Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

Temper your expectations. I'm not the long iron player I used to be last time we played. That was a long time ago.
Are you trying to say we are old?

Are you trying to say we are old?
Never. I'm saying my game is a mess right now, and my iron game hasn't been the same since the last time I had a combo set of Apexes in the bag. I'm due for a rebound.

Never. I'm saying my game is a mess right now, and my iron game hasn't been the same since the last time I had a combo set of Apexes in the bag. I'm due for a rebound.
I have not hit the Pros in the long irons so can't comment there, but they have gotten a lot of praise in here.

I think you will really like the CBs in the lower irons. They are great getting through the turf and have a wonderful shape without being intimidating.

I have not hit the Pros in the long irons so can't comment there, but they have gotten a lot of praise in here.

I think you will really like the CBs in the lower irons. They are great getting through the turf and have a wonderful shape without being intimidating.
Unfortunately for me, I have always much preferred the visual of a very thin topline.

Unfortunately for me, I have always much preferred the visual of a very thin topline.
Do you think the topline of the pros are too wide? I was speaking to the CBs have a little longer blade length.

Do you think the topline of the pros are too wide? I was speaking to the CBs have a little longer blade length.
No, I think the Pros are fine, but the CBs are even better. The longer blade length makes me think J40, which are still in a bag in the garage next to the sim set up. I've always thought that the Apex was about as wide as I would go before just giving up visually on an iron at address.

No, I think the Pros are fine, but the CBs are even better. The longer blade length makes me think J40, which are still in a bag in the garage next to the sim set up. I've always thought that the Apex was about as wide as I would go before just giving up visually on an iron at address.
My mind goes to J40 as well with the longer blade length. Even more reason to love these.

Hit these in my fitting today. Felt really good, but I didn't bring my best swing, and have decided that I want to go for a little forgiveness this year as I continue to work on my swing. I could totally see gaming the pros or something similar in the future, just not in the cards for me right this second. Such a good looking iron over the ball.

I caved. Not like I wasn't going to eventually, but I did today.
Apex Pro 3-7
Apex Pro CB 8-10 - 1° strong
All 2° up, Project X LZ 6.0

Between trade bait and Callaway points, they're a little less than half.
Heck of a combo. I think you are really going to love how the set transitions through. Those CB’s are going to be lights out.

Just was working through a gapping session on the GC3 and I don’t know if it is a mental thing for me but I hit the 10 & 11 CB so much smoother than the Pro’s. I feel like I’m coming in steep and hitting the ball fat. Session got interrupted abruptly but will pick it up when I get back home.

Just was working through a gapping session on the GC3 and I don’t know if it is a mental thing for me but I hit the 10 & 11 CB so much smoother than the Pro’s. I feel like I’m coming in steep and hitting the ball fat. Session got interrupted abruptly but will pick it up when I get back home.
I know we have talked about it, but that’s what I struggled with, with the Pro’s. Just not the best fit for my move interaction wise.

So just finished up with a gapping session and let’s say I have a mixed feeling about things. Distance wise I’m not really concerned because these are weaker lofts than my previous gamers. Gapping is for the most part good…those PW numbers below an anomaly. As I’ve mentioned before I seem to hit the CB’s with better results than the Pro irons. Dispersion with CB’s is fantastic. The Pro dispersion is much larger although something that I can live with. I’m not giving up on the Pro’s just yet and will continue to work with them along with my swing.
IMG_2966.jpeg

Got my 7i pro on a monitor this evening:

Carry 168yds Peak 113 feet Decent 49 degrees spin 6200 It will play with those numbers all day long

Got my 7i pro on a monitor this evening:

Carry 168yds Peak 113 feet Decent 49 degrees spin 6200 It will play with those numbers all day long
Can’t beat those numbers.

We are SOOOOOOOO close with these CB’s.

I hit some clubbed up and flighted down control shots today that I freaking adore having in the bag. That’s a big sign things are close for me.

And….the 11i has made a possible comeback after bending it 2* strong 😍

20 yard pitch shots in absolutely soaked terrain still feel great. Can't wait to get these back on the course

Not sure if it’s been mentioned. But right now there is a 50% trade bonus happening.

Has me considering a second go with different shafts..

Range session from mats while hitting brick golf balls. The flight is so pure with the Pros in the mid irons. The CBs found target and hit the signs I aimed at a couple times. Really looking forward to better weather.

One area that stands out to me with the Apex Pro and CB irons is the feel. A well struck ball is rewarded with a pleasant feel that you know the outcome of the swing will be a good shot. On poorly struck shots you receive the feedback, but the outcome really isn’t that bad.
The sound is just so entrancing on well struck shots. It definitely provokes good feels when you are setting up to the ball for your next shot.

One area that stands out to me with the Apex Pro and CB irons is the feel. A well struck ball is rewarded with a pleasant feel that you know the outcome of the swing will be a good shot. On poorly struck shots you receive the feedback, but the outcome really isn’t that bad.
The sound is just so entrancing on well struck shots. It definitely provokes good feels when you are setting up to the ball for your next shot.
I’ve had plenty of shots that at impact I’m expecting to look up and see something horrible happening, but I’ve gotten away with a lot more than I deserve with these.

I developed a hitch in my swing with these irons trying to “control” them instead of just going after them with a full swing. Who would have thought a full out swing with a 6 iron would have such a great ball flight.

Got a delivery notification from UPS, a package from Callaway Mexico is being delivered today. It said 3-4 weeks for the CBs, but checked the site and it says everything but the 8 iron is on its way. Nice little surprise.

Back