Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

The over whelming standout in this driver is the lack of movement. I setup to hit two dead straight balls today and if they moved a yard of their line, I'd be surprised. Nice to know I can thread a needle from 280+

You sir, are an ANIMAL!

The club just does work

That, I agree with. It helps to have a Kong behind the wheel though.

Even though it hasn't ousted my XL yet, it is beyond a shadow of a doubt still THE best sounding driver out there. Blissful to hit, it just screams to the ears that it was crushed.

The over whelming standout in this driver is the lack of movement. I setup to hit two dead straight balls today and if they moved a yard of their line, I'd be surprised. Nice to know I can thread a needle from 280+
That is getting it done FK! When I hunk of threading a needle it needs to be the size of the space needle forme to even consider it an option

That, I agree with. It helps to have a Kong behind the wheel though.

Even though it hasn't ousted my XL yet, it is beyond a shadow of a doubt still THE best sounding driver out there. Blissful to hit, it just screams to the ears that it was crushed.
The sound is the other stand out for me. So unique and stable

You crushed that bad boy, hope you find the numbers you want
Soon very soon. Numbers are good, but the short grass doesn't lie

Other companies should take note. ALL of them.
In agreement there bro! I'm gaming the loudest of loud. At a covered range it's almost embarrassing to hit it.

Still playing a little game of on again off again with the X Hot Pro. Last night it was ON, hitting long and right where I wanted it. Tonight not so much, I realized what I was doing on the last hole of the night and smoked one but still waiting to reach that zone where I know that every time I tee it I'll kill the ball. It's close though. This is the longest driver I've ever hit whe the it's on, that much is true.

Still playing a little game of on again off again with the X Hot Pro. Last night it was ON, hitting long and right where I wanted it. Tonight not so much, I realized what I was doing on the last hole of the night and smoked one but still waiting to reach that zone where I know that every time I tee it I'll kill the ball. It's close though. This is the longest driver I've ever hit whe the it's on, that much is true.

Jake with an XHP gives me goosebumps.

Right now the shaft with the best spin numbers for me is the Ozik Matrix 7M3 Black Tie. Is anyone else playing this shaft in their XHP driver?

Not in the Pro head, but I play one in my standard XH 9.5. I tinkered with a few others and open setting the last 4 or 5 rounds trying to squeeze out a few more yards. The 7m3 is borderline too heavy/stiff for my swing, but it a fairway finding beast. After struggling with consistency while tinkering, I went right back to center cut when I stuck the 7m3 back in. I certainly would like 280-290 off the tee but I'm settling for the 270 or so at 70% hit with the Black Tie. No more tinkering for the summer.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try the 7M3 in at least one driver head to see how it performs. My swing speed(103-104) is down a few mph as I recover from the 4 surgery's I've had in the last 19 months. I'll going in for a fitting in a couple weeks and hoping to find a shaft/head combination that can carry longer than my XH 3Deep 3 wood!!

Definitely give it a go and report back. We're quite similar in SS so I'd be interested to see another's take on the setup also.

I ended up buying a 10.5 x hot for cheap and used it today with the B Asha. I was impressed with the club overall. It makes a nice sound and goes pretty straight. I was worried it might be too high but my ball flight was good. I honestly think I hit this better than the xtreme. It reminds me a lot of golf4life's Classic with the B Asha which was killer for me.

I like it motoo. My first thoughts were similar - wow that's high. It carries like a son a B for me though and I still get roll out. It's a good fit for me.

This came in yesterday.

Spoiler
IMG_1002_zps7dd8a206.jpg
[/URL]][/IMG]

Spoiler
IMG_1003_zps7fae75a6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler
IMG_1005_zpsc9901f11.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking good JS!

Thanks. I've got a lot going on this weekend, but I'm hoping to be able to make it to the range or play Sunday afternoon.

FYI for anyone looking to purchase. Just had this email from a dealer I was requesting pricing from. Callaway is starting a $40 instant rebate on the driver on 5/31

*update, just got my new RD catalog and the X-Hots and RAZR Fits are all $50 off May 31-June 23

pretty much seals the deal unless launch monitor numbers beg to differ...

jeff have you hit the club yet? i am interested how you like the shaft....

jeff have you hit the club yet? i am interested how you like the shaft....

I hit it a little bit Thursday. Only had a chance to hit about 20-25 balls with it, but the initial range session was really good. I was remarkably consistent with it, which if you have seen me hit a driver before, is something new. I attribute a lot of that to the shaft. It feels very stable and smooth but not boardy. The ball flight is much lower than what I usually see but still in the mid to high range--much more piercing ball flight than I am used to seeing. Maybe it's the combination of the X Hot Pro and Ahina (not just the Ahina) but it is producing a much more desirable ball flight for me than my Classic with the 72 Black or the RBZ Tour with the 7M3 I had. I tended to still hit those pretty high and get little to no roll out with them. I couldn't see where the ball was landing at the range but I think I might be able to actually get some roll out with the Ahina.

where did you get your B Asha with the adapter from? Loved my C Kua in my Z-Star and was thinking about putting the newer B Asha in my new XH

Received the Phenom shaft yesterday, installed the shaft adapter and will be trying it out at the range today to see how I like the ball flight. I am pretty excited to see how it goes.

Received the Phenom shaft yesterday, installed the shaft adapter and will be trying it out at the range today to see how I like the ball flight. I am pretty excited to see how it goes.

Looking forward to your thoughts, hopefully it's a good combo for you.

Back