 weeks ago.

Back