Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daluteh

Touring Purple - 2024 Bag Boy Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
The seventh hole is listed as one of the easier holes according to the club, a mid length par 3.

1712741198504.png

Give everyone some kind of iron from the middle tee's and let's see who can hold up 👆with an ace.

1712741407126.png

If you're going to miss the green, it looks like you want to miss short, and absolutely stay out of those bunkers.

1712741450944.png

Find yourself a flag you like and take some aim. For the first time it looks like we have a fairly traditional hole that most courses have something similar to.

1712741481644.png

What's your plan on this hole? How do you score?

MyStrategy says that from the middle tee's I have about 160 yards in.

1712741846858.png

That gives me a smooth 6i safely onto the green. This is going to be a hole where a lot of us can make a move if we're 150-170 pin. I want to see some 🐦 here.

Smooth 8i.

How you fair will be dependent on the tee box you are playing. When we played it I feel it was much longer than 160yds. Much of the green will be hidden from the tee box based on the nature of how the green is set up. Don’t be short as the ball will run back off the green. Easier hole but scores will be based on how long of a putt you have in this huge green.

Middle tees would be an 8i to make sure I get there, but I would expect a bogie. There is an ok chance that I hit the green or get up and down for a par but bogie would be ok; anything lower is a bonus.

I'd try smooth out a 7 iron at the left edge of the green playing a little fade to land softly and 2 putt for a par

How you fair will be dependent on the tee box you are playing. When we played it I feel it was much longer than 160yds. Much of the green will be hidden from the tee box based on the nature of how the green is set up. Don’t be short as the ball will run back off the green. Easier hole but scores will be based on how long of a putt you have in this huge green.
It says 180 something I just picked a random spot on the next up tee box and it was 161 but my mind made me fiddle with it until it showed 160. Not necessarily where we will be but it’ll be in the realm plus or minus a club length I assume.

It says 180 something I just picked a random spot on the next up tee box and it was 161 but my mind made me fiddle with it until it showed 160. Not necessarily where we will be but it’ll be in the realm plus or minus a club length I assume.
Nope makes sense. The three times we played it the yardage was 205, 185, 170ish. The wind played havoc for sure and I think I was hitting hybrid one day. The green will look narrow from the tee box but as you can see from renderings it is quite wide.

Looks simple, can be, but miss on the wrong side or leak one into the bunkers, you’re in for pain.

Nope makes sense. The three times we played it the yardage was 205, 185, 170ish. The wind played havoc for sure and I think I was hitting hybrid one day. The green will look narrow from the tee box but as you can see from renderings it is quite wide.
Yep, it’s a mind trip from the tee box.

Yep, it’s a mind trip from the tee box.
…and one would think that mind trip would diminish after the first time you play it. Just tough to commit to say I can take it deeper into the green.

185-200 yards when we played it. This is not a very fun hole and I would be fine not ever playing it again. If you miss the green, which I highly recommend you don't, miss 40 yards short in the fairway cut. The bunker on the right is like a 10 foot wall and what just looks like rough over there is high and junky. You may not even find your ball. Oh, and the stream is in play lol.

I yanked one to the left that I swore I'd find and never did.

…and one would think that mind trip would diminish after the first time you play it. Just tough to commit to say I can take it deeper into the green.
So many little things that draw attention away from that. My game plan over the round has simply become “for the love of god don’t b*tch fade it into the bunkers James”.

I don't remember it playing that short

185-200 yards when we played it. This is not a very fun hole and I would be fine not ever playing it again. If you miss the green, which I highly recommend you don't, miss 40 yards short in the fairway cut. The bunker on the right is like a 10 foot wall and what just looks like rough over there is high and junky. You may not even find your ball. Oh, and the stream is in play lol.

I yanked one to the left that I swore I'd find and never did.
American Horror Story Harry GIF by AHS

So many little things that draw attention away from that. My game plan over the round has simply become “for the love of god don’t b*tch fade it into the bunkers James”.
Let's use proper terminology please. It's called a Weiner Fade.

Bogey. Such a large green but I still favor the right rough/sand some how. Chip on and two putt for bogey.

This is a bear of a par 3. Long of the pin is definitely not the move because you will have a downhill chip/putt. I believe both days the pin was front but maybe one was middle. Definitely a aim for the middle of the green and try to two putt hole

Hit the green or else it seems.

That’s good to know. This place sure can mess with the eyes. I am sure seeing it in person is going to be very different.

I don't remember it playing that short
We don’t actually know what tees we are playing, mine is pure hypothetical speculation. If we are back in the 200 I’m in trouble, I know that.

Back