Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

I am loving the X-Hot and the Miyazaki C Kua pull from last years Cleveland Classic, that combo seems to be very good for me. Only missed one fairway today. Missed it by less than 2 Yards but I hit a cart path and it was in the woods enough that I could only punch out. I am really gaining confidence in this driver.

Glad to hear it DD! You hitting a pretty high ball with that combo?

I love this driver. 337 yard par 4 tiger woods commercial ball hit up front and rolled by the guys putting. Ice jacked!

Dude, that is just crazy. You and I are not even playing the same game at this point.

X-Hot treated me pretty well over the weekend. Hit a good number of fairways. Had a few get away from me. As I got tired yesterday I started finding the heel and it's not terribly forgiving there in my opinion. I've yet to find a driver that really is though.

It's early in the year bro. Just think of how well you will be hitting it when you knock off the winter rust and get back into playing shape.

Glad to hear it DD! You hitting a pretty high ball with that combo?

Fairly high but with my slow s/s that is not a bad thing, our fairways are pretty wet right now so carry is the name of the game.

Missed only 2 FWs today with it and one was by about a yard, the bad miss was when I tried to hit it hard into the wind and it sliced the wind pushed it about 20 yards right of the line I was aiming. Luckily the course was wide open to the right on that hole.

For the most part I get a nice high ball as well. I've enjoyed it so far.

Went to a driver fitting last night and the X-Hot Pro may be going in the bag soon. What a great combination of length and accuracy. Hopefully, I will have the full write-up done tonight but not sure if I will have time.

Someone call the cops. My X-Hot murdered a bunch of golf balls last night.

DawgDaddy was pipe lining this sucker all day long! I don't recall him missing a single fairway and he hits it long too. It was fun watching him hit fairway after fairway :clapp:

DawgDaddy was pipe lining this sucker all day long! I don't recall him missing a single fairway and he hits it long too. It was fun watching him hit fairway after fairway :clapp:

Thanks buddy, I did miss two fairways. The first hole I landed in the fairway but rolled about 20 feet left and was about 2 feet in the rough. #5 was a horrible over swing that started a comedy of errors on that hole (my triple for the day) but I was a good 10 yards into the rough and would have been even had I not hit that huge bush. I do have confidence with the X-Hot for sure.

Demo day at my club today. I have been playing my xhot for two months and generally love it. I live on the coast on an oleander and play in continuous breeze and feel like I get it a bit high. Too high. My miss is big pop fly fade/ slice. I asked the pro and callaway fitter to recommend some ideas after they saw my flight. Wind was rolling 10-15 with a threatening drizzle so no launch monitor. Callaway fitter started playing with shafts and after three different options we went to oban devotion 7 05 flex. Flight was nice low peircing with lots of roll misses were tighter still with a right fade but not the big lazy pop fly. Yes its an upcharge but I really liked the feel and flight.
Got home and just found out this is an X stiff shaft. I am not a bomber but that really surprised me. I am a little scared of this shaft now.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Don't be afraid jschlesi, if you hit it well X stiff is simply a designation that Oban put on the shaft. Those flexes are not universal unfortunately for consumers. That is what makes Miyazaki so cool with their international flex codes.

Just seems like so much bat. Will get one and take it out in the course to see what it does for me in the real world. I would have liked to have tried the 04 flex now that I know the 05 was x flex.

Didn't have a banner day or anything with the driver on Saturday, but had enough positives to make me sort of forget the bad ones. Misses I had were just stupid pull hooks that have nothing to do with the driver. Can't hit them all perfectly I guess, but it's something I'll be focusing on during practice this week. The rough is too lush to hit into right now. I can hardly get the ball out of it, much less on target and the desired distance. Good swings produced mid-high to high draws, which is what I like to see. Equaled my longest drive on two holes, so there's a little good news.

