Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Par

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Bogey

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Definitely going driver off the tee and then how well I did will dictate the 2nd shot. I'm likely not going to be able to get home in two, so it just depends on how well I hit the tee ball to determine the 2nd shot.

Looks like a fun hole though and it doesn't appears as if the green is nearly as diabolical as the 1st.

Went par-bogey in my two rounds: second round I ended up in the thick stuff to the right.

I need this hole to be #1 for a more inviting tee shot. Highly unlikely I can get there in 2, so letting it rip with the driver, mid iron, wedge. Anyone play the layup in front of all the bunkers to take them out of play and leave more of a 125-130 yard approach? Something more like driver, short iron, short iron?

Loving these hole recaps @Daluteh I've watched the hole by hole videos Ballyhack has online but this really puts things into context. Can't wait to get out there

I’ve gone par/ birdie on this hole. Going right isn’t as bad as it looks but left is the better option. This is a way better hole after having to deal with #1

Here's MyStrategy on

3w:

View attachment 9253679

Driver:

View attachment 9253680

The hole looks to be playing downhill from the tee's then uphill back to the green where you get a beautiful view of the course.

I'll need to keep it in play from the tee, then over the bunkers, then third shot into where the 2nd shot landing is supposed to be. Giving this one a bogey with good strikes is more than reasonable, a par if I've got a front pin and can put my approach 4th nice and close.
Nice addition with MyStrategy.

Tee shot - If you don't take driver here you might as well take it out of the bag because you will never hit it. It plays downhill so that middle bunker is in play. Get the ball in play let's go!

Approach - First time playing it you should play it as a 3 shot hole. You need to pay attention to pin position to give yourself the best look at the green. If it is not your first time playing it then still probably a 3 shot hole. 😁

Green - take a picture from this green. Don't 3 putt. That is the best advice I can give on this green. :ROFLMAO:

If I am remembering correctly this hole was not as kind to me as it could have been. Off the tee I was drawn, almost by an invisible force, to the middle bunker. I actually believe in the second round I would have been better off being in said bunker, instead of being in the cabbage surrounding it.

Even from the fairway this guy has zero chance of getting home in 2, so my approach was leaving me with that uncomfortable yardage that was my nemisis all of last year, which in reality meant green in four. Mix in a three-putt for good measure and you have yourself a solidly satisfying double on what otherwise looks like an inviting hole.

If I can offer one single piece of advice that would be to try and the high side of the fairway off your tee shot - this hole slopes more from left to right than any photo could suggest. You will have a much better look from the left side off the tee. And no, it's not too early to break out some aiming fluid if this hole bullies you ;)

This does really look like one where you need to set yourself up for your next shot.

Sorry to my partner in advance for alt-shot if we play the front 9.
No apologizing, it's going to be awesome. We just need to remember to have you tee off on 1.

I've been looking at these all wrong, been totally thinking from a playing the course not the teams format lense.

I'll play it from 463. So 7W, 7W, and hope I'm not in a bunker. If I'm in a bunker try to get out and on. This hole looks like a DB or TB waiting to happen.

The tee shot is among the most forgiving in the entire galaxy, at least in terms of being able to land on the short grass. It gets harder the closer you are to the hole imo. The layup shot (if you so choose) is hard to visualize with the way the bunkers cut in. Saw a lot of 3rd shots from bad spots.

The approach is weird too with that bunker in the front/middle. Makes it feel harder than it probably is.

Green slopes off to the back right if I remember correctly. Easy to end up with a ball over the back there.

If I recall, @eddywhitaker hit this in two in our first match.
I did..hot start with an eagle..but like you said..the widest fairway there is..2nd shot is definitely weird

This seems gettable in 2, but that bunker in front of the green is going to decide whether I go after it in 2 and it will depend on how I feel that day. Driver 4i, maybe a 5w depending on wind. If I am laying up, driver, 9i, and wedge. I think the overall decision on whether to go for it in 2 or not will determine where my drive ends up.
very gettable..I hit driver, 6 iron and driver, 5 iron when I played

I think I'm drawing it off one of those bunkers in the distance off the tee and then figure it out from there I guess.

Getting back into these hole breakdowns, I know 2nd & potential 3rd shots on this hole will really matter more.

I think even I could find that wide fairway and find a way to get on the green in at max 4 and at least have a shot at par

Driver off the tee and depending how that ends up will determine my 2nd...guessing and 6 iron or so to lay up for a decent full wedge shot into the green.

I though standing up on the tee box (think we were black tees) here that this was the one fairway you could just swing big...but I swiped across both drives which just made my problems worse. Everything runs left to right off the tee, and the better players in my groups could kind of aim for the further left bunker and let it kind of run left to right between them. In my case, I left myself very short and right both times, which left tricky, blind, uphill layups where. The bunkers on the right side of the layups are also deadly.

Both days for us, the flag was on the right, which left a very narrow entrance into the green, but a deeper green than it initially appeared. I saw the hole played really well, with an eagle possible, but I was not so lucky and left myself out of position pretty badly.

We played the Black tee here at 514 yards on the card.

Last edited:
Grip and rip with the driver. I feel like birdie is a definite possibility here but more likely a nice safe par.

Back