Callaway Apex TCB feedback?

These irons are great. Feel, launch, spin, and distancer control are all anyone needs. I hit them every bit as far as the Apex Pros. Went 72/73 over the weekend with them in the bag. They put me in great position each hole.

Oh I know who to call it in here. @jjjgolf500 what's the deal? Did you get them?!

Unfortunately I had to send them back. They were not the correct specs nor the ones listed on the website. That's what happens when you buy used sometimes.....

I did take them out to the range a few times though. Observations:

Wonderful feel
Workability (up, down, left, right) with these clubs was outstanding.
Longer irons not quite as forgiving as my Hogan ptx pros.
4 iron is tiny!

I will be back on the hunt, or maybe just sucking it up and paying full price for new.

Unfortunately I had to send them back. They were not the correct specs nor the ones listed on the website. That's what happens when you buy used sometimes.....

I did take them out to the range a few times though. Observations:

Wonderful feel
Workability (up, down, left, right) with these clubs was outstanding.
Longer irons not quite as forgiving as my Hogan ptx pros.
4 iron is tiny!

I will be back on the hunt, or maybe just sucking it up and paying full price for new.
Oh man. That suuuucks.

And yes it's a pretty compact 4 iron. Definitely jumps out to some eyes the first time they see it. Glad you at least got to see and hit the whole set though.

ugh 50% trade in bonus. I’m tempted for a set of these 5-P with MMTs…playing the apex pro with mmt right now.
When I did my fitting it was was between these the mb and the pros. The tcb feel a lot better to me then the pros. Numbers worked out best for the MB but I wanted a bit of a security blanket so went with the TCB I made the correct choice. They do all I ask and if I miss it a bit I can feel it but find that I do not loose much. You can't go wrong with these.

I’m the most confident I’ve been all season with the TCBs. I’ve finally fixed one of my huge swing flaws with my irons and it’s been fantastic. Hitting the center of these irons as consistently as I have has made me fall in love all over again with the feel/sound.

Distance is essentially back to normal too and even the long iron confidence is a great feeling.

I really can’t wait to keep these TCBs in the bag for awhile! Well at leas until the irons that DNevs was talking about come out 😜

I have them in the truck but they might wait until the end of the week with current plans. Hitting new stuff this time of year though always makes me want to start mixing it up and my scoring average with these kind of ends most arguments about playing them.

I have them in the truck but they might wait until the end of the week with current plans. Hitting new stuff this time of year though always makes me want to start mixing it up and my scoring average with these kind of ends most arguments about playing them.
Club championship this weekend. These are firmly in my bag till at least next week... haha

My TCB replay will have to wait. There was a THP'er in desperate need of their feels, so they are taking a little plane ride to go meet him.

All this awesomeness regarding the TCB’s made me think I cannot recall ever having a set of irons that I am as excited to hit. They feel just so gooooood! So good, I am playing 4X in the next 5 days it appears as I try and squeeze as many rounds as I can before the cold weather arrives.

ordered 4-p yesterday. i thought there would be a significant wait. i called again today to confirm and my set already went into production. might take a few days to build and ship. hope all of it goes well!

My TCB replay will have to wait. There was a THP'er in desperate need of their feels, so they are taking a little plane ride to go meet him.

Damn…well done man!

When do they arrive? I didn't get the shipping notice :LOL::ROFLMAO:

When do they arrive? I didn't get the shipping notice :LOL::ROFLMAO:
If you find a box on your front porch with holes in it..

let me out! And then lend me some clubs. :LOL:

That was fast! Ordered on Monday. Delivered today. Super excited right now

It's weird that not having the option to play them when I sent them away has kind of made me want to play them. And I've enjoyed it. I do enjoy their unique sound, and being a little less-than right now, there's a certain comfort to them. Hit a lot of really nice, controlled shots with them today. Besides being a great club, I think they're one of my best builds too. The hard stepped 120 X100 at that length and weight is just really nice. Can go after them, or hit little flickers to safe spots or small targets.

Going to keep them in the bag for a bit.

TCBs are so good. Never had this kind of confidence in a set of irons. Led to this.

IMG_20221016_170855.jpg

12 GIR, 4 within 10 feet of the green. Led to 6 birdies.

"Stuck" playing my TCBs for a little stretch here and kind of loving it. I forget how fun and satisfying they are until I actually play them. And how forgiving for their size. Like playing a round with an old friend.

"Stuck" playing my TCBs for a little stretch here and kind of loving it. I forget how fun and satisfying they are until I actually play them. And how forgiving for their size. Like playing a round with an old friend.
Lol, "stuck". I am still gaming mine and would love to be stuck to them for the foreseeable future. Such a great iron.

Excited to be adding this to the set.

IMG_20230228_154310.jpg

Back