Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

I'm looking at stuff and will let you know if I come up with anything and am able to shake this sickness. But I verified my codes work. :)

I'm in for Saturday, just need a time and place. I'm free for the day. Since some of you are north, I guess we could compromise and be in the northwest burbs like Elgin?

Depending on price and relative proximity to the city (no more than an hour or so out), I'm in.

are you near downtown? If we're fairly close to each other we could carpool.

I'm looking at stuff and will let you know if I come up with anything and am able to shake this sickness. But I verified my codes work. :)

Sounds like we got a foursome. So hack that crap out, or do whatever you gotta do, and get to the golf course!

Any specific timing work better? Earlier the better for me, at least would like to keep the tee time in the AM's.

I'd prefer late morning at the earliest so that the sun's up and it gives me time to get out there without having to leave at 6am.

I'll try and find a few things tonight and see what fits everyone. I like the earlier the better as well. I think Niquil as soon as I get home is the answer.....

I'm in for Saturday, just need a time and place. I'm free for the day. Since some of you are north, I guess we could compromise and be in the northwest burbs like Elgin?

You know if you want to play the Highlands or Bowes, I'd be all in. LOL

Yeah I'm in River north near grand and wells

I'd prefer mid morning as well. Don't want to have to wake up at 6 to go play, but at the same time, don't want to start so late that I don't get home until 4 or 5. A 10a tee time +/- an hour is usually best for me.

What's up guys? I need a few more rounds to get into form for Sarasota next month so I hope to play with some Chicago peeps in the interim. Hopefully the weather will hold up for a while longer.

Hope your trip went well. I'd love to play, but prep-ing for a 2 week trip in Copenhagen, and the flight is Saturday night, so I'm out. Hope you guys play well

I'm keeping my fingers-crossed that the weather will hold-up for at least a couple of weeks into November; my next opportunity to play is the weekend of 16-Nov. :angry:

I was just wondering since the weather forecast for this weekend is pretty poor. Would anyone be interested in a simulator round at Golf Nation in Palatine?
http://www.golfnation.us/contact/home.html
I've heard good things about them.

Yeah it's looking like Sunday might actually be better. I could play then too, although would prefer a bit earlier in the morning so I can get home for football.

I might be down for a sunday round. Where you guys thinking of playing?

I might be down for a sunday round. Where you guys thinking of playing?

I could play anywhere close ish to the city. Within an hour drive max. I really like Sunset Valley in Highland park but might be tough still to get a tee time in the morning.

I could do either day, but Sunday would have to be much earlier; 7-7:30. Not missing the Bears game. Derek is unsure right now, he's still pretty sick...

Looking at Foss Park as a potential option right now. There rate is $30 with a cart.

ok, so who's interested in Saturday and who's Sunday? I'm open Saturday all day whereas Sunday I have a softball game in the AM and wouldn't be able to play until close to noon (there's alos the Bears game but I'm willing to play regardless). I'm thinking 10AM-ish on Saturday. Sunday I'm available after 11 if it's an hour or less from the city. Noon if farther.

We can start figuring out places once I see who's in. We can compromise based on our respective locations so that we all travel a reasonable distance.

ok, so who's interested in Saturday and who's Sunday? I'm open Saturday all day whereas Sunday I have a softball game in the AM and wouldn't be able to play until close to noon (there's alos the Bears game but I'm willing to play regardless). I'm thinking 10AM-ish on Saturday. Sunday I'm available after 11 if it's an hour or less from the city. Noon if farther.

We can start figuring out places once I see who's in. We can compromise based on our respective locations so that we all travel a reasonable distance.

In for both or either day. I'm flexible.

In for Saturday, probably out Sunday. However, if Sunday works better for others, by all means go ahead. I'll still find a way out Saturday :D

Let's nail down some courses. On Saturday, highland park, sunset valley or deerpath are in between us. I've heard nice things about highland park and josh mentioned sunset. On Sunday, are you guys cool with around noon? We'd be going west that day so maybe kozmo can recommend a nice course for us. We could reasonably do something between Schaumburg to Naperville (anything west to north west really).

Let's nail down some courses. On Saturday, highland park, sunset valley or deerpath are in between us. I've heard nice things about highland park and josh mentioned sunset. On Sunday, are you guys cool with around noon? We'd be going west that day so maybe kozmo can recommend a nice course for us. We could reasonably do something between Schaumburg to Naperville (anything west to north west really).

Never played HP or Deerpath. Sunset Valley is a great course still in great shape for the season. I'd be open to playing any of them. I know Sunset Valley is $33 plus $17 for a cart, so it's a pretty good deal. However, I'm not sure we could get a foursome on tomorrow since I think they protect teetimes before noon on weekends.

HP has a 9:10 and 10:00 tee time on golfnow.
Deerpath has a 9:36 and 10:40.
Sunset Valley has a 10:39.

If we did one of those three courses, I like the 9 tee times or the 10:00.

Well the 10:00 just got booked, gone now...

Back