Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
With a name like Paradym, you had better bring something truly different to the table. Typically, that comes easier with woods and hybrids, especially with something like the new Forged Carbon that Callaway has created and unleashed. So, when it comes to irons, how do you take things to a new level?

Continue reading...

Lots to say about these irons.

I like the looks of these. I'm not a hollow body iron guy, but I have no doubt wtih their engineering and microspheres, they have these tuned up to make them feel like your traditional irons.

Looking forward to seeing who from The Grandaddy was fit into these and their feedback.

Oh my.....very interesting.

The tech sounds awesome. I need to see the back in person to say about the looks. I was really excited about these….. and they are hollow. I’ll try them and give them an honest chance. Sound and feel keep the ST pro out of my bag last year. Hopefully it’s improved here.

Love the look of those.

Wow.. i will be trying these out when they come in to my local range. The tech story sounds amazing. I like the color scheme but these will have to do something special to knock the Rogue ST Pros out of the bag

For those that have had the chance to hit these, how’s the spin and launch?

Ok so these irons are really good. They have a great feel due to the forged face but they're really forgiving and easy to hit.

The Paradym irons feature a forged 455 face cup, with a hollow body and new speed frame construction, which saves weight to allow for tungsten weights to be placed low in the body. The tungsten comes in at up to 67g in the Paradym, and 74g in the Paradym X.
Compared directly against the Apex DCB, the Paradym irons deliver 2.5 mph more ball speed, and 26% tighter downrange dispersion.
The Paradym and Paradym X are designed for playable distance. Stronger lofts bring you higher ball speed, but the tungsten weights launch the ball higher than the loft would suggest. To help with gapping at the lower end of the bag, a G wedge is introduced with 51 degrees of loft. The A wedge in both sets comes in at 51 degrees.
Stock steel is the True Temper Elevate MPH at 95 grams.
Graphite options are the Aldila Ascent, and Project X HZRDUS Silver.

While I wasn’t fit into Paradym irons, I was rather impressed with them. Hit directly against the Apex, I got similar carry distance and spin, even though the loft was 1.5 degree stronger. Loft isn’t the deciding factor, and hitting those irons head-to-head proves it for me. The finish is a shiny chrome, with a matte topline and face in the area of the grooves.

I’ve played Tour Edge HL4 and Maltby KE4 MAX over the last 4 years, so I am used to SGI shovels. The Paradym and Paradym X both looked a lot “cleaner” to me at address, and I really like the thinner top line. I liked the look of the regular irons at address, as they have less offset, but I started out hitting the Paradym X 7i since I’m a higher handicap. I got great distance, but very little spin with the X model. High, far and straight. Then, at the prompting of my fitter Grant, I tried the regular Paradym iron, and it was high, far, and straight as well, with more spin, which I needed. Shaft was switched to the S flex silver, and the spin numbers were even better, with the same angle of descent. Boom, done. I went with 6-AW. I did not have the irons to play at The Hideaway.
clubs13.jpegclubs15.jpeg

Ok so these irons are really good. They have a great feel due to the forged face but they're really forgiving and easy to hit.
Did you get the regular paradym or the X?

Can't say these wil be for me, but you never know with a driving iron or something. It's an interesting road they're taking with the tech and there were a couple questions about it that showed it brought the T200 to some people's minds, but I think that's just the back piece making them think of it. And I heard a really interesting and a little hot take on the looks earlier, so I'm curious to hear what people think of that.

And being able to play the Hzrdus Silver and Ascent Blue through the whole line from driver on down is really interesting.

Some of the Grandaddy crew were fit into them so anxious to hear the rest of their thoughts on these.

Last edited:
I like the looks of these. I'm not a hollow body iron guy, but I have no doubt wtih their engineering and microspheres, they have these tuned up to make them feel like your traditional irons.

Looking forward to seeing who from The Grandaddy was fit into these and their feedback.
Holding the cutaways of these and looking at the construction, I thought they would feel.similar to my T200.

They do not.
Both the paradym and paradym x feel amazing. We were all very pleased with the sound and feel.

These look really sharp. The tech sounds nothing short of amazing also.

For those that have had the chance to hit these, how’s the spin and launch?
Similar to Apex for me with the same iron number, despite the lower loft.

The tech sounds awesome. I need to see the back in person to say about the looks. I was really excited about these….. and they are hollow. I’ll try them and give them an honest chance. Sound and feel keep the ST pro out of my bag last year. Hopefully it’s improved here.

I currently play the ST pro and was fit into the Pardym. They are a better feel and sound. The forged face made me giggle when getting fit a bit.

I didn't think these were going to be for me. However, it only took one swing and I was really shocked. I hit the ball high with a lot of spin so I was worried these would just amplify that. That wasn't the case at all for me. The forgiveness was insane and I still can't believe the results of some of the poor shots I hit. I toed one real bad and lost maybe 5 yards in distance.

Man, this whole Paradym lineup killed it in the looks department. And the feedback from GD participants definitely seem to lean towards a great job in performance.

413F23B3-C6B1-49B7-83C5-C9BA6C021934.jpeg

Back