Didn't see the point in mulling over my Morgan Cup order so this is what i'll be weilding in MB this July. Again i left Regina pick the grips

Head Chosen - XHot Pro irons
Setup - 5-pw
Grip - Golf Pride NDMC Whiteout White/Blue
Lie - Standard
Length - Standard
Shafts - True Temper Project X 95 Flighted in 5.5

this is the driver thread buddy

Ordered the oban devotion 7 in 05 flex. Only set me back $150 from Callaway. Can't wait to see how it does in the wind.

Practiced into a quartering 15mph wind from the right side tonight. Pretty much equal parts in to me and across. As Johnny Miller would say, a hook wind lol. Carried quite a few balls in the 230 range, which considering the wind and the range balls made me a happy camper. Miss was (you guessed it) a sweeping hook, but not so much the ugly pull hook that I saw yesterday. One thing about this driver is that it just is a joy to hit. The shaft has the unique quality of performing nicely on both wiener swings and when I actually put a little speed into it. Sounds great. Really reminds me of the AMP in so many ways, which is a very good thing. I still maintain that it's much more forgiving toe side than heel side, but that normally plays right into my miss.

Ordered the oban devotion 7 in 05 flex. Only set me back $150 from Callaway. Can't wait to see how it does in the wind.

is 05 the X flex?

Yes they also have a 06 which is tour x flex.

Great get there jschlesi, you will be bombing it.

I agree with you on toe hits do seem much more forgiving that those heeled shots. I am really surprised at the distance on some of those shots that I know I really missed on the toe.

Solid range day with the X Hot yesterday. A little re-dedication to some swing work paid off with a good mix of long and straight. Maybe the club I hit the best out of all of them. I'm extremely happy I was able to get this in the bag. My trajectory would probably raise a couple eyebrows because it's so high, but it just carries. My (I'm assuming) positive AoA into the ball seems to deliver a combo of high launch and low spin. I'll say again that the slightly higher spin I see from this combo is a positive for me. Probably would be the exact opposite for some others, but in my world it's right in the sweetspot.

Ball flight was a pretty tight draw, with the majority of misses being a more exaggerated version of the draw. I really didn't miss all that often, so I've got some high hopes for the weekend. Distance was very good into a 10 mph wind. I bounced some into the back wall and carried some far enough to hit it on the fly. Normally that's 250 yards, but tees were up and it was lasered at 235. Not huge numbers, but good for me.

Still believe the heel side is less forgiving, though that's where I hit when I'm swiping, so swing speed and contact are poorer with that miss.

Well since the shaft switch, all I can say is WOW.
It really woke up this club for me and I am now playing a draw of all things. I have never been able to hit a consistent draw but now I can.
The length I am seeing is incredible now that I have my driver swing grooving and coupled with the Matrix shaft, 260 carry is not even an issue and when I want to stand on one it just screams.
413 yard par 4 and after my drive I was using a 54* wedge into the green, that is a record for me.
The group I was playing with Sunday couldn't believe the amount of carry this driver was getting, it was a high flight but penetrated and just kept going. I actually hit one that I thought was a pop fly and it carried over 240.

I'm anxious to try the X Hot Pro driver as my 13* 3 Deep is nothing short of amazing. My playing partners have been commenting on the high ball flight of my 3 Deep - it almost looks like a pop up but it's carrying 255 yards. - 15 yards longer than any 3 wood I have tried(all my 3 woods have been 13.5 degrees loft for the last 15 years). I'm hoping I can a head/shaft combination with the X Hot driver that will give me a carry distance of 270 as right now my none of my 15 drivers carry much more than 260.

XHOT Pro has me in a full on hard core ponder right now. 8.5 with the PX 6.0 was unbelievable, the numbers came together as if the planets were aligned....

I you feel about the Pro the way I do about the non-pro, I think you should make the ponder a reality. The R1 was the driver I expected to play this season, but the X-Hot stole the show for me.

XHOT Pro has me in a full on hard core ponder right now. 8.5 with the PX 6.0 was unbelievable, the numbers came together as if the planets were aligned....

Haha, how funny. Stupid good this driver was today.

Lets share it for a round tomorrow!!

Back