Brag about your kids

Dang, they are cute!
IMG_2181.jpeg

Pumped for the kid. Guest playing for his old team on short notice and did awesome. Not a bad start to baseball season
IMG_9207.jpegIMG_9208.jpegIMG_9209.png

My kids can drive me crazy like no other person and doesn’t understand no. But they are mine. My wife gives in to them a lot. I’m the stern one.

I've got to brag on my oldest: Friday we had a non-district baseball game (a tune-up leading to playoffs starting next week). We have the luxury of being extremely deep so the boy didn't start this game on 1B. We were just flat from the get-go and played from behind all day. Carsten came in to pitch with bases loaded, two outs, and down 6-3 in the bottom of the 6th. He pitched out of the inning without giving up a run. Top of the 7th we have bases loaded with two outs when Carsten came up for his first AB of the day. Down 0-2 and he hits a gapper to the left-centerfield fence for a bases clearing 3-rbi, stand-up, double to tie the game 6-6. We scored one more run in the top of the 7th and Carsten went three up, three down to secure the win. He puts in so much work in preparation for those opportunities and it sure made this daddy awfully proud to see him take advantage of his opportunities.

My son was a referee this weekend for the first time. He ref'd the CO Fargo qualifier tournament for greco and freestyle and did a pretty good job. Not perfect, but definitely tried to get it right. Proud dad moment :)

I've got to brag on my oldest: Friday we had a non-district baseball game (a tune-up leading to playoffs starting next week). We have the luxury of being extremely deep so the boy didn't start this game on 1B. We were just flat from the get-go and played from behind all day. Carsten came in to pitch with bases loaded, two outs, and down 6-3 in the bottom of the 6th. He pitched out of the inning without giving up a run. Top of the 7th we have bases loaded with two outs when Carsten came up for his first AB of the day. Down 0-2 and he hits a gapper to the left-centerfield fence for a bases clearing 3-rbi, stand-up, double to tie the game 6-6. We scored one more run in the top of the 7th and Carsten went three up, three down to secure the win. He puts in so much work in preparation for those opportunities and it sure made this daddy awfully proud to see him take advantage of his opportunities.
Love it.. my youngest is a HS senior and we have had the 1st 2 weeks of the season rained out. We have our first game today and had to move it 40 mins south to turf complex just to get it in (both teams are 10 mins apart from each other up here in Syracuse). GL to your boy in playoffs!

Love it.. my youngest is a HS senior and we have had the 1st 2 weeks of the season rained out. We have our first game today and had to move it 40 mins south to turf complex just to get it in (both teams are 10 mins apart from each other up here in Syracuse). GL to your boy in playoffs!
Thank you! We've been ranked as high as #1 in the state (power rankings across all classes) this year, so expectations are high. We have lost in the 4A state semifinals the last two years (to the eventual state champions), so the boys are on a mission. We are as deep as any team I've had the pleasure of being around, but having a (projected) 1st round draft pick on the team (P/CF) offers another level of confidence for these boys.

This is just an update.

I am happy to say I have a Daughter turning 50 next month. A lot has gone on in her life.

Her greatest accomplishment is raising 3 of our Grand Kids into successful adulthoods. A not so easy task for young parents in Vegas, and it's school system.

She loves her work, as a senior inspector in the state's Senior Welfare system. She makes sure Seniors are treated right. She married a good man.

Our Youngest Daughter just turned 46 in January. Her greatest accomplishment is raising three more of our Grandkids into responsible adults. All three received their Associates Degrees before their high school diplomas. All are working in the medical community. She managed her family all the while running a construction business, with a part time hobby as a real estate agent. She also married a good man. I just wish he was a better golfer.

G-Ma, and I are so thankful at our ages, our entire immediate family are all still around and healthy.

If I sound like I'm bragging, well, yeah, guilty as charged.

