Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

I'm jealous you guys are getting to hit these and I won't have the chance until Friday.

Good to hear they are giving you nice results.

I think one of my favorite things about these irons is how easily the flow in and out of the sets with each other. Having the 5 and 6 MT irons in the bag, I never once thought about it being from another set... they blend THAT well with each other. If you handed a mix set of the TT/MT irons to most golfers, they wouldnt realize they had a blended set. Such a nice option to have.

I think one of my favorite things about these irons is how easily the flow in and out of the sets with each other. Having the 5 and 6 MT irons in the bag, I never once thought about it being from another set... they blend THAT well with each other. If you handed a mix set of the TT/MT irons to most golfers, they wouldnt realize they had a blended set. Such a nice option to have.

That is really sweet.
I've considered a 4h 5h 6,7,8 MT 9, Pw, DW in the TT

War Eagle - thanks for all the thoughts and answering questions! You have me stoked to try these out as even though I was hitting the DPC's really well yesterday I still want a bit more forgiveness and I think the entire combo set will work extremely well for me. I would not shut up about them yesterday with afwcardinal and capt. dru!!

That is really sweet.
I've considered a 4h 5h 6,7,8 MT 9, Pw, DW in the TT

This is VERY much on my radar except maybe 4,5,6 being ALT. This Friday can't come fast enough when fittings finally become available through retailers on these.

War Eagle - thanks for all the thoughts and answering questions! You have me stoked to try these out as even though I was hitting the DPC's really well yesterday I still want a bit more forgiveness and I think the entire combo set will work extremely well for me. I would not shut up about them yesterday with afwcardinal and capt. dru!!

This is VERY much on my radar except maybe 4,5,6 being ALT. This Friday can't come fast enough when fittings finally become available through retailers on these.

He's not lying. He is very excited about these things clubs. He definitely brought up my interest too.

Interesting enough Cookie, I tried again to hit the Altitudes yesterday, and just can't. Miss after moss after miss. It is baffling.

Nice writeup War. You have me wanting to hit these

Spent some tome in the Sim today at GG with these irons. Dont know how they had the TT in stock but I wasnt complaining. Snagged a few pics for comparison between the xHot Pro irons (2 sets im considering)

Tapping away on my S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360618784972.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360618784972.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360618799742.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360618799742.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360618819666.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360618819666.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360618852679.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360618852679.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 0
Spent some tome in the Sim today at GG with these irons. Dont know how they had the TT in stock but I wasnt complaining. Snagged a few pics for comparison between the xHot Pro irons (2 sets im considering)

Tapping away on my S3

Awesome, thanks!

Tapping away on my S3

I think I know by don't want to assume. Which irons are which in the photos?

I think I know by don't want to assume. Which irons are which in the photos?

TT's have the 2 white stripes on the ferrule.

Thanks. That's what I thought. They look smaller than the x hot pros. That surprises me.

They are pretty darn close in size and although it doesnt look in pics the X hot is a hair smaller, you really have to see them in person to differentiate. The TT's have a noticeablly larger top line and has a pointier top leading edge as opposed the the more rounded toe on the X Hot's.

The TT's were larger than anticipated with a nice offset and the PW pictured had a nice deep undercut cavity the flowed through the set. Its hard to describe the feel but the first think that came in mind was the CG16 Tour irons but a touch softer. Had a more solid sound and feel at impact than the XHP. One thing I would want to do is hit the TT's again but with a different shaft other than the stock Traction lite 85

Tapping away on my S3

They are pretty darn close in size and although it doesnt look in pics the X hot is a hair smaller, you really have to see them in person to differentiate. The TT's have a noticeablly larger top line and has a pointier top leading edge as opposed the the more rounded toe on the X Hot's.

The TT's were larger than anticipated with a nice offset and the PW pictured had a nice deep undercut cavity the flowed through the set. Its hard to describe the feel but the first think that came in mind was the CG16 Tour irons but a touch softer. Had a more solid sound and feel at impact than the XHP. One thing I would want to do is hit the TT's again but with a different shaft other than the stock Traction lite 85

Tapping away on my S3

u just answered my question, was going to ask if they were a similar size to the CG16's.

u just answered my question, was going to ask if they were a similar size to the CG16's.

Well as far as feel, yes, the lineage is deffinitely there bbetween the CG16 Tour. As far as size goes, the TT may be slightly larger

Tapping away on my S3

Thanks for that post, X.Man. I think they look pretty darn good.

I feel a lot of folks prejudged the size of the TT irons based on pictures, but compared to many other sets coming out this year, they are right on size with them. Top line is a bit thicker than other offerings, but I find them to be perfect when looking down at address.

I liked this picture compared to the XHPs...

attachment.php

Seems to me like they fit right in with the 588 line up. Sort of a transition iron before you move into the CB's. I wish they were available last year!

Seems to me like they fit right in with the 588 line up. Sort of a transition iron before you move into the CB's. I wish they were available last year!
Definitely, Hawk. They fall right in line with the CBs.

The blended sets flow soooo good in to each other.

I feel a lot of folks prejudged the size of the TT irons based on pictures, but compared to many other sets coming out this year, they are right on size with them. Top line is a bit thicker than other offerings, but I find them to be perfect when looking down at address.

I liked this picture compared to the XHPs...

attachment.php

thanks for the picture. When I heard TT, I was thinking they would be slimmer like the CB's were. Like I mentioned they were a little bigger then I thought, but that wasn't a bad thing. I'm hoping to give them a shot in the near future.

Quote from Troy Kelly that just put these in the bag after just a few range sessions.

"I’ve also liked the 588 TT irons so far. I’ve always been used to playing a little bigger iron with offset, and these don’t have quite as much offset but they’ve still been really good for me."

Quote from Troy Kelly that just put these in the bag after just a few range sessions.

"I’ve also liked the 588 TT irons so far. I’ve always been used to playing a little bigger iron with offset, and these don’t have quite as much offset but they’ve still been really good for me."

I like that quote a lot. Not something you hear regularly on the internet. Offset as been something that really has never bothered me. I find myself liking irons that have a little bigger build like the VRS Forged.

Was just looking at the Specs of these things because these things will most likely be in my bag since the TC's won't be available. I noticed that they are a full club stronger then the MB and CB lines. This changes things for me. Gonna have to go back and re-think my bag if I can't have the MB's or TC's in bag.

War, I know who've hit them. Did you notice that they were a full club stronger in loft?

I don't understand why you aren't looking at the CB's? Also, why can't you have the MB's in the bag?

Was just looking at the Specs of these things because these things will most likely be in my bag since the TC's won't be available. I noticed that they are a full club stronger then the MB and CB lines. This changes things for me. Gonna have to go back and re-think my bag if I can't have the MB's or TC's in bag.

War, I know who've hit them. Did you notice that they were a full club stronger in loft?
A full club stronger in loft compared to what? They are only 1* stronger in loft than my J40 DPCs.

Back