Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

had a chance to hit this as my brother (Robman7) recently bought it.

Loved the RIP shaft in it. My swing was junked up, but even on my mis-hits the ball went a long way. Heck I had one that was a short 318 yard par 4, that I thought I was still 100 yards out after a terrible tee shot, but we drove up there and I just had 30 yards at most to do.

Piped the ball on #9, nice low penetrating ball flight.

he hit it pretty well, I think once the weights are figured out and hes done tinkering with it, he will like it as I like my D2

is that true? That just seems odd to me. I would think that I shouldn't be hitting a 4 iron to the same height as a PW. Or did I read that wrong.

I've read things that agree with what Tuna says. The apex just comes at a different spot in the flight. High balls are fine. High spinning high balls are a good way to shorten your drives considerably. That's a lame thing I dealt with for a good while.

is that true? That just seems odd to me. I would think that I shouldn't be hitting a 4 iron to the same height as a PW. Or did I read that wrong.

Truth mate. Hawk nailed the caveat to that in it depends on where in the flight path you want that apex to be reached but ideally your looking around the 30 yard apex height marker with every club on a standard full shot. I don't have the chart handy but it's fasinating to see all the pro's averages in terms of apex height, flight time and ball speed correlation.

Truth mate. Hawk nailed the caveat to that in it depends on where in the flight path you want that apex to be reached but ideally your looking around the 30 yard apex height marker with every club on a standard full shot. I don't have the chart handy but it's fasinating to see all the pro's averages in terms of apex height, flight time and ball speed correlation.

yeah the way hawk said it made a little more sense in my mind. When I first read yours it just seemed off in my mind. Not disagreeing, just sounded funny.

This has never happed for me. My SW peaks at around 45yrds vertical down to my 3w that peaks around 25yrds vertical.
I still have about a 10 yard distance gap in each club if I swing at my normal 80% rate.

I'm going to stick with the stock shaft until I can justify buying another as this is still the longest club/shaft combo I've gamed thanks in part to the low (2280) backspin number. My ego keeps telling me that I could get a few more yards out of this club with a lower launching shaft. Until I can schedule more time infront of the Trackman, I won't really know.

Swung this for the second time while I was getting fit for my woods in my bag.

Honestly, other than sound/feel (which are immaculate) this club does nothing for me personally. Don't like the way it sets up behind the ball and didnt get any real gains out of it dispersion or distance wise.

Also, for whatever reason I found it super hard to find the sweet spot on this club.

Different strokes for different folks.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Swung this for the second time while I was getting fit for my woods in my bag.

Honestly, other than sound/feel (which are immaculate) this club does nothing for me personally. Don't like the way it sets up behind the ball and didnt get any real gains out of it dispersion or distance wise.

Also, for whatever reason I found it super hard to find the sweet spot on this club.

Different strokes for different folks.

Get out of here you Ping Homer.

Where's your love for your fellow man?

Lol I love all except for Turdeliest lovers. I'm gonna hit bombs with this head combined with the matrix ozik xcon6. Mid-high launch with low spin makes me happy.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I love all except for Turdeliest lovers. I'm gonna hit bombs with this head combined with the matrix ozik xcon6. Mid-high launch with low spin makes me happy.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, if it gets you all warm and fuzzy inside then that's awesome! Like I said. Different strokes.

BTW, can you hear a bit of a whistle coming off of this bad boy when you swing it? I did.

Hey, if it gets you all warm and fuzzy inside then that's awesome! Like I said. Different strokes.

BTW, can you hear a bit of a whistle coming off of this bad boy when you swing it? I did.

I did not hear a whistle, but I also swing so hard its like a train just blew by you so you wouldn't hear a whistle. I'm just giving you a hard time man, there are lots of drivers that people love that I thought were bad and vice versa.

I did not hear a whistle, but I also swing so hard its like a train just blew by you so you wouldn't hear a whistle. I'm just giving you a hard time man, there are lots of drivers that people love that I thought were bad and vice versa.

I didn't think you were giving me a hard time. I know one doesn't fit all. I just didn't expect the whistle sound. Very F11 like sound. Maybe it's because I swing so fast. I mean, after all, my ball speed is in the 190's... :bulgey-eyes:

I may or may not be hitting bombs with one of these tomorrow :beauty:

I may or may not be hitting bombs with one of these tomorrow :beauty:

I think paired with the right shaft. This would be great for you. Very G20 like.

I think paired with the right shaft. This would be great for you. Very G20 like.

I need to go back through this thread and get educated on the settings on this driver.

Ya I think you should do that that hehe

I need to go back through this thread and get educated on the settings on this driver.

I'll be really interested in your thoughts Mountain Man. I don't think you need to read up too much on the driver though, 3 settings open, neutral and closed, with weights that can be set to either neutral or draw biased.

I'm thinking with the shaft I'm pairing with this beast I might be going with open face so the loft goes to about 9.5* and then move the weights to a draw bias.

I think Colt was swinging a Razr Flute

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I'll be really interested in your thoughts Mountain Man. I don't think you need to read up too much on the driver though, 3 settings open, neutral and closed, with weights that can be set to either neutral or draw biased.

I'm thinking with the shaft I'm pairing with this beast I might be going with open face so the loft goes to about 9.5* and then move the weights to a draw bias.

So more weight in the heel = draw bias right?

So more weight in the heel = draw bias right?
Yep, I think the stock setting is the heavier weight in the toe, lighter in the heel, and then you can set it up to draw bias by swapping. Thats my understanding of it.

Yep, I think the stock setting is the heavier weight in the toe, lighter in the heel, and then you can set it up to draw bias by swapping. Thats my understanding of it.

Makes sense to me. I like how you can adjust the driver without having to actual turn the shaft and sacrifice the way one likes to have their grips. Not everyone wants a 360 Tour Velvet, although I would be ok with that.

Makes sense to me. I like how you can adjust the driver without having to actual turn the shaft and sacrifice the way one likes to have their grips. Not everyone wants a 360 Tour Velvet, although I would be ok with that.

Wouldn't this help with keeping the spine of the shaft right too?

Back