Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

I'm curious how most of you line up the ball on the tee and green. Is the green "dot" more on top of the ball, or more at the back of the ball? When I try to focus on the ball with the driver now, using any ball, I tend to look at a spot at the back of the ball. I am just not sure how I'd position the graphic were I to use this ball.

I'm curious how most of you line up the ball on the tee and green. Is the green "dot" more on top of the ball, or more at the back of the ball? When I try to focus on the ball with the driver now, using any ball, I tend to look at a spot at the back of the ball. I am just not sure how I'd position the graphic were I to use this ball.
I don’t use it on the green. On the tee I put the arrow on top of the ball which puts the green dot maybe at say 2:00? So not quite on top but not quite to the back. It slides around a little for me though as I’m not super precise with it.

I have been positioning the green dot more towards the back of the ball, not directly on top. It still remains fully visible with arrow pointing in my general intended flight start direction. Similar on green but I spend more time on the arrow direction being more precise. The arrow is closer to being directly on top compared to the green dot.

I haven’t been that precise each time, but generally try to put the middle of the whole visual straight up for both tee shots and putting. It sets up with the green dot maybe just slightly off center.

I have the green dot slightly titled back. That’s where I like to focus off the tee.

Like this most of the time.......

20240420_082943.jpg

Between baseball, soccer, and weather I wasn't able to get to the course last week. As I continue to work through swing changes, I have been spending a a great deal of time swinging a club in the house and working on engraining those feels. Last night I spent about an hour adding Mindset to that routine, mentally "playing" my home course. While my only swing goal was to feel my feels and see good "turf" interaction, my hope is to see the process become even more second-nature than it currently is. For this particular swing session, I had a Mindset ball (logo visible) in a place that I could clearly see it as I lined up for each swing. I started on the hole #1 tee box of my home course and, for repetition purposes, worked my way through the course. It's impossible to quantify, but I found it easier to stay within my swing without thinking through each position of the process. The more consistent I am with Mindset, the more consistent I seem to be putting a committed swing on the golf ball.

I'll be getting out again this afternoon, solo round this time, so there will definitely be less distractions than the last time out.

I was hitting some balls in my backyard this weekend using the Mindset balls. Still in love. My contact is much improved. I'm still able to focus really well on the green dot and it is helping immensely. Life has been hectic lately and I haven't been able to get a round in yet with them (still using them a lot on practice greens and my backyard), but I will for sure in May.

1713796045627.png

From my view I have the arrows on the top as a nice visual and then the circles kind of in the that 1-2 o'clock position.

💯 on the back of the ball for both

@Muchmore lookie here….
IMG_1799.jpeg

So, I did some testing today using the MindSet visual philosophy and just setting up to target (not looking at target at all over the ball), not focus on the ball and swing.

First, not following the MindSet philosophy was hard. I am sharing some dispersion data with you from the range.

Biggest takeaway here is this. The MindSet visual process has a MUCH bigger impact for me as the loft on the clubs gets lower. This is why I am scoring better. Not to mention when you look at the data I am much closer to my target line in general with the MindSet process.

No MindSet swings
SW
1713810555802.png
AW
1713810581419.png
PW
1713810604868.png
9i
1713810624313.png
8i
1713810646430.png
7i
1713810687290.png
6i
1713810703705.png

With MindSet Process:
SW
1713810752008.png
AW Caught one thin
1713810779803.png
PW
1713810809591.png
9i
1713810828364.png
8i (caught one fat, ouch)
1713810855148.png
7i

1713810887940.png

6i
1713810914854.png

Last edited:
What am I looking at 😃

It sent before it was supposed too. The top picture was for the MEVO+ at the driving range like you asked. Sorry go back and look at the post again.

looks like he's hitting the wrong direction

I knew there was something going on when I was hitting them. It sure did get loud in there and the balls didn't go to far. Some reason it posted to quickly. My bad. There is more data in there now. ;)

Mindset Tour B X worked very well for me on the par 3 course. 7/9 GIR 6 pars, 2 birdie and 1 bogey.

Made some clutch putts today.

This was a 33’ putt that died in the hole for birdie. Made another 15’ for birdie. All p po sr putts were tap in putts.
IMG_1800.jpeg

@Muchmore did that answer your question on some data? I’d prefer not show the numbers as the spin isn’t accurate with the MEVO+ without the stickers on them.

Any questions from the community on these?

@Muchmore did that answer your question on some data? I’d prefer not show the numbers as the spin isn’t accurate with the MEVO+ without the stickers on them.
I think so!! Thank you sir!

I align the ball on the green and tee with the green dot visible from above but more towards the back of the ball, with the arrow pointing at my target.

@Muchmore lookie here….
View attachment 9260024

So, I did some testing today using the MindSet visual philosophy and just setting up to target (not looking at target at all over the ball), not focus on the ball and swing.

First, not following the MindSet philosophy was hard. I am sharing some dispersion data with you from the range.

Biggest takeaway here is this. The MindSet visual process has a MUCH bigger impact for me as the loft on the clubs gets lower. This is why I am scoring better. Not to mention when you look at the data I am much closer to my target line in general with the MindSet process.

No MindSet swings
SW
View attachment 9260029
AW
View attachment 9260030
PW
View attachment 9260031
9i
View attachment 9260032
8i
View attachment 9260033
7i
View attachment 9260034
6i
View attachment 9260036

With MindSet Process:
SW
View attachment 9260038
AW Caught one thin
View attachment 9260039
PW
View attachment 9260040
9i
View attachment 9260041
8i (caught one fat, ouch)
View attachment 9260042
7i

View attachment 9260043

6i
View attachment 9260044
these are impressive

Any questions from the community on these?
We are both seeing gains with it. How critical long term do you think the logo will be for you?

Back