Buyer’s remorse....

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
Tell me about a purchase or episode where you experienced buyer’s remorse concerning some sort of golf purchase. It can be anything from equipment to a trip to an expensive round somewhere. And... it may have crept in before you even used it.

I played in a tourney a while back and won $599 in Taylormade gift cards. Purchased the Jetspeed 3W & 3H as they were the newest offering at the time. After 4/5 rounds they were off to my cousin. Could've just been me, but it's probably the only time I've purchased something and regretted it almost immediately. While I didn't actually lose any money out of my pocket, I could've made better use of the $599.

Honestly… buying a Scotty Cameron putter. They’re great quality but they’re not magic. There’s lots and lots of other great putters out there too… I don’t know what I expected when I bought a Scotty but it’s just a putter after all 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Probably any and all 3 woods I have ever bought.

SLDR Mini. Lasted one range session. I just did not like it at all.

Any TM Clubs for the last 10 yrs.
Original Rogue Clubs - driver, fwy, woods, hybrid
Bunch of others ... but it's rare when one is completely satisfied.

Closest I've come to very happy is Ping G400, G400 Max with TPT Shafts, Mizuno Irons, Mizuno T22 wedges, Artisan Wedges and Putters

Every once in awhile I’ll purchase something that I think will be good for my game but just doesn’t work for me. After the last time that happened years ago, I promised myself to get fit before major purchases!

Not really a purchase but I won a TM SLDR at a tournament, and wound up gifting away my R1. I regretted it immediately 🤣

I have bought 3 utility irons in the 21* range. I haven’t been able to hit any of them. Now I carry a hybrid all the way to 26* and love it.

I wouldn’t say that I had buyers remorse, since every purchase has taught me something… but the closest would be a TaylorMade M1 hybrid. I could not hit that thing.

SLDR Mini. Lasted one range session. I just did not like it at all.

I had an SLDR Mini-Driver and dumped it when I realized I could barely hit it farther than my 4H, with significantly worse mishits.

I am a total sucker for mini drivers and am glad that Taylormade keeps that torch burning. But the SLDR wasn't it.

Anything I have purchased off eBay! Lol.

Moral of the story get fit!

A couple of face balanced mallets.

Almost everything. I read reviews and research to death. So invariably when a club isn’t magically perfect I remember that one person said what I’m experiencing in a review once somewhere and convince myself “I should have known.”

Honestly… buying a Scotty Cameron putter. They’re great quality but they’re not magic. There’s lots and lots of other great putters out there too… I don’t know what I expected when I bought a Scotty but it’s just a putter after all 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Oh I agree with brand names. I have a Scotty and love it but it took some time for me to love it. It’s all about confidence. It’s my favorite weapon in the bag now and I’m confident with the thing. Doesn’t matter what brand you’re playing. All about whether or not your confident with it standing over the ball.

I have it for balls all the time. I’ll pull the trigger on a dozen on Amazon days before a round of golf and by the 3rd hole I am giving them away and regretting buying them. I’m sticking with my Pro V1s or my Bridgestone Tour B RXs. Clubs wise I am not afraid to return them for something else or a store credit. I won’t buy anything without a 30/90 day buyback/return policy.

It was a solid waste of $2k for me....not that I didn't recoup the investment....but $2k and I putted worst😃

Back