Choi's longest iron at the Masters is a 7 iron

Choi's longest iron at the Masters is a 7 iron

• was this interesting?

Votes: 25 92.6%
  • was it relevant to the group?

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
But Jack played blades and workabilitied the ball a lot more- so his seriousness makes up for it.

Is that even a word? LOL

Longest iron in my bag is a 6 iron. Maybe I need to change it out to a hybrid as well.:bulgy-eyes:

Yeah Miyagi from the Karate Kid, not Happy Days
I think he's like Mr Miyagi intense. Not really vocal, but hardcore. Either way, I just like that he's hybrid-ing it up out there. Makes me feel like not such a loser when I think about putting my 5h back in the bag.

He'd warm you over if he had a Godzilla head cover on his driver....actually that'd be a must have for me....off to ebay!
I think you need a bunch of hybrids if you're taking on some LPGA chicks.

I'm not a KJ fan, he's like a unemotional robot out there.

:bicker: How did the guys playing cavity backs and adjustable driver even qualify? Dang hacker tour players!

Adjustable drivers are cool, if you adjust it to as little loft and as open clubface as possible. Otherwise it's for newbs.

Adjustable drivers are cool, if you adjust it to as little loft and as open clubface as possible. Otherwise it's for newbs.

I knew I liked you for a reason. I personally have my driver open 19° to ensure maximum workability and lowest possible ball flight.

And of course the ability to change shafts is really good, so you can a) have a ton of spare shafts and b) keep up to date with what's the newest XXXX-stiff shaft.

I personally have my driver open 19° to ensure maximum workability and lowest possible ball flight.

Yeah that's really good. And if you wanna hit a draw, just flip the wrists a bit. So easy.

I skimmed the thread but couldn't find this - what irons is he playing? Also, did you see that Yang's longest iron is a 6 iron and he's playing hybrids too?

If it's legal and it works, do it. Interesting to see some players taking a very different approach to golf with regards to their equipment.

I skimmed the thread but couldn't find this - what irons is he playing? Also, did you see that Yang's longest iron is a 6 iron and he's playing hybrids too?

Ping i15s

I knew I liked you for a reason. I personally have my driver open 19° to ensure maximum workability and lowest possible ball flight.

Sounds like a great way to play the wind.......

I hit it lower than anyone and curently carry down to a 6 iron. I have been looking for a 27* hybrid to test, but am having trouble finding one with a stiff shaft .

It is all about the abilty to stop the ball quickly for me as I hit the 6 fine now.

I think he's like Mr Miyagi intense. Not really vocal, but hardcore. Either way, I just like that he's hybrid-ing it up out there. Makes me feel like not such a loser when I think about putting my 5h back in the bag.

So, after reading this thread, I admit that I pondered putting the 5h back in my bag. I can hit the 5i, but I don't hit it as high or consistently as my 5h and I was wondering why I keep telling myself I need to game a 5 iron. In the end, it's not about what clubs I'm playing, but about what clubs help me out.

I was so glad that I did. I hit two GIR and was sitting on the fringe of another with it yesterday. Two of them were trouble spots that I was really glad to have a hybrid for. One in particular was behind a giant pine tree in the rough and trying to hit an uphill green. Ball got up FAST, went over the tree and dropped on the green. Made my day and I wouldn't have even considered it with the 5 iron.

Back