Callaway Chrome Soft USA TruTrack

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoping to give their consumers the best of both worlds, Callaway’s new TruTrack line of Chrome Soft golf balls utilizes elements of both Triple Track and Truvis, the company’s two most popular pieces of visual golf ball technology. After listening to feedback from their customers, and looking at trends with their Tour staff, Callaway is introducing some subtle changes intended to enhance the benefits of both technologies.

Continue reading...

Thanks JB! Really liked the pic from the Goat cup, and now I understand why there were no comments about it. Love the flags and as the article talked about the framing around the center of the ball makes total sense.

Will be interesting to see what other designs ultimately come out.

It looks like the start on the alignment line gives a little bit of the triple track alignment with how those hexagons are positioned? And more centered along the alignment line maybe not so much as the hexagons are not quite aligned to get the visual rotation correct?

Am I seeing that right in the photos?

• Admin
It looks like the start on the alignment line gives a little bit of the triple track alignment with how those hexagons are positioned? And more centered along the alignment line maybe not so much as the hexagons are not quite aligned to get the visual rotation correct?

Am I seeing that right in the photos?
From the article

The first change we notice with TruTrack is the modification of the shapes, and the shapes’ placement, compared to Truvis. TruTrack is now utilizing hexagons instead of pentagons. In addition, the hexagons have been placed so that they frame the center of the ball, both vertically and horizontally. This small step alone means the TruTrack retains the dynamic feedback of the Truvis, with the additional benefit of providing some alignment assistance.

From the article

The first change we notice with TruTrack is the modification of the shapes, and the shapes’ placement, compared to Truvis. TruTrack is now utilizing hexagons instead of pentagons. In addition, the hexagons have been placed so that they frame the center of the ball, both vertically and horizontally. This small step alone means the TruTrack retains the dynamic feedback of the Truvis, with the additional benefit of providing some alignment assistance.
I read that, but then the image made it look a little different but I guess it’s just perspective playing tricks on me (the bottom set looked square while the top looks angled out). Thanks for the clarity
06E2683A-738C-4534-8E28-8E368455E4AE.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Admin
I read that, but then the image made it look a little different but I guess it’s just perspective playing tricks on me (the bottom set lookEd square while the top looks angled out). Thanks for the clarity
View attachment 9178149
Okay, I think I understand your question now, and yes. Perspective does play a bit of a trick, because the start appears dead square when looking at them in hand.

Thanks for confirming they are square around and it’s a perspective thing.

This is really intriguing to get a big piece of triple track but the benefits of truvis to watch spin around the greens. I’ve enjoyed balls where I can see how they are responding into greens.

Really like the alterations and looks of these. Visually it makes a lot of sense.

After having Finley show this to us and explain it, I’m very intrigued. As someone who currently plays Triple Track this seems like a potential logical switch.

he did give me one to try so I’ll take it out during my next round and play with it.

I really like the design and as Finley said golfers like to the roll

Really busy.

Not sure if it's the flags or the hexagons contributing more. Because I dont mind most truvis balls.

That was an interesting and eye opening read. It’s crazy to think I’ve never gamed a Truvis ball to date…as the pattern felt distracting to me. The Triple Track has helped greatly with alignment both on the tee and putting surface.

Edit…I have put a Truvis in play on SIM rounds courtesy of the THP Tech Studio…

After having Finley show this to us and explain it, I’m very intrigued. As someone who currently plays Triple Track this seems like a potential logical switch.

he did give me one to try so I’ll take it out during my next round and play with it.

I’m a current Truvis fan so I’m definitely interested.

And isn’t it amazing that you learned about the ball from Jason Finley. THP access to people like him defies description. We are so fortunate to be able to learn from people like him.

@Hawk and @JB did I read correctly that they have a new cover for these golf balls?

I find this concept of alignment pretty interesting. It ensures your ball is square in vertical and horizontal and at your target. I'm finding it fascinating that Callaway is adding to the Triple Track alignment aid to gain more market share.

And isn’t it amazing that you learned about the ball from Jason Finley. THP access to people like him defies description. We are so fortunate to be able to learn from people like him.

So well stated!

Absolutely it is! He’s also an open book and will tell you everything he is allowed to tell you :)

I was not a Truvis fan when it first came out, but it's grown on me. I do want to give this line a shot, because I use alignment lines and appreciate a prominent one that's stamped on there.

Absolutely it is! He’s also an open book and will tell you everything he is allowed to tell you :)

I have had the pleasure of meeting him and playing two rounds of golf with him. He was my partner and teammate in the Dream Foursome Experience back in 2021.

@Hawk and @JB did I read correctly that they have a new cover for these golf balls?

I find this concept of alignment pretty interesting. It ensures your ball is square in vertical and horizontal and at your target. I'm finding it fascinating that Callaway is adding to the Triple Track alignment aid to gain more market share.

Not that I'm aware of, other than whatever enhancements came with the most recent CS line.

Not that I'm aware of, other than whatever enhancements came with the most recent CS line.

Okay, I was just curious to know since you had that note in the article. Great write up BTW!

I like it, the way the flags have the flat edges situated with the line really frame the putt

It looks really good off the putter face

this design is really cool. Always have been a fan of truvis. And have been really enjoying the 360 triple track.

this is kind of a best of both worlds between them. I haven’t played it yet, but It may be my new favorite style of ball from callaway

I like this! Reminds me of the TM Pix alignment, which I originally thought was terrible, until I tried it.

Back