After 3 years of the disappointment of being declined, our daughter (middle child) was just accepted into the Veterinary program at the University of Illinois !
So very happy and proud of her. She has worked incredibly hard but stayed positive even when she was declined. Her passion to learn and love of animals, she’s going to make an excellent Veterinarian.
Looking forward to watching her continue this journey.
IMG_1253.jpeg

After 3 years of the disappointment of being declined, our daughter (middle child) was just accepted into the Veterinary program at the University of Illinois !
So very happy and proud of her. She has worked incredibly hard but stayed positive even when she was declined. Her passion to learn and love of animals, she’s going to make an excellent Veterinarian.
Looking forward to watching her continue this journey.
View attachment 9258279
Awesome.. congrats young lady!!

Just finished the enrollment process for my daughter to start kindergarten this fall. It's scary how fast time goes!

Just finished the enrollment process for my daughter to start kindergarten this fall. It's scary how fast time goes!
I remember doing that... now I just sent out invites for my youngest's grad party. Don't blink.

I remember doing that... now I just sent out invites for my youngest's grad party. Don't blink.
Yep... mine is wrapping up his freshman year of college. Feels like yesterday I was taking him to his first day of school (which I did every year).

Big youth sports day today. Kinsley is doing a spring basketball league. They didn’t have enough girls sign up so they split the girls up on the boys teams. She was a little intimidated the first practice and game. Eased in today. Had a bunch of rebounds and some good passes. She’s still a little timid on offense but the boys are definitely rougher. It’s going to huge for her next season though. I was a little worried it would make it not fun but she had fun today and told me she really liked it.

Softball after. Making up for a bunch of rain outs so we had a game today and another tomorrow on top of normal schedule of Saturday and this weeks game Tuesday. They’re starting to kind of pound the ball now. She hit a couple of gappers and had two doubles and had another that she roped and it went off the coach.

Big youth sports day today. Kinsley is doing a spring basketball league. They didn’t have enough girls sign up so they split the girls up on the boys teams. She was a little intimidated the first practice and game. Eased in today. Had a bunch of rebounds and some good passes. She’s still a little timid on offense but the boys are definitely rougher. It’s going to huge for her next season though. I was a little worried it would make it not fun but she had fun today and told me she really liked it.

Softball after. Making up for a bunch of rain outs so we had a game today and another tomorrow on top of normal schedule of Saturday and this weeks game Tuesday. They’re starting to kind of pound the ball now. She hit a couple of gappers and had two doubles and had another that she roped and it went off the coach.
What a day… just remind my niece that “shooters shoot.” If u hit that 1st shot then you’re hot. If not.. keep shooting until you are hot.

Wife and I love softball.. we are literally sitting in our living room watching the Syracuse/Pitt game as I type this. You go Kinsley!!

What a day… just remind my niece that “shooters shoot.” If u hit that 1st shot then you’re hot. If not.. keep shooting until you are hot.

Wife and I love softball.. we are literally sitting in our living room watching the Syracuse/Pitt game as I type this. You go Kinsley!!
I love it. We have gone to a few cal games with her league. The girls are so into it. The chants are fun. They take it seriously and want to win but still fun.

This is the first year of kid pitch. Bit of an adventure. 5 pitches and then coach comes in for 2 more if nothing crosses plate which is often the case. Today the other team tied it up in their half of the 5th and they wanted to keep the tie and we were right at the time limit. Our girls wanted to keep going so we did. Kinsley led off with one of her doubles. Next girl got a single and then the girl after smoked a triple. So much fun.

All three kids (Vanessa 30 yrs old, Justin and Courtney (twins 28 yrs old) are amazing in their own right however they are all ambitious, conscientious, humble and self-sufficient. Courtney is married (to Shane) and have two kids Presley 8 and Beckett 3. The kids are all very successful in their chosen profession and they love what they do. It’s bittersweet to realize your kids don’t need your financial help or your wisdom because they’ve grown up how you hoped they would and are fully prepared for what life brings to them.

JBCIV is the biggest in his class. The little girl is the smallest! 😳😆
IMG_2523.jpeg

IMG_3320.jpegProud of my kid. He won best capstone project for his college class. They made him take a picture with the class, all of which are graduating except him. He has been there 3 years and has a semester to go.
IMG_3386.jpeg

Back