Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Played last weekend in some pretty strong winds here in MA. They were 15-20 and gusting higher. The front 9 was either with or against the wind. The back 9 had some crosswinds. I have my Arccos calculating the wind with club selection. I was about one club longer than the Arccos rec into the wind (which was about one club shorter than my normal in calm conditions). Case in point, I was going into the wind on a par 3, 147 to the pin. Normally I hit a 9 iron but decided to hit 8 and it flew the green.

The crosswinds didn't seem to bother the ball much, maybe a touch shorter. I only was hitting full high shots with my driver, so I can't say how my high fade with hold up with irons into the wind.

I'll be putting these in play at a local course Sunday morning so I should be able to provide some feedback on a familiar track

I'm committed to a TT or a line on a ball but still need to learn to trust the line. I tend to adjust when standing over the ball.

I've also recently played both the CT and CTX. I really could go either way and be happy. At some level that makes me want to play the CTX. I'm not losing anything with ball striking, and the bit of extra greenside spin can be helpful. Once I run through the first dozen CT, I will pick up a dozen of CTX.

I'm committed to a TT or a line on a ball but still need to learn to trust the line. I tend to adjust when standing over the ball.
If I’m over the ball and feel It’s not aligned where I want it, I step back and adjust the ball, or make sure it’s aligned where I want it. Then commit. You lose so much of the value of using a line if you don’t trust it.

I've also recently played both the CT and CTX. I really could go either way and be happy. At some level that makes me want to play the CTX. I'm not losing anything with ball striking, and the bit of extra greenside spin can be helpful. Once I run through the first dozen CT, I will pick up a dozen of CTX.
That is about how I am between CS and CT. I can really play either one and there are things I like about both of them.

If I’m over the ball and feel It’s not aligned where I want it, I step back and adjust the ball, or make sure it’s aligned where I want it. Then commit. You lose so much of the value of using a line if you don’t trust it.

That's a good process. I think will start doing that.

All 18 today with the same Chrome Tour. I really like the ball but it seems like I’m leaving some distance on the table still. Could be the weather and the early season so I’ll finish out the rest of the box before trying the CTX

That is about how I am between CS and CT. I can really play either one and there are things I like about both of them.
Totally me with the CS and CT. I committed to the CSTT on a B3G4 deal, but could just as easily gone CT.

I played the CSTT today, 15-20 mph winds most of the round. I think the CS is a really good ball in the wind, it cuts through without ballooning and doesn't get blown around as much as some others I've played. I went up 2 clubs on a par 3 tee shot straight into the wind and was surprised when I ended up over the back of the green, the ball cut through the wind a little better than I expected it to!

As previously mentioned I’m not a huge fan of a lot on my golf balls so I tend to stay away from the triple track balls. When I went into buy this last dozen to play some more with there were 0 Tru Track options in white and only 1 solid White ball which I grabbed lol. There were a lot of the Triple Track balls left though at our PGA Super Store.

I finally got to play outdoors with these balls for a couple of rounds.

Was very impressed with the CTx feel with irons and putter. This was basically what i was worried about as normally i'm not a huge fan of the feel of X balls. I have forged irons, and the CTx is pretty sweet off the face. Certainly no problems

Off the putter, also pretty nice.

I hit a couple of monster drives today that were pretty towering , and a couple of 7 irons that i feel also had a very nice trajectory. So far i'm really liking this ball in the real world

I finally got to play outdoors with these balls for a couple of rounds.

Was very impressed with the CTx feel with irons and putter. This was basically what i was worried about as normally i'm not a huge fan of the feel of X balls. I have forged irons, and the CTx is pretty sweet off the face. Certainly no problems

Off the putter, also pretty nice.

I hit a couple of monster drives today that were pretty towering , and a couple of 7 irons that i feel also had a very nice trajectory. So far i'm really liking this ball in the real world
I have a box of BX, CT and CTX to test against my trusted Pro V1x. In my mind, I believe CTX will be the only ball that will rival V1x. The new aero package really has my interest since I’m never playing in still conditions.

Back