Build Your 2024 Cobra Bag

So yesterday got a bit hairy with a tornado warning in the area, right about the same time I had posted a recent bag build and I deleted the post because I thought I'd messed up and didn't have time to fix it. Once the weather threat had passed, I enjoyed talking through some things with @jdtox and the rest of the current Team Paradise squad and hearing their experienced thoughts. While I am loving the process of deciding on clubs, there is a level of ignorance present as I've never had the opportunity to piece together a full bag of clubs before. So many aspects to consider that I failed to see. Enlightening and fun! While there is always a chance I look back at this build and laugh at it, too, I believe I'm getting closer:

D - Darkspeed Tour Length LS Driver (9*) w/Project X HZRDUS Black 60 R
FW - Darkspeed 3W (15*)
Darkspeed 5W (18*)
H - King Tec 4H (21*) w/KBS TGI 75
King Tec 5H (24*) w/KBS TGI 75
I - King Tour 6-PW w/KBS TGI 75
W - Snakebite Raw Versatile (50/54/58)
P - Agera RS 3D (35")

Dunnna nunnna nunna nunna
Dunna nunna nunnua nunna

BATMAN!!

View attachment 9243598

Driver: Darkspeed Max (maybe X I'm really back and forth at the moment somedays I hit one better than the other) --- LINQ Blue
3w: Darkspeed X - LINQ Blue
Hybrid: Darkspeed 3/4 -- MMT 80
Irons: Forged TEC black 5-PW -- KBS Tour 90
Wedges: Snakebite dark
Putter: To be determined this Friday!!

Ohhhhh.... interesting.
Back to the drawing board. 🤔

Let's go DARKSPEED irons they are incredible looking. Best iron finish in golf.

Update I decided to change up from the max and go with the X. My swing speed and path has improved and I’m liking the X more and more.

As for putter it’s fully 100% Grandsport 35.

I had some time today to think about options. We have no clue as to what shafts will be available etc. But it's still fun as heck to do it.

Have a -0.5" LinQ Red 7F4 shaft coming for a driver option already, so the Blue would be to see how it works in Tour Length. Also have a 2023 King Tec 4h already to spur on the Darkspeeds.

Bag 1 "Headcover galore":
I don't know if it would even gap properly at the top, or if I could game the LS, but would be a fun one. Raws are Versatile-grind.
IMG-20240327-WA0008.jpg

Bag 2 "Go OL or go home":
Making life simple by going OL and SBX. Normal DS 4h just for some pesky par-3's. Also high launching FW's ftw.
IMG-20240327-WA0009.jpg

Bag 3 "The closest to actually being the one":
Would be a fun one and I feel it would work well for my game.
IMG-20240327-WA0010.jpg

I had some time today to think about options. We have no clue as to what shafts will be available etc. But it's still fun as heck to do it.

Have a -0.5" LinQ Red 7F4 shaft coming for a driver option already, so the Blue would be to see how it works in Tour Length. Also have a 2023 King Tec 4h already to spur on the Darkspeeds.

I don't know if it would even gap properly at the top, or if I could game the LS, but would be a fun one. Raws are Versatile-grind.
View attachment 9251994

Making life simple by going OL and SBX. Normal DS 4h just for some pesky par-3's. Also high launching FW's ftw.
View attachment 9251995

View attachment 9251996
Based on some past Cobra 6h and internet golfer combo sets, I’d expect the DS 6h and DS 6i to go about the same distance, and the Tour 7-6h gap to be a little big. Might want to run those past Yags if you go that direction

Hmmm honestly, I liked most of my decisions from my 22 bag. Here’s my initial thoughts:

Driver: DS X - Linq blue or white, would need to test them out. max was too spinny for me when I got fit, and I’d initially assume DS max would be as well. Also I like the stock shaft options better lol

FW: DS max - Linq blue or white. I liked the forgiveness of the ltd max as well as a club that was easier to try to draw

Hybrid: King Tec 3 - MMT. The king tecs were my favorite club in the bag last time. They became my fairway finder off the tee and helped me through singles day

Hybrid: DS 4 - MMT. Having two king tecs in the bag was fun and I have no regrets, however I’ve heard great things about the DS hybrid and love variety lol

Irons: DS 5-GW - DG105. I still like my forged tec x and also don’t have regrets, but the DS irons look great and seem like a great in-between from the ltdx irons and forged tec x. DG105 as I have been fit in them in the last. I didn’t love the set gap wedge last time so I’d consider going snakebite x instead if I also didn’t get along with the gw.

Wedges: 54 degree snake bite x and 58 degree raw snakebite with dynamic gold 105. I feel like 54 and 58 may gap a bit better than the 52 and 56 I had last time.

Putter: grandsport 35. I really liked the supernova, but I think I’d prefer more of a blade shape. My other putter in my rotation is a ping 2021 Kushin and I’d like to try a 3D printed blade. I’d also consider the Agera rs 30. I thought the old agera was a bit too big for my liking and think the RS maybe be a bit more speed

View attachment 9251994

View attachment 9251995

View attachment 9251996
I love the thought that goes into this! Number 2! Kick it off wit OL right out of the gate!

Based on some past Cobra 6h and internet golfer combo sets, I’d expect the DS 6h and DS 6i to go about the same distance, and the Tour 7-6h gap to be a little big. Might want to run those past Yags if you go that direction
Gapping is something I'm pondering quite a lot at the top end. Moving from irons to hybrid(s) and also jybrid to fairway(s). At this point, it's fun to try to figure out, but will definitely consult when the time comes.

You're probbaly right about the DS i to h gap. Might go King Tour 6-GW in that case. Or drop the DS 6h for a 5h.

