Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

Project x?

i would hope so (in the steel shafts). i know that the graphite shaft was PX but i'm curious as to what the steel shafts are.

i would hope so (in the steel shafts). i know that the graphite shaft was PX but i'm curious as to what the steel shafts are.

Callaway seems to be doing a lot of PX stuff this coming year, I like that. First the Diablo Octane, both versions, and now these too.

R540.. :blob:

Last time I checked, 5 is not an even number. While 40 is, it was the R5 line.

I think you mean the sneaky R11 driver...

JB which one has the PX 6.0? Tour?

Forged.

The graphites are NOT PX TC. They are just Callaway graphite shafts.
The Tours have S300s in them
The forged have PX 6.0 in them.

Okay, so the dust settled on the X24's like 10 minutes ago; the Diablo and Diablo Edge brands still have paint drying on them; there was the Big Bertha '08s a few minutes before that along with the X22s (hyperbole alert. This is getting ridiculous! Especially when the manufacturers try to tell you that these are the new "longest, hottest, fastest, highest, blah, blah, blah..."

Having fallen for this bunk once 2 years ago when I bought the FTIQ driver and the X22s at full retail (you can now get both for less than half what I paid) and saw not a lick of game improvement, I will NEVER buy the latest and greatest again. The X22s were not one iota better than my old X12s! Now this does not mean I don't get new gear nor does it mean I don't believe there can be breakthroughs. I already have my eye on the Super-Tri - but I'll be buying it (new) at the end of next season for $149 thank you very much!

Last time I checked, 5 is not an even number. While 40 is, it was the R5 line.

Forged.

The graphites are NOT PX TC. They are just Callaway graphite shafts.
The forged have PX 6.0 in them.

ok, thanks for the information. well, at least they didn't stick some uniflex in them (like they did with the DF's).

The forged have PX 6.0 in them

That is serious. Serious golfers only need apply.

Nice looking blades there.

Okay, so the dust settled on the X24's like 10 minutes ago; the Diablo and Diablo Edge brands still have paint drying on them; there was the Big Bertha '08s a few minutes before that along with the X22s (hyperbole alert. This is getting ridiculous! Especially when the manufacturers try to tell you that these are the new "longest, hottest, fastest, highest, blah, blah, blah..."

Having fallen for this bunk once 2 years ago when I bought the FTIQ driver and the X22s at full retail (you can now get both for less than half what I paid) and saw not a lick of game improvement, I will NEVER buy the latest and greatest again. The X22s were not one iota better than my old X12s! Now this does not mean I don't get new gear nor does it mean I don't believe there can be breakthroughs. I already have my eye on the Super-Tri - but I'll be buying it (new) at the end of next season for $149 thank you very much!

the diablo, diablo forged, and x24's were just quick hitters to the market imo. i think that the Razr line was always gonna be what was suppose to follow up the X22/X22 tour/Xforged trio that hit the shelves in 2008. there's no doubt to me that the X24 was just put out to combat the success of the 2009 burner irons from taylormade. the fact that the 24's and diablo forged aren't made available in LH means that they put them out quickly and that they were always going to be going full steam ahead with the razr line of irons.

Keep in mind that these do not come out until the Spring. Just like the Diablo Edge line did. A full year cycle seems pretty normal at the current state.

By the way, I actually found the X-22s much better than the 12s in the forgiveness and distance categories. Just my opinion though.

I stand corrected.......... R11
but maybe they'll follow Callaway's lead and come up with a cool sounding name.....Maybe the R-Hammer 11
and I wonder what new gizmo it will incorporate to change my ball flight by 75 yards :banana:

Keep in mind that these do not come out until the Spring. Just like the Diablo Edge line did. A full year cycle seems pretty normal at the current state.

By the way, I actually found the X-22s much better than the 12s in the forgiveness and distance categories. Just my opinion though.

My feelings after playing the X-18's and going to X-20's was the 20's were a downgrade for me.I got off the wagon there so maybe I should have waited for the 22's or 24's or the Edge or these

Fair enough. On your second point, I'd love to chat with you about this sometime. I swear, I've never picked up a club or ball that added distance. the B330RX didn't add a yard. The X22s didn't add a yard. I hear and read everyone say, "that ball went 5 yds. further, that driver was 10 yds. longer", but it never happens to me. How can this be?

