Callaway Staff Irons - The Morgan Cup

Only from what I've demo'd.

I thought the Razr X tours looked slimmer at address. The feel/sound is almost the same but the to me the Razr X Tours had more of a crack.

Very similar irons imo.

Can anybody compare the Razr X Tour irons and the Diablo Forged irons?

Can anybody compare the Razr X Tour irons and the Diablo Forged irons?
I hit the Diablo forged more than the RXT's but would say the feel is similar, but the sound was different. The RXT's had a deeper sound and more crisp. The Forged were very clicky sounding.

Ball flight was very similar for me. I like the look at address on both of these iron, but there is a little larger top ine and more offset with the Forged. RXTs were longer for me.

Vid to come later but what an impressive outing with these. I'm a different golfer it seems. Here are some holes where the Razr X Irons were a featured club. These along with a couple of tips have turned my game around!

Front 9:

Hole #2: 171 Par 3
Into the wind and I nailed my 6i. Wind caught it some but I stayed on line and just below the flag. 2 putt par. My putter was off all day.

Hole #3: 319 Par 4
Diablo Octane Tour 3w off the tee. Had about 80 yards left. Another hole into the wind. Knocked it on the green with a little AW and 3 putted for bogey haha. DOH!

Hole #4: 355 Par 4
High drive and right haha. Oops, first sky mark. Have 120 left and pull my PW. Ended up 2 putting for bogey.

Hole #5 373 Par 4
Ugly hole… Pull my drive OOB. Where I dropped it wasn’t pretty. Nasty rough and hit my 3rd about 20 feet in front of me. Knock my 7i (4) somewhat close. It was a nice high ballflight that had some juice! Hit a bad 56* onto the green and two putt for a trip haha. YIKES.

Hole #8 552 Yard Par 5
I hate this hole. Its bs imo haha. Really though. I decide not to pull out the Octane and go with my driver. Wonderful decision 280 + drive straight down the middle. A little less than 270 left to an elevated green. I want to lay up so I have a nice easy 56 into the green. I hate it because if you go right or over, you’re in the water. I duff my hybrid. 136 left. I pulled out my 9i and hit it great! Thought I overflew the green but when I got to it, pin high. 2 putt par. I’ve never got less than a double (played the course about 3x) so I was happy.

(Front nine score of 45)

Back 9:

Hole #11 331 Yard par 4
There was quite a bit of trouble on this one and I decide to 3w it. Bad choice. I pop this bad boy up. I have about 140 left and hit a fat 9i. Ptich and 2 putt bogey. Last time I keep the driver shelved.

Hole #14 169 Par 3
6i time! The hole played a little longer though. About 180 to the back. I hit my 6i fat and still end up pin high. It was just a little fat. 2 putt par.

Hole #18 526 Yard Par 5
Another hole sh!t moment haha. I decided you know, I’ve been hitting it good, Ill pull out the driver. My only play with this club is to cut the corner. If I go straight from the tee box I have to hit 3w or less so I don’t get into a bad spot. Anyway, I just put a hurting on the ball. All I’m left with is 180. It wasn’t a 346 yard drive but I definitely put it out there some. Saved at least 40-50 yard, who knows maybe more but I loved the shot because of how accurate it was. Step into my 6i and I’m about 20 feet out, just overcook my eagle putt and it rims out. Have a decently tough birdie putt that I make. Fantastic way to end the round!

Back 9 score 40

A little audio/visual feedback as well

[YOUTUBE]WX4MjxUZk_o[/YOUTUBE]

Great round buddy. The 6 iron seems to be working very well for you!

They are all my friend! I'm really digging these irons. It's not the most flashy round but I've never played that well on that course. Kept my round in check on the back 9 and just played within myself. Anyone looking at irons needs to give these a look. Not as flashy as the tours but they are amazing.

Great round buddy. The 6 iron seems to be working very well for you!

Yoccos putting in some work lately. Thanks again for all of the excellent feedback. I am learning a ton about these sticks from you.

Yoccos putting in some work lately. Thanks again for all of the excellent feedback. I am learning a ton about these sticks from you.

Thanks man. Ive gone a little different route with how ive split up practice and its helping. These irons flat out perform. The turf interaction impresses me more each time out.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Shot from todays round. Was having a hell of a time with my irons until i realized my alignment was all jacked up and I was hitting the ball exactly where I was aimed. Sometimes I really struggle with this. Anyway here you go.

