Cincinnati Chili is the Best Chili

It was really good. Definitely different than Skyline to me. Subtle differences but different
It's so fun to taste all the subtle differences amongst the local chili parlors

Oh man. Delicious

Oh man. Delicious
There is a local parlor, Blue Ash Chili, right by a golf course I want to play in '24. If you can make a day of it we will have to get an afternoon tee time with chili dinner after.

Welp, know what dinner is tonight
IMG_7335.jpeg

Homemade 3way and Cheese Coney.
Love seeing this thread bumped bc it almost always results in unplanned Skyline meal.

There is a local parlor, Blue Ash Chili, right by a golf course I want to play in '24. If you can make a day of it we will have to get an afternoon tee time with chili dinner after.
Do you even have to ask?

How's the stuff from the can compare to what you get at the restaurant?
Not as good but close, the longer you simmer the can the closest you can get to restaurant version. Definitely go can over frozen imho.

One of the bigger items is the restaurant has really finely grated cheese. That helps with home preparation.

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
How's the stuff from the can compare to what you get at the restaurant?
Tastes exactly the same to me if I’m honest. Like Scoob says let it simmer a while. That also helps to make it a bit thicker which I enjoy.

When I order at the restaurant I always go “dry” that’s where they drain off a lot of the liquid and that leaves you with a more meaty chili sauce.

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
I mean, Jason Kelce having Cincinnati chili on his last meal request list is quite the statement

Went penne for this 3 way

IMG_0953.jpeg

Ok, have one jar of chili left. Need to try the pasta and I need to order more.
Skyline? If so, definitely go 4-5 way.
Chili
pasta
cheese
beans
onions

Skyline? If so, definitely go 4-5 way.
Chili
pasta
cheese
beans
onions
Yep, skyline. Ordered it to try from this thread and to try a coney. Love this stuff.

Yep, skyline. Ordered it to try from this thread and to try a coney. Love this stuff.
It’s amazing.
Yeah do it up with pasta and it will blow your mind haha

Been really good with my diet this week. I desperately needed these to feel human again. 🤣

IMG_8068.jpeg

With the hot cheese 🔥

PSA: Today is national chili day.

Choose wisely.

PSA: Today is national chili day.

Choose wisely.
Oh it will be happening.
Moderation of course, but it will be happening.

1708608452146.png

I found the absolute best bowl of chili at this steakhouse in the little town of Moulton Texas. Unlike the putrid brown paste that you guys "think" is chili, this is full of steak that has been sliced by hand. If you ever find yourself in Texas and want to taste real chili that is actually good I will buy you a bowl and a beer.

• Eye Roll
Reactions: JB
Back