Cleveland 588 RTX Wedge Preview Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has a full preview of the newest wedge from Cleveland Golf. The 588 RTX. Check it out here.

http://bit.ly/VTu64b

Been waiting to see these and not disappointed in the least! Will be exciting comparing these to the J40's that I enjoyed so much.

Definitely like where Cleveland is headed with the Rotex face and bringing it to all the wedges.

Cleveland always seems to offer sharp looking wedges that perform; these seem to be no exception.

I like the sole being like the cg15, that was the Cleveland wedge I seemed to have the best luck with.

S-Sole vs DSG?!? Whats the difference?

Tapping away on my S3

Must resist changing wedges again. These look awesome. 16% larger grooves? YES PLEASE! I need all the help I can get with spin.

With moving the current 588's so much, I can wait to give these a shot. Look great like all other Cleveland wedges!

Classic styling to this wedge, clean lines. I know it's gonna spin like the dickens

S-Sole vs DSG?!? Whats the difference?

Tapping away on my S3

DSG cuts away the entire flange whereas the S sole is thick near the heel and semi tapers off near the toe. Kinda like a gradual DSG that only fades into the toe of the wedge.

TTing

This is what I have been most anticipating. I love the RTX CB I have in the bag right now, but truth be told, I love a blade style wedge. Marry the two together, and I think I have found the perfect wedge for my game!

With the combo sets that could be created with a MT/TT set, the 48* RTX CB paired with a few RTX MBs could be the ticket.

I'm curious who's been playing these. Cleveland alluded to Bradley using Rotex technology at the TOC.

I have been waiting to see these. they look great!

With all the great things heard separately, now added together into one wedge, should be a winner.

Very cool. Classic looking wedges with a new face. I like them.

Interesting that they went away from the Tour Concept shaft...any reason why? I thought it was great in the 50* 588 I played last year.

I really like these. The talk of the S Sole has me interested.

Yeah, I am kind of wondering if they will play similar to the Scors.

I really like the looks of these wedges a lot. They seem to have softened some of the edges and this "Inspired by Cleveland Golf’s popular CG15 wedge, preferred by Tour players and amateurs alike. Wider sole width near the heel, narrow sole width near the toe improves bunker performance without sacrificing versatility" REALLY makes me like what I'm seeing. I absolutely loved the CG15 wedge, one of my favorites of all time in fact.

Having gamed some Cleveland wedges a long time ago, I may have to add some of these to my collection at some point in the future.

I really like the looks of these wedges a lot. They seem to have softened some of the edges and this "Inspired by Cleveland Golf’s popular CG15 wedge, preferred by Tour players and amateurs alike. Wider sole width near the heel, narrow sole width near the toe improves bunker performance without sacrificing versatility" REALLY makes me like what I'm seeing. I absolutely loved the CG15 wedge, one of my favorites of all time in fact.
wow jake, well said. This was my thoughts as well. These wedges have me excited.

Yeah, I am kind of wondering if they will play similar to the Scors.

Ive been wondering this as well from looking at the mycustomwedge site and their other grinds.

I just ordered mine on Monday with kbs shafts to compliment my 825p that I ordered also .

Clean, clean, clean, clean!

Back