Briggs Ranch Golf Course

Briggs ranch hard at work protecting the greens from the coming cold.

That practice green is massive. Are they expecting ice down there? I live in Massachusetts and my course doesn’t cover the greens. I have heard mixed views on covering. It definitely helps them be ready sooner but some say there is no long term benefit to it.

That practice green is massive. Are they expecting ice down there? I live in Massachusetts and my course doesn’t cover the greens. I have heard mixed views on covering. It definitely helps them be ready sooner but some say there is no long term benefit to it.
Icy rain that thaws and refreezes.

Course next to my house basically lost all their greens a few years back after a hard freeze. They cover them now.

Course next to my house basically lost all their greens a few years back after a hard freeze. They cover them now.
Correct

Travis, who many of us met at Dormie Club, is now at Briggs. Great guy and purveyor of smoked ginger ale!

Travis is the man

Can’t wait to play here!

Looks like an extremely entertaining track.

Ice like that is really bad for greens. Snow isn’t but the freeze thaw cycle can be tough particularly for grass that isn’t native to areas that get freezes.

Pretty stoked to see this place in person. So many THPers have had nothing but good things to say about it

53 days 🔥 🐐 🏆

Golfers here in San Antonio know what a special place Briggs Ranch is. Unfortunately for us, we're always on the outside looking in because this course has always been Private, even before it was apart of the Dormie Network. THPers who are lucky enough to be selected for an event here are in for a special treat!

I'm surprised we haven't had Briggs Ranch hole break down yet from @Templet0n

I'm surprised we haven't had Briggs Ranch hole break down yet from @Templet0n
commercial real estate cre GIF by thebrokerlist

@JB when we were there for the Quest Cup last year the greens were maybe four or five months in from their renovation. I found them pretty firm. Did you think they changed much this year for the Goat Cup?

@JB when we were there for the Quest Cup last year the greens were maybe four or five months in from their renovation. I found them pretty firm. Did you think they changed much this year for the Goat Cup?
They are getting there. Still firm, but a bit more receptive. They were top dressed a few days ago but still rolled perfectly true. Not quite as fast as typically found there but still good speed. I enjoyed them

Good to hear they were just a touch more receptive for those hacks like me who don't throw little spinners up there. I loved the contouring of the complexes and the true roll of the ball, even if a few gave me fits with nuance in them.

with all these photos ....
In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I’m not the spinniest player but the greens would hold a good shot from the fairway with a bit of rollout, but anything from the rough would release pretty far. Short game spin would get a little grab and release, but I don’t think I saw many drop and stop out there this week beside some full wedges from some of the better players. Quite playable though.

Man after following the Goat Cup I cannot wait to play this course

Man after following the Goat Cup I cannot wait to play this course
Doesn't look like it's all that on paper, but when you get there.... It's really nice with a great layout, specifically the back 9. You'll love it.

Back