Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Par

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Bogey

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aim for the center and dont get greedy. That is pretty much my operating procedure for every par 3.

Either going to be a 7w or hybrid depending on where the tees are and pray.

This hole is all that stands in the way between me playing 6 and 8

This to me was a harder par three than the others due to the length. Green is pretty open, but a bit uphill. Pin on the right side lets you play something just to the left of it and let it feed in some (which is where it was for us on Day 1). We had a left side pin on Day 2 that looks like it was tucked over the bunkers...but getting up to the green there was more room between the bunkers and the green than it appeared. Hit the green with a hybrid on day 1, but not particularly close and three putted, then left what felt like a well struck hybrid short in the bunker on day 2 and failed that challenge.

Decently big green though, just bigger than it looked from the tee. Like most uphill shots, you have to fly this one up onto the green and not much chance of getting much uphill run if you leave it short.

We played the Black tee here at 188 yards on the card.

Last edited:
Most likely I looking at a 8 or 9 off the tee. Depends nding on hole location, I may go at it but likely play to center of green safely and take my par.

This to me was a harder par three than the others due to the length. Green is pretty open, but a bit uphill. Pin on the right side lets you play something just to the left of it and let it feed in some (which is where it was for us on Day 1). We had a left side pin on Day 2 that looks like it was tucked over the bunkers...but getting up to the green there was more room between the bunkers and the green than it appeared. Hit the green with a hybrid on day 1, but not particularly close and three putted, then left what felt like a well struck hybrid short in the bunker on day 2 and failed that challenge.

Decently big green though, just bigger than it looked from the tee. Like most uphill shots, you have to fly this one up onto the green and not much chance of getting much uphill run if you leave it short.
With it being longer, do you think it's a possible better to purposely do a layup here or risk going short and getting a roll back down? As long as you split the bunkers you should be fine'ish.

In my write ups I was thinking that depending on tee this one might not be that bad. You've got a good point though of needing to fly the bunkers.

With it being longer, do you think it's a possible better to purposely do a layup here or risk going short and getting a roll back down? As long as you split the bunkers you should be fine'ish.

In my write ups I was thinking that depending on tee this one might not be that bad. You've got a good point though of needing to fly the bunkers.

I think this all depends on hole location and how talented one might be. With a flag on the right say 2/3rds of the green, you really wouldn't have anything between tee and flag to contend with from a forced carry perspective. It was only with that far left side flag that you had to carry the left bunker. The slope just short of this green isn't as severe as like #1 or #5, so if you were short, it's not rolling back 20-30 yards, but it was just that kind of slope you are not going to get a good forward kick up onto the green from either.

Main thing I would do if I was playing again, and that left pin was up there, I would probably just try to play to the middle taking the short bunker out of play, even if I ended up short in the grass or on the green with a longer uphill putt. It was a bit longer shot as well (180-190 if memory serves from the Black tees), so I was hitting hybrids.

If one needed to, I think this is the one par three where laying up say 30-40 yards short of the green would at least be a possibility. The other three have nothing but trouble short.

Back