Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder

A few months back I left the Pro XE stuck to the cart bar and didn't notice until arriving at the next course the following day. Called back right away and someone had turned it in.
I was extremely relieved, because I love this thing enough that I would have just gone out and bought another one right away had it been lost.

I only did it for the barometer, etc. when traveling.

My Tour X still is working well 4.5 yrs later. It'll be my insurance policy or go to my older son. He has an 11 yr old Leupold - the first one they made.

A few months back I left the Pro XE stuck to the cart bar and didn't notice until arriving at the next course the following day. Called back right away and someone had turned it in.
I was extremely relieved, because I love this thing enough that I would have just gone out and bought another one right away had it been lost.
I did this with this exact model, except I wasn't that lucky... From then on I put my car keys where my range finder is stored in my bag, so I wont go far if I happen to forget it.

That's what I fear with the magnets. Putting it on the bar where it doesn't stick out at you.

That's why, when I'm riding, it either goes in the middle of the two seats, front tray area or in the back basket. Back basket seems easiest and most secure.

That's what I fear with the magnets. Putting it on the bar where it doesn't stick out at you.

That's why, when I'm riding, it either goes in the middle of the two seats, front tray area or in the back basket. Back basket seems easiest and most secure.
The other issue is that this range finder is black and it kind of blends in with the cart bar, I have never forgotten the white ones. Now obviously that's more of a me and my memory problem ...lol

Genuinely its the only magnet I have struggled with. ALl of the other brands have stuck really well.

Genuinely its the only magnet I have struggled with. ALl of the other brands have stuck really well.
Mine has fallen off once. But thats enough to make you stop using the magnet for awhile.

Mine has fallen off once. But thats enough to make you stop using the magnet for awhile.
Yeah, that is rough. Mine bounced on a bridge and landed safely. Gave it away and using a different rangefinder right now. No issues since.

Yeah, that is rough. Mine bounced on a bridge and landed safely. Gave it away and using a different rangefinder right now. No issues since.

So, JB, what is your RF of choice?

The temperature and barometric pressure had me go with XE for my son when it comes in - probably in a month or so. The price was too good to pass up for HS golf team.

I looked at the Nikon Stablilizer with 5 yr warranty. The Precision Pro was suspect as to quality issues ... and the magnet was not a dealbreaker for me since I did not plan to use it.;) And my Tour X is still going strong almost 5 yrs into its use - so if Bushnells have an issue, it's probably within the 2 yr warranty period.

So, JB, what is your RF of choice?

The temperature and barometric pressure had me go with XE for my son when it comes in - probably in a month or so. The price was too good to pass up for HS golf team.

I looked at the Nikon Stablilizer. The Precision Pro was suspect as to quality issues ... and the magnet was not a dealbreaker for me since I did not plan to use it.;)

Right now I am using the Voice Caddie SL1 and absolutely love it.
Before that it was the Precision Pro NX9, which I think has the best magnet.
Before that I used a Leupold GX4i3 which I really liked, but didnt love the viewfinder as much.

Right now I am using the Voice Caddie SL1 and absolutely love it.
Before that it was the Precision Pro NX9, which I think has the best magnet.
Before that I used a Leupold GX4i3 which I really liked, but didnt love the viewfinder as much.

Thx. I had looked at the VC previously, but had not heard too much about it. They had a great sale during Black Friday - that would have been one on my radar.

This is one thing that I would eventually love to add to my bag. I never feel that I'm accurate enough to worry about "exacts" at this point, but someday....

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
If you don’t want to drop the cash for the Bushnell name, there’s many other units on the market that are just as good. Callaway makes a great little unit called the Callaway 300 pro rangefinder that has slope, and the ability to turn slope off. In my opinion it’s better than the Bushnell because it is rubberized on the entire exterior, and locks onto the pin way better than my buddies Bushnell. Best part is it only runs about $199.

I did that 4 times last year with my Pro XE. Terrifying experience when you don't realize it until the next day. Once I remembered as I was pulling out of the parking lot. Twice I had to call my club and the attendants turned it in. Once when I was on a trip to WI. Didn't realize it until the next day at a completely different course. I called immediately and they didn't have it. They sent someone to the cart barn and they found it stuck to the cart yet. Apparently they didn't notice it the night before when they cleaned it either. The drive to that course on my way back home added about another hour to my return trip. Apparently I cannot be trusted to use the magnet so I put it in a cup holder now. lol

Guys - don't use the magnetic thingie ... lol. The XE with temp and barometer, as well as the jolt and ring and slope, is good.

I'd go for all those other hybrideee things in other RFs but I don't want it to get complicated. Simple.

I bought this for my Pro XE after I left mine on the cart bar. Fortunately I remembered it at the last minute and recovered it. $12 on EBay. Great fit and it stands out on the cart bar. They also have a red one.

Attachments

• 27B6A6B4-25CD-45BF-ABB8-55A4090E2A57.jpeg
    27B6A6B4-25CD-45BF-ABB8-55A4090E2A57.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 4
  • E0D91C57-3C26-48D8-84FC-B11F4370DD7C.jpeg
    E0D91C57-3C26-48D8-84FC-B11F4370DD7C.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 4918BD17-EF5D-412A-AB20-C9B64F12EE4E.png
    4918BD17-EF5D-412A-AB20-C9B64F12EE4E.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 3
I've had the Pro XE for about a year. Never had a problem with the magnet, works great for me. The only issue is sometimes I have to shoot the pin a couple of time to lock on. If you shoot an object in the distance and then move the laser to the pin it locks with the Jolt.

I bought this for my Pro XE after I left mine on the cart bar. Fortunately I remembered it at the last minute and recovered it. $12 on EBay. Great fit and it stands out on the cart bar. They also have a red one.

Do they have any pink ones 😂

But for real

I've had the Pro XE for about a year. Never had a problem with the magnet, works great for me. The only issue is sometimes I have to shoot the pin a couple of time to lock on. If you shoot an object in the distance and then move the laser to the pin it locks with the Jolt.
I have the same thing. I’m assuming it’s by design as I’ve heard that from a few people. My old V3 would lock on the pin without any issues.

I have the same thing. I’m assuming it’s by design as I’ve heard that from a few people. My old V3 would lock on the pin without any issues.

I had the same issue with my v3

man I think I’m going to jump on this

I had the same issue with my v3

man I think I’m going to jump on this

Amazon - looks the same and they have it in glorious red, too.

on Prime - for 13.90

For you guys who have the ProXE and have occasional issues getting it to lock on vs the way your old V3 worked it's because they lock on differently. With the ProXE you need to swipe the recticle across the target (the pin) and it locks onto the closest object in the sight picture. It works extremely well and is very fast. With the V3 you aim it right at the flag and click...that's the difference between the two units. Swipe the target with the ProXE, aim right at the target with the V3...they both lock on very quickly using the correct technique for each unit.

Back