I stand corrected.......... R11
but maybe they'll follow Callaway's lead and come up with a cool sounding name.....Maybe the R-Hammer 11
and I wonder what new gizmo it will incorporate to change my ball flight by 75 yards :banana:

You mean like adjusting your driver vertically maybe?

If I had to guess, Taylormade's next release will almost certainly be called the R11s. 2011 is only months away and the R9 original has been out for quite some time.

I really like the look of the forged irons. Coming stock with PX shafts is a good thing too. The others are not too hard on the eyes either, but its all going to be about the performance anyways for me. They have a tough hill to climb with the excellent Burner 2.0s to compete with.

Fair enough. On your second point, I'd love to chat with you about this sometime. I swear, I've never picked up a club or ball that added distance. the B330RX didn't add a yard. The X22s didn't add a yard. I hear and read everyone say, "that ball went 5 yds. further, that driver was 10 yds. longer", but it never happens to me. How can this be?

Not sure I can aswer that. But I have to say that if you pick up the Burner 2.0 or last Burners, or the X-24s and dont see longer distances, then I will be shocked. As for the golf ball, were you fitted for your ball?

are these available to hit or even better to play with this weekend or is embargo in effect?

I have to say those are pretty darn nice looking!! Are those cut-outs on the bottom of the RAZR X? Sure looks that way to me.... Still those are sexy!

ya must be doing something wrong.......

I simply don't care for the looks of the RAZR X. The back is just so busy and distracting. That being said- I don't see the back when I am playing the ball, so if they play the ball well then you'll hear no complaints from me.

The X-Tours improve the cavity by a noticeable margin and they look pretty sharp from address too. These look to be in the MX200/300, R9TP, etc category that most appeals to me. I am interested to hear how these irons will stack up against the rest of this GI/GE category. The certainly look the part of a competitor.

The Forged... Now those are pretty! Unlike what other people mentioned earlier I really like the lack of paint fill. It looks crisp and classy and provides the potential to add your own flavor of paint fill if you really want too. I remember seeing the old MX irons that had been stripped of their badging and loved the look. These irons provide that without the hard work! I am curious about what level of players cavity these reach. The cavity looks pretty substantial and hopefully the irons play with the forgiveness of a big cavity. That way I can at least try them out without feeling to guilty (I have never played a forged iron for any real length of time).

JB- One quick question for you. These "cut-outs" that are in the picture below. Are they graphic detail or actual cavities in the sole? If they are cavities- what purpose will they serve other than collecting dirt and grime? Thanks!
th_RAZR.jpg

Not sure I can aswer that. But I have to say that if you pick up the Burner 2.0 or last Burners, or the X-24s and dont see longer distances, then I will be shocked. As for the golf ball, were you fitted for your ball?

online fitting. I also tested the 330S thanks to you guys and while it was straighter, I saw no distance variation there either.

ya must be doing something wrong.......

Nice! Way to bruise a guy's ego :D Seriously though, I'm a 14 handicap and hit my 7 iron 150ish so it's not like we're talking about someone without a repeatable swing or something.

every time I gp to write my thoughts I keep having to scroll up to take another look. the regular Razr just doesnt seem to impress me at all. The X tour I think would look much better in person but I am a little confused because it looks like the topline on the X tour is larger than that of the forged. I do also want to add that the forged just looks sesssssy to me. I cant wait to swing those!

every time I gp to write my thoughts I keep having to scroll up to take another look. the regular Razr just doesnt seem to impress me at all. The X tour I think would look much better in person but I am a little confused because it looks like the topline on the X tour is larger than that of the forged. I do also want to add that the forged just looks sesssssy to me. I cant wait to swing those!

Why does that confuse you? I see the X-Tour as a GI/GE blend while I see the Forged as a pure players cavity which I would expect to have less offset and a thinner top line.

thanks for the pics JB. I know my brothers have been waiting to see what the Razr's would look like. after seeing the Burner 2.0's and their finish, I don't think I'll ever buy shiny sticks. LoL.

Back