Cart path only golf

Michigan Slice

This Guy Cant dance...
Reaction score
Handicap
How much is too much?

I recently got my butt kicked by 3 cart path only rounds in 2 days.

Now that the weather has turned or hopefully will very soon, we may find ourselves on soft courses playing cart path only.

Grabbing 2-3 clubs, walking out to your ball, walking to your ball to shoot yardage, walking back to the cart to grab your needed club.

At what point do you say no thanks?
If cart Path only are you walking?
Do you believe walking will save you well.... some walking?

From here on out I think 1 cart path only per day is my limit.
I also think I will walk my next cart path only round.

I feel your pain. And then you slice (right hand swing) when the cart path is on the left and pull it when it's on the right.
I think I would prefer walking unless it is a complete bog.

It sucks as in it takes longer to play the hole if you are away from the path. It does however help preserve the course in less than ideal conditions which is usually a good thing. We have some guys at my local course who apparently dont know what a cart path is as they leave ruts all over the place right up to the edge of the green sometimes.

I walk most of the time but if it's cart path only I will guaranteed walk. It sucks to walk out to your ball with a couple clubs and then realize you don't have the right one. You don't want to be slow so you either try and smoke one or layoff a bit and it usually doesn't work out so great.

I just walk on on cart path only days, I prefer to walk a round if playing by my self ne ways thou

I hate cart path only. Would rather walk if I wouldn't sink up to ankles in mud. All courses should have the paths on the right side to speed things up.

Cart path only means I'm walking for sure. I bring my push cart along on days where there's a chance of being stuck on the path.

It doesn't bother me as it happens so seldom in fla

Also, if it's CPO, I would rather just walk.

I'm a walker. Even if I HAVE to take a cart it's usually just something to carry my clubs not me. Most people I play with understand that, and don't mind it.

I'd rather walk if it's cart path only, but it doesn't bother me either when I'm riding. Just grab 2 or 3 clubs from an eyeball and hope you guessed right. GPS watch FTW when you get to your ball.

it doesn't happen that much around here....but when it does I hate it.

I really wish more people walked around here...I would invest in a Clic Gear and walk...but alas at my home course there is one group of Asian men that walk and everybody else rides

I am one that hates it. Especially if it's a hilly course! With a new knee and the other waiting for a new knee, I can't walk a course either. I don't mind if they have a 45* rule, but I usually have a handicap flag on my cart.

My fondest memory of cart path only was at Lyman Orchards. Once JB started playing with our group on the first hole he cracked what I thought was a joke about aiming for the closest part of the fairway that was next to the cart path. Sure enough every tee shot he hit hugged the side of the fairway that was closest to the cart path. Phenomenal strategy!!

Cart path only and I walk. If you're not allowed to walk (yeah, that happens) I just take my bag off the cart after the tee shot and walk to the green. Let my playing partner have the cart.

I prefer to walk always if possible.

I hate cart path only, unless I'm walking. I always grab my say 180 club to find out it's closer to 150 & trying to take 30 yards off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate cart path only. I generally pass on playing when that's the rule.

I always walk unless I play with my dad but he gets one of the flags so he can go anywhere. I hate cart path only and think it slows down play.

it doesn't happen that much around here....but when it does I hate it.

I really wish more people walked around here...I would invest in a Clic Gear and walk...but alas at my home course there is one group of Asian men that walk and everybody else rides

So why would that keep you from walking? I'll use a cart to speed up the round, but most days I prefer to walk if time permits. The extra time in between shots allows me to clear my head and prep for the next shot. In fact, all of my best rounds were shot while walking.

Last edited:
It doesn't really bother me. I walk a lot the way it is, so it's not a big deal to walk 30 yards across a fairway to get to my ball.

I agree with the masses. Prior to becoming reliant on riding I was always a walker. I don't see an issue with cart path only, as the course is trying to manage wear and tear. If I do ride and it happens to be cart path only I will be walking. It is difficult to gauge a distance from the other side of the FW.

I really dont like cartpath only either but here in denver at this time of the year you take what you can get

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I really dont like cartpath only either but here in denver at this time of the year you take what you can get

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

You can actually play in Denver at this time of year?

Back