Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

The more I hear about this the more I want mine to get here! Just waiting to hear from Callaway...

Looking forward to your feedback TTD.

Surprisingly no. Normally we get some marks after practice sessions like this, but these still look pretty good.

That's awesome, I would bet you get a lot of interesting marks!!!

I was driving beautifully with the Fit yesterday. Makes me more excited to try the new Fit Xtreme, if they improved on the Fit at all I can't imagine how good it is going to be. I'm even more excited about the customization options for the Xtreme as well, Callaway has posted some awesome pics on Facebook of some neat custom options.

I have the original Razr Fit and will likely stay with it for at least another season, but this one is intriguing.

Isn't the Fit just fantastic Smalls? It is hard to imagine liking another driver better. I have never had so much fun with a driver, usually I like a driver but always want to try out other ones. With the Fit I have been so happy that I haven't even had a desire to switch to anything else.

Isn't the Fit just fantastic Smalls? It is hard to imagine liking another driver better. I have never had so much fun with a driver, usually I like a driver but always want to try out other ones. With the Fit I have been so happy that I haven't even had a desire to switch to anything else.

The Fit is the only driver that will stop me from ordering the 913. I am an absolute Titleist driver homer as I have always loved the looks and feel of them. However I just cannot justify spending any money on it when I am hitting the Fit as well as I am. Just got home from the range and was absolutely destroying it in awful winds. Plus the feel is incredible. One of the nicest feeling drivers that I can remember. Reminds me of the 905 which is a huge compliment

I love it. I still play around with the settings a little, but I must say I have never hit driver better than with this one.

I still remember Hanks absolutely bombing this driver on Sunday at the MC. He was awful the first 3 holes. Hits a drive on 4 that just sucked. He says that he thinks the driver is broken. Dean and I laugh like it was an excuse. He checks it and sure enough it was loose. He tightens it up and proceeds to demolish the ball off the tee the rest of the round. Probably 10 yards past me the rest of the day. It was hilarious and awesome

The more I hear about this the more I want mine to get here! Just waiting to hear from Callaway...

I am very excited for you and jealous all at the same time....LOL

I still remember Hanks absolutely bombing this driver on Sunday at the MC. He was awful the first 3 holes. Hits a drive on 4 that just sucked. He says that he thinks the driver is broken. Dean and I laugh like it was an excuse. He checks it and sure enough it was loose. He tightens it up and proceeds to demolish the ball off the tee the rest of the round. Probably 10 yards past me the rest of the day. It was hilarious and awesome

lol that is hilarious. I am excited for the guys that are sponsored by Callaway this year. They are going to be blown away. I am excited for Jake as he sees this stuff revealed, his excitement is fun to see.

I am so excited for this driver to come out. I'm really looking forward to at least hitting it.

Really like the looks of this one, of course I do since I LOVE my FIT TA. It will be hard to imagine this being better than my FIT TA X-Con combo.

Really like the looks of this one, of course I do since I LOVE my FIT TA. It will be hard to imagine this being better than my FIT TA X-Con combo.

10yard,
At the range there was a guy that had a swing just like yours that we got feedback from. Info coming up soon. I kept thinking to myself, 10yard is going to love hearing this.

10yard,
At the range there was a guy that had a swing just like yours that we got feedback from. Info coming up soon. I kept thinking to myself, 10yard is going to love hearing this.
Awesome JB, can't wait to hear this. Sorry I haven't been able to be on much lately but man work and life has kept me tied up 99% of the days since the Ohio outing.

The video is up on the home page in the THP TV player. Pretty cool video from their launch showing everything in this driver.

The video is up on the home page in the THP TV player. Pretty cool video from their launch showing everything in this driver.

A great video, it's packed with features for sure.

I just watched this and man this thing is hawt! I like all the features of it and yep I do like adjustable drivers and yep I would probably play with every possible option it comes with, and then let someone fit it to my swing:D

I would not call it low spin like a few others we have seen recently, but it is not high spin at all. I would call it low to mid for me anyway. By offering two standard shaft options that are quite different, they have also made sure that those looking for super low launch and low spin can grab that with the Black Tie.

JB,

Any ideas on what shaft offerings there are in the X Stiff? Swing speed is currently 121mph with the driver, and hit the ball high so need a shaft that will give me a lower launch...
Also do you know what lofts there are going to be for us lefties?

Sounds like the Black Tie might be the one to look at Jens.

Yup. With that clubhead speed- or something else aftermarket.

JB,

Any ideas on what shaft offerings there are in the X Stiff? Swing speed is currently 121mph with the driver, and hit the ball high so need a shaft that will give me a lower launch...
Also do you know what lofts there are going to be for us lefties?

Yup. With that clubhead speed- or something else aftermarket.

As mentioned above, the Black Tie might be in perfect order for you. Although when you are at that speed, I strongly recommend a club fitting.

Working on putting the club testing write up together still, but got a chance to hit this again today and each time I try it, the more I like it. I will have a few details coming up in a few hours about numbers, but suffice it to say, they were darn good.

Hearing that this is solid for you makes me feel good. The look is techy so I'm hoping the performer is reflected. Can't wait to read the feedback and results.

Well the sig change speaks for itself really.

That was discussed earlier in the thread Thain. I was asked to test this out, so I figured I would go full bore with it. It may or may not be a full change, but so far it has been outstanding.

Back