I kinda want to get a frankenbag to test out all the models. That might not be the wisest choice, but still 😂

I love the thought that goes into this! Number 2! Kick it off wit OL right out of the gate!
I've been pondering OL for the past three years 😂 Kind of also depends on the choice between going DS or King Tour.

Alright after the last demo day and talking about goals and ease of use here is the latest configuration:

Darkspeed X 9* w/ LinQ Red 5F3
DS X 3W w/ LinQ Red 5F3
DS X 5W w/ LinQ Red 5F3
DS X 7W w/ LinQ Red 5F3
DS 5 Hybrid with KBS PGI 75 R flex
DS 6 Hybrid with KBS PGI 75 R flex
DS 7-GW with KBS PGI 75 R flex (1* Flat)
Snakebite X 54* (1* strong, 1 * flat) with stock KBS max shaft
Snakebite X 58* (1* flat) with stock KBS max Shaft
Vintage CUDA 34"

All grips Cobra REL 360 Midsize Black.

And of course cause we are only two weeks til signups, this is all subject to change.

oh...idk how I missed this..I love doing these
Driver - Darkspeed LS 9.0 - Px Gen 4 Black xstiff
3 & 5 wood Darkspeed LS - xstiff
Irons - 4-PW King CB X100 xstiff
Wedges - Snakebite Raw 52,54,58 X100 xstiff
Putter - Agera

As we approach signups in just 10 days... I have been thinking about this quite a bit, especially what I'm going to do at the top of the bag and what irons will be in the bag this year.

As we approach signups in just 10 days... I have been thinking about this quite a bit, especially what I'm going to do at the top of the bag and what irons will be in the bag this year.
Every single time I think about top of the bag I wonder if it's weird to want 2-3 hybrids and start at a mid iron? (whether or not that's actually possible - doing the individual irons).

If I hit hybrids better than long irons, that's the thing to go with. I've never thought about any big loss of not having a 4i or 5i in my set up but having a 4h/5h.

I very much enjoy the thinking through every possible option, but am loving the feeling of seeing spots begin to come into focus a bit.

Every single time I think about top of the bag I wonder if it's weird to want 2-3 hybrids and start at a mid iron? (whether or not that's actually possible - doing the individual irons).

If I hit hybrids better than long irons, that's the thing to go with. I've never thought about any big loss of not having a 4i or 5i in my set up but having a 4h/5h.
What is great about the hybrid setup is that you can replace long irons or fairways. Flexible in either direction.
Speaking for myself, I went from driver straight to hybrids in my bag last year.

So yesterday got a bit hairy with a tornado warning in the area, right about the same time I had posted a recent bag build and I deleted the post because I thought I'd messed up and didn't have time to fix it. Once the weather threat had passed, I enjoyed talking through some things with @jdtox and the rest of the current Team Paradise squad and hearing their experienced thoughts. While I am loving the process of deciding on clubs, there is a level of ignorance present as I've never had the opportunity to piece together a full bag of clubs before. So many aspects to consider that I failed to see. Enlightening and fun! While there is always a chance I look back at this build and laugh at it, too, I believe I'm getting closer:

D - Darkspeed Tour Length LS Driver (9*) w/Project X HZRDUS Black 60 R
FW - Darkspeed 3W (15*)
Darkspeed 5W (18*)
H - King Tec 4H (21*) w/KBS TGI 75
King Tec 5H (24*) w/KBS TGI 75
I - King Tour 6-PW w/KBS TGI 75
W - Snakebite Raw Versatile (50/54/58)
P - Agera RS 3D (35")
Tour Length LS is a really intriguing option.

which way are you leaning for irons this year?

What is great about the hybrid setup is that you can replace long irons or fairways. Flexible in either direction.
Speaking for myself, I went from driver straight to hybrids in my bag last year.
Yeah, that's a good one too, that it works both ways. Always need to think what is the use for each club.

Tour Length LS is a really intriguing option.
I've been working through a pretty major swing change since the beginning of the year and have seen it taking hold over the last week. My awful swing was seeing huge spin numbers from just about any driver head I tried, so I'm curious to see how this affects my LS vs X numbers. I will stay with tour length either way, but may wind up back in the X.

which way are you leaning for irons this year?
I honestly am not sure. The King Tours are soooo good. I'd be lying if @echico success with CB isn't tempting but @Jman says they don't feel amazing and I love the King Tour feel.

I honestly am not sure. The King Tours are soooo good. I'd be lying if @echico success with CB isn't tempting but @Jman says they don't feel amazing and I love the King Tour feel.
I was a sad. They don’t feel bad, but my T100 and Apex CB’s feel much softer imo.

I was a sad. They don’t feel bad, but my T100 and Apex CB’s feel much softer imo.
For science I might just have to give them a look

I vote for darkspeed moon balls!
No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

I was dead set on getting the King Tours. After the fitting the CB's performed better for me. The guy even tried to get me to get some MB's as a combo set. I am more shocked than anyone. :ROFLMAO: That being said I have a little regret in not getting the 4 and 5 in the King Tour. The 4 CB is out of the bag for my Copper Forged Tec 4i and the 5i is fine but I think could be a little better weapon for me.

I think that leads into another question for the hopefuls. If you are putting in for this have you tried the current lineup or are you only interested if you get picked?

I remember in 2021 I had signed up and had a fitting already scheduled (Not just Cobra). When I got picked I was able to figure out my bag within a couple of days. I haven't tried everything from this years line yet but I have tried a lot of Cobra since my Morgan Cup experience. I am pretty sure I could hand in a bag order within an hour of finding out if I am lucky enough to make the team. And by team I mean the winning Team Paradise.

Back