CaddyDaddy Claw Max Glove Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
How much thought do you put into your golf glove? If you are like most golfers I know, the answer is minimal. Gloves tend to get chosen by brand, price, and materials, which is okay, but what if there was a glove out there that could offer more performance while maintaining a comfortable fit? We’ve heard about CaddyDaddy’s Claw golf gloves for a few years, and today we are looking at the Claw Max to see if this glove is worth switching to.

Continue reading...

Is it wrong that I want to burn through the already fantastic gloves that I'm using just to get a claw?

• Staff
Is it wrong that I want to burn through the already fantastic gloves that I'm using just to get a claw?

I mean there’s no real prerequisites to buying a Claw Max glove. But hey, you do you haha

Claw Max is my go to... when it gets dirty, poof quick wash and I have a another white magic glove

• Staff
Claw Max is my go to... when it gets dirty, poof quick wash and I have a another white magic glove
How many times do you think you’ve run it through the wash?

Nice writeup. really like the sizing options. If my current Claw glove ever wears out….

Great writeup for a great glove, but I would advise to buy one size up if your fingers are long like mine. The tightness was not a problem for me, length was. I could not open my hand all the way (my fingers were bottoming out), so my normal glove size of large, is now an X-large with the Max and it fits perfect. YMMV

Nice writeup. really like the sizing options. If my current Claw glove ever wears out….
I actually switched from current Claw to this one. I think I like the fit a bit better. So far so good.

I actually switched from current Claw to this one. I think I like the fit a bit better. So far so good.
How is the ‘wrist flap’ on this one compare to the old one? The old one seemed to be a touch long and stiffer which would mess with my watch from time to time.

fit is better than claw pro... color is better as well

I mean there’s no real prerequisites to buying a Claw Max glove. But hey, you do you haha
Touche.

I have enough to last me the rest of this season, next year I'll be getting one. Better put that on the list.

Interesting looking glove. Great article ddec

I love that Caddy Daddy continues to refine their already-great products. I've used every model in the Claw line, all of them offer the same excellent durability and great grip from the palm material. The synthetic suede doesn't dry out and crack like real leather, so you don't end up with a "crispy" glove after a few hot, sweaty rounds. Every Claw glove I've played has lasted me over 60-70 rounds plus range sessions, so for many golfers one glove will last you an entire season, maybe more.

Love my Claw. It's in "backup mode" right now but I am not letting it go. If/when it wears out, it's getting replaced with another. I wholeheartedly agree on the tackiness of the palm/fingers leading to a more relaxed grip.

This is actually my favorite glove in the line up. I rotate with the claw pro but find my self wearing this one the most. The fit is perfect.

Great write-up. I've played the OG Claw since they came out. My current one is about to need replaced after 2 years, and I like what I've seen and heard on the Max. I saw 3 gloves in the article and thought they hooked you up for the next decade ;), not knowing they are all different sizes.

I went back to a traditional leather glove because I left my Claw in a pair of shorts by accident. I didn't enjoy the round, since I was used to the Claw silicone grips if felt like I didn't have the same control. This product really does stand out, and glad they continue to evolve!

I'm going to give one a try. Been trying new gloves lately to improve grip and help with trigger fingers in left hand. This one sounds tacky enough to help with that. Haven't been impressed with the lifespan of the Bionic gloves I've been using lately.

I had the Max glove prior to the redesign and had issues with the material on the thumb and backside. @Rod Dunlap kindly offered to replace it with the new version and with a few rounds in now, I'm impressed. It's a much better material and the glove fits like...um, a glove. :LOL:

I don't play a ton of rounds so I'm certain that this one will last well into next year.

Nice write up! I've been kind of bouncing around between gloves so I really need to give these a try. Sounds like a winning combo of breathability, durability, grip and comfort/fit.

I got the Claw Pro glove because I wanted a Gray glove. I've used the glove for about a month and 1/2 now and played at least 5 rounds and it looks brand new. Yes they are a couple bucks more than most synthetic gloves but it's far more comfortable and from what I can forecast right now, far more durable which means it will hold up longer and I will end up spending less in the long run. I don't see myself switching brands anytime soon.

I’ve got two Claw gloves and they are both my go to’s during the summer. They’re about the only glove I have that doesn’t turn blue after 20 minutes!

I use the regular Claw glove, but I bought one of these because I liked the looks.
It’s only been for or five rounds, but it still looks brand new. I’ve washed it in the washing machine with zero issues.
Thoughts: the material is much thicker feeling almost like an old school golf glove. It feels for lack of a better word “fancy”.
- it runs a little tighter, but after a few rounds it seems like it is bigger almost like real leather. But still, make sure to go a size up from your normal glove.
- I love the back panel. Really seems to help with the cooling and a bit of stretch. And it looks really freaking cool.
- as far as the grip @ddec did a way better job than I ever could describing it. Nice job!!!
- durability TBD. The original was almost indestructible. I’ll report back to see how this compares.

Fantastic glove. I was a Pro user but have been converted because of the fit and color.

I, too, bought size M/L and thought it was just a little too tight so I ordered a L as well. I think the the M/L one actually loosened a tad over time, but regardless I use it for the range and it's nice to have a back up glove incase I forget to air out one after a hot day.

Back