Broken shafts in new cobra irons

The hits just keep on coming.

Cobra says they will be shipping my local golf shop a new shaft for me, 2 to 3 weeks... and will refund the install cost once it's done - luckily I still have my old irons kicking around.

I bought a set of Cobra F7 irons a few years ago. After buying them, I began reading reviews about the shafts snapping off at the heads, but being a sweeper of the ball, I didn't think it would be a problem for me, I was wrong. I recently had a shaft snap at the head, and while doing the shaft replacement, I noticed that when Cobra prepared the shaft for assembly, they ground way too much metal off the tip.
I'm now considering selling the set before another shaft breaks, or reshafting the whole set.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had Cobra f9 one lengths made for me 2 years ago. I play about 100 rounds a year and I am not a divot shot taker. My 7 iron snapped a 1/4 inch inside the hosel 2 weeks ago. 8 iron did the same today. Because of the shot lengths on the course I play mostly, these clubs are barely used.

So far 2 x 4 irons, 6,7,8 all broken at the hosel. Cobra didn't and don't want anything to do with repair, first breakage was after 13 months including non play through covid. Rbs stiff shafts so should be OK. Absolute shower in terms of customer service, clearly anissue. Wish I'd not given my goodold non breaking burners away.

So far 2 x 4 irons, 6,7,8 all broken at the hosel. Cobra didn't and don't want anything to do with repair, first breakage was after 13 months including non play through covid. Rbs stiff shafts so should be OK. Absolute shower in terms of customer service, clearly anissue. Wish I'd not given my goodold non breaking burners away.

what model cobra irons are they?

F9s were released almost four years ago. I can’t see them being warrantied out. I’ve had nothing but great success with the cobra customer service.

Couple posters here and their first post is in this thread....:(

More than a couple.....:unsure:
It is pretty high ranked in google for people that have had this issue. It was a known issue with KBS and as far as I know both Cobra and KBS covered every single claim with in the warranty period.

I had an issue with warping with KBS Tour stiff shafts a few years back. They replaced the shafts... well they sent me 3 shafts, no label on them, raw and uncut. I'm not sure what they are but they didn't feel the same diameter. Cobra however was excellent the one instance I had to use their CS. For some reason I only had 2 weights in a King Tec hybrid.

Yes but don't forget lack of playing via covid. But also 5 x iron shafts broken. I've played golf for 30 odd years varios manufacturers of clubs no issues like this. Is 13 month realistic warranty to argue about when one wouldn't expect to change clubs simply because they keep breaking it should be a choice of favour not as shafts break regularly.

Yes but don't forget lack of playing via covid. But also 5 x iron shafts broken. I've played golf for 30 odd years varios manufacturers of clubs no issues like this. Is 13 month realistic warranty to argue about when one wouldn't expect to change clubs simply because they keep breaking it should be a choice of favour not as shafts break regularly.
I mean the clubs were released 4+ years ago- how long is reasonable to expect the club manufacturer to cover said clubs? I don’t disagree that the expectation would be that the manufacturer honors warranty, but there has to be an end to which they would do so right? At some point they can’t guarantee quality right?

I mean the clubs were released 4+ years ago- how long is reasonable to expect the club manufacturer to cover said clubs? I don’t disagree that the expectation would be that the manufacturer honors warranty, but there has to be an end to which they would do so right? At some point they can’t guarantee quality right?

Not really. Take into account covid restrictions and there only 2 years old. This isn't unreasonable to state there not fit for purpose. How many clubs do you have in the garage 10 plus years shaftsnot breaking still can be used. Got a big Bertha gazillions years old I take it to driving range for a giggle,guess what doesn't break.

Not really. Take into account covid restrictions and there only 2 years old. This isn't unreasonable to state there not fit for purpose. How many clubs do you have in the garage 10 plus years shaftsnot breaking still can be used. Got a big Bertha gazillions years old I take it to driving range for a giggle,guess what doesn't break.
I thought we saw more people flocking to golf during Covid, meaning clubs used more.

So if you’re GBB snaps are you expecting Callaway to replace? Again there’s got to be a point in time where the consumer can’t expect a warranty to exist- what was the stated warranty when you purchased the clubs? 1 year?

My biggest takeaway from this is avoid KBS shafts like they have the herps.

My biggest takeaway from this is avoid KBS shafts like they have the herps.
Ive got kbs shafts in 2 sets of cobra irons and have no problems 300+ rounds on both

Just have har 2 defect irons in My New king Tours. Tour lite shaft. When i shake the Club you can hear something is lose. But doesnt seem to Come from shaft. Bloody irritating. Should i return the whole set?

Just have har 2 defect irons in My New king Tours. Tour lite shaft. When i shake the Club you can hear something is lose. But doesnt seem to Come from shaft. Bloody irritating. Should i return the whole set?
I’d give them a call. Cobra is really good on the customer service end.

Loose epoxy probably from the install. Not detrimental but annoying for sure.

Loose epoxy probably from the install. Not detrimental but annoying for sure.
Ok thanks. It wasnt lose from the beginning though. But maybe like u say broke off. Cobra already replaced 1 Club

Back