martybauer31

Reaction score
Handicap
Can someone tell me why I would need this thing? I mean, I love technology, just don't get why I need triangulation with a range finder? Some one described it would be helpful on cart path only days so you can hit the ball and then the target from your golf cart.... why can't I just walk out to the ball with my range finder and a club or two vs. spending $350 on this?

Is it just the geek tech factor? It's cool if it is, just curious about it and wanted to see what others thought about it.

I could see this maybe being useful if you played in an area with lots of rain and CPO. I would maybe make it easier to make sure you bring the right club or 2. We don't get that much so I'm probably not the target market.

I think it is pretty cool that they can measure the angle between the two distances you shoot using a gyroscope. Taking technology you'd see in a total station and getting it to work in a handheld package like this is pretty neat.

you are blocked out by elevation or trees or something so you walk until you see the flag and do the whole triangulation thing.

If I was in the market I would consider it. Especially if I was someone that rode in a cart predominantly.

In an effort to play faster, while waiting on a playing partner to hit their shot, I will laser my ball then laser the pin, do some math, and be ready to go when I get to my ball. I think it's pretty cool tech.

In an effort to play faster, while waiting on a playing partner to hit their shot, I will laser my ball then laser the pin, do some math, and be ready to go when I get to my ball. I think it's pretty cool tech.
I often do the same thing for my playing partners to speed things up, I can see where this would be very useful for that.

I have one on order and am realizing the number of times I would use it. There were several tee boxes that were a walk away from the cart, like over a bridge. I could have shot the tee box marker, shot the flag, and known the distance without have to carry multiple clubs or walking to the tee box and then back to get a club. Looking forward to using it.

If you play a course that is CPO often then this makes a lot of sense.
This feature will be in more devices within a few years.

@skywaterbanjo I can't wait to hear your thoughts on how it works in real life.

If you play a course that is CPO often then this makes a lot of sense.
This feature will be in more devices within a few years.

@skywaterbanjo I can't wait to hear your thoughts on how it works in real life.
The CPO is a great point, that would help a ton before grabbing clubs and walking to the other side of the fairway!

I played my first round with the Cube yesterday. Here are some of my first round observations:

- I would highly recommend getting one of the silicone cases. The Cube is small and somewhat slippery. I just ordered the case and I'll let you know how it works. I wish they had a better color selection.

- The focus ring is too easy to disturb/turn. I'm having to refocus too often

- I learned late in the round that, to use the triangulation feature, you don't press and hold the button like you do on may rangefinders. You press and release it when you shoot the ball and then press and release when you shoot the flag. The feature works great. I verified the distance a couple of times with my playing partners.

- I would occasionally get some very random distances when shooting the flag. Flag was 140 yds out (based on gps watch) and Cube would read 65. Reshot the flag and would come up with the correct distance. Have to apply common sense when using it.

Otherwise, I really like this thing. I love the size and the display. As I use it more, I'm sure I'll get more competent with it.

Back