Shot from todays round. Was having a hell of a time with my irons until i realized my alignment was all jacked up and I was hitting the ball exactly where I was aimed. Sometimes I really struggle with this. Anyway here you go.

this is my problem more times than not

Played Sunday and didnt score too well. It was one of those rounds where I couldnt put two good shots together for a good hole. That said I hit the RXT's probably better then any round so far this year. Sometimes it was after hitting one fat haha. My best shot with the RXT's was this one below. Par 3 playing about 190 ish. Hit 5 iron. Everything was soft so balls were plugging pretty bad all day.

Spoiler
f6ed22e3.jpg

Then I found this after hitting a nice drive on 10 and hitting 9 iron into the green. Came up just short and in the bunker. My ball is there trust me.

Spoiler
77d7fe27.jpg

I was able to punch it out but only about 4 feet and it didnt make it onto the green. Frustrating round.

Ouch! Tough break Kmac. I hate it when that happens.

Geez OEM that's a horrible break. Nice shot on the par 3 though. Glad you are seeing some success with your Callaway irons.

Nice shot on that par 3 Kmac, tough break on that bunker though, wow!

Yeah the RXT's rocked again all weekend for me. I played with a guy with a lower hdcp that I who was playing Burner 2.0 irons (which I have and moved to the RXTs from) and we had a long conversation about what was better about the RXT's and he is now heavily into ponder mode after seeing how much the RXT's have helped my ball flight. Every time I wanted to manipulate my flight higher or lower it's just a piece of cake. This dude was pretty impressed with what he saw out of the RXT's.

Tough break KMac but it's great to see you finding a groove. That's all it takes.

OEM, it looks like you might have needed a shovel to fix your divot on the green. Great shot in there, too bad it didn't release for you.

K....what club did you use on that bunker shot?

think I would have used like an 8 iron....that shot had to hurt.

OEM, it looks like you might have needed a shovel to fix your divot on the green. Great shot in there, too bad it didn't release for you.

Yeah it was like that all day. Plug city and then major divot repair. I played the Pentas that day and actually had one par 3 where it hit hopped out of the divot and then backed up into the divot. lol. The guys I was playing with got a kick out of that one.

I think I used the SW and swung it HAM

So i have just got back from the Callaway Demo day....as i thought, the shafts are wrong in my irons...

The numbers said it all and the RAZR X Tour's had a 3* dispertion compared to 13* on my nikes and they went 10 yards further....!!!!

Also should be playing half inch short not a full inch as i currently have...

The only negative was the feel. I found them a bit hollow feeling (best way i can think of describing it), but im sure i would get used to it....they certainly sit nice behind the ball though.

Also the RAZR Hawk added 10 yards to my drives. Felt like a fishing rod though it was so long, was also fading it rather than the straight/draw with my current stick. Irons are a priority so this will have to wait.

A little other update on these bad boys!

Razr X Irons:
Hitting these extremely well. The dispersion is nice and distance is something I don't have to worry about! I'm a lot more comfortable with the 6,7,8,9 than my others just because they seem to stay straighter. The PW and AW I do have a tendency to go left which I'll account for when I aim. Really love the feel and forgiveness. I don't want to jinx myself but the right side of the course is out of play unless I push a shot. My big miss is just getting too handsy.

Wanted to give some more feedback from the Morgan Cup. Now I don't have hole by hole breakdown but here are some observations:

6i-8i:
I'm more confident with these clubs than the 9i-AW. Reason being I hardly ever seem to mishit these. Best part is they fly high and land soft. Awesome clubs and I cannot wait to keep at it with these. They worked extremely well in the Florida wind and surprised me how well they stayed true to my average distances even with wind factoring in. I was surprised in a good way. Real solid contact all weeked with these. Had some directional issues but that's solely on me.

9i-AW:
I really don't hit these bad if that makes sense. I hit them well and around center of the clubface but I have a tendencey to pull and hook them. Probably a simple fix. not worried about it at all and even learned to hit these out of the florida fairway bunkers. Had a great weekend with these and always seemed to be going right at the pin.

Now, some people ask if you can work these. OEM showed me some really cool things this weekend. Actually found some success on course, with not practice moving the balls left and right on command. he can verify this. Really fun to do actually haha. Anyway, so yes, workability is an option :)

I may be looking at adding the Razr X Tours to my stable soon!

Nice work yoccos! I think the RXT's were meant for you dude. They performed wonderfully on those tighter bermuda fairways in Florida. I actually played the Par 3's quite well over the course of the weekend.

good stuff Yoccos...

I hit my irons decent last week. I really had issues with the 5 iron. To the point where JB asked me why I don't switch to a hybrid. They worked great from the rough and fairway and provided plenty of distance. I did have one massive shank that was pretty funny. Even with forgiveness when you shank the ball it turns out rotten. After hitting them side by side I am still happy that I decided to go with the Razr X irons instead of the tour.

Back