Bridgestone Enters The Morgan Cup

Well, I finally solidified my club selections and sent them into our tour rep. I was fitted for the PX 5.0 less than 6 months ago and have enjoyed them in my current set of irons so decided to stick with them. Everything else was fairly easy and this setup from a club/loft perspective will basically mirror what I am playing right now.

Driver:

J40 445 9.5* w/PX 5.0 graphite shaft

Winn Excel RF Oversize Grip

FW:

J40 3W w/PX 5.0 graphite shaft

Winn BSG Tour Velvet Grip

Hybrid:

J40 3H w/PX 5.0 graphite shaft

J40 4H w/PX 5.0 graphite shaft

Irons:

J40 Dual Pocket Cavity 5-PW w/PX 5.0 flighted steel shafts

(standard loft/length/lie)

Wedges:

J40 Satin Chrome w/DG spinner shafts

51 degree (bent from 52)
56 degree
61 degree (bent from 60)

Looks good, Cookie! That's a PX strong bag dude!

Looks good, Cookie! That's a PX strong bag dude!

I know, right! I really wanted to stick with the stock shaft offerings that they sell off the floor and not get too crazy. Makes it a little easier to get some folks to convert to Bridgestone at my home course. :D

I hear you and they are a top-end offering. Believe it or not, I've never hit a PX shaft.

Looks good Cookie. I still need a shaft fitting but I feel comfortable with club selection after getting a round in with the J40 line. Right now I am actually pondering carrying 2 PW's The DPC at standard 46* and the CB bent to 50*.

Looks good Cookie. I still need a shaft fitting but I feel comfortable with club selection after getting a round in with the J40 line. Right now I am actually pondering carrying 2 PW's The DPC at standard 46* and the CB bent to 50*.

Very interesting on the dual PW's. That is one thing I found strange was that the PW is 46 and next wedge after that is 52 off the shelf. 6 degrees is a big gap without getting adjusted.

I will be going 46 to 51 in my set and I am currently playing 47 to 52 so not much to adapt to except a slight yardage change that I need to document.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Very interesting on the dual PW's. That is one thing I found strange was that the PW is 46 and next wedge after that is 52 off the shelf. 6 degrees is a big gap without getting adjusted.

I will be going 46 to 51 in my set and I am currently playing 47 to 52 so not much to adapt to except a slight yardage change that I need to document.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I usually only take full shots with the 50* and will want the same shaft that is in my irons vs the DG spinners for that club. Going with the CB should provide a bit more forgiveness vs the 52* bent and the bounce works out to 9* which I like as well.

Nice looking bag Cookie! I just need to find a place to swing a PX graphite iron shaft and then my specs will be pretty much complete.

Cookie that bag choice looks sweet! I can't wait to see it when it comes in and it's all put if a staff bag. That will look amazing!

I submitted my specs, they are as follows:

Irons: J40 DPC’s Standard length, lie
Shafts: project x 6.0 flighted(stock)
Hybrids: 3 & 4 stiff PX 6.0
3 wood stiff PX 6.0
Driver: J40 445 stiff PX 6.0
Wedges: J40 Chrome w/ spinners 50*, 54*, 58*

I like it buddy! I would have gone w/ the Chrome wedges too.

I like it buddy! I would have gone w/ the Chrome wedges too.

yeah, for some reason I just want to go with what I am used to looking at.

3 wood stiff PX 6.0

Those look like the specs of a champion!

yeah, for some reason I just want to go with what I am used to looking at.

I don't blame you there at all. There is a lot to be said for having something you're comfortable with.

3 wood stiff PX 6.0

Looks great buddy! I agree with the chrome choice. I decided to do the same so that every club from 3 iron to sand wedge had the same color. One less thing to catch the eye I suppose.

Look at all the Bridgestone activity! You guys rule. Lots of PX action so far.

Sent from my forged iPad

Look at all the Bridgestone activity! You guys rule. Lots of PX action so far.

Sent from my forged iPad

I agonized over shafts so much, but, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I have really liked the PX shafts every time I have ever played them. Obviously Bridgestone likes them as well as they are the real deal and not a made for version. Gotta love that.

I agonized over shafts so much, but, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I have really liked the PX shafts every time I have ever played them. Obviously Bridgestone likes them as well as they are the real deal and not a made for version. Gotta love that.

It's suppose to be fun and not agonizing. You made wise choices.

Sent from my forged iPad

Nice One-T!! Very similar to me except for shaft flex.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Back