Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

I like! I think when people heard TT (tour trajectory) they thought they make look a bit more playerish. IMO, the 588 MB's and CB's are the player series and these are all definitely in that GI line. I am thinking 8 or 9 through DW in these will make it into the bag.

I agree, they are more of a GI than a players iron without being to big

Thats what I have loved about my R11's. the forgiveness but not clunky. And these look like they would offer just that.

I wonder what the AMP Cell irons are in offset. They reminded me of the R11's.

War I bet these would be a good jump from the DPC

I'm liking the looks of these, currently playing the R11's and I think these can be a good transition.
Ready to hit them though

Thanks for the in hand pics. I like the looks of these, but I don't love them. Maybe seeing them in person will help. They are definitely a little bigger than I expected.

Love what Cleveland has done with their entire line up of clubs this year, especially the irons. Srtongly considering updating my 6 year old Mizzy's this year and could definitely see myself playing a mixed set of the CB's and the TT's. Really anxious to check these out!

JB, Can you compare these in size to any of the other current irons (Cleveland or other brands)?

Wow, absolutely gorgeous!

I'm liking the looks of these, currently playing the R11's and I think these can be a good transition.
Ready to hit them though

I'm in the same boat as you and One-T comparing them closely to the R11s. Will be interested to see them both side by side. I'm considering the MTs in the longer irons, as the 4 & 5 of my R11s are my most inconsistent.

These definitely have some Z-star DNA in them. I hope they perform like the Srixon's as I cant wait for these to be released. I could see a chunk of my tax return going to a mixed set of these. 4/5/6 in mt and 7-pw in tt. I have built up sets on the Cleveland website already with different shafts and combos of clubs.

Sounds like your all ready for your new clubs. Looks like 2/15 release date on the TT. Cleveland sure has a nice lineup.
These definitely have some Z-star DNA in them. I hope they perform like the Srixon's as I cant wait for these to be released. I could see a chunk of my tax return going to a mixed set of these. 4/5/6 in mt and 7-pw in tt. I have built up sets on the Cleveland website already with different shafts and combos of clubs.

Those are pretty sharp. Look old school.

These are going to be range tested tomorrow.

Looking forward to your feedback on both the TT and MT line an d how well they pair togther as combo set!

Have a good round bud!

Tapping away on my S3

these are the ones that most interest me of the ones released. Although a blended set could be a fantastic make up. Either way looking forward to the early reviews

these are the ones that most interest me of the ones released. Although a blended set could be a fantastic make up. Either way looking forward to the early reviews
As am I! Im still thinking that the long irons of the MTs could be a nice addition, but these in the short irons are a definite for me, I do believe.

As am I! Im still thinking that the long irons of the MTs could be a nice addition, but these in the short irons are a definite for me, I do believe.

I'm not sure which way I would lean.

Im really interested to hear your thoughts about these compared to the beloved Z-Stars. Each time I ponder new irons I keep coming back to the question of "what are these going to give me that my Z-Stars don't already give me."

Eh? You mean you think you would go MTs?

The more I have average/below average ball striking days the more I lean to these over the TT's. With the ability of a combo set, a proper fitting is a MUST! Big guessing game right now, but I definitely want to hit them all outside on a range.

The more I have average/below average ball striking days the more I lean to these over the TT's. With the ability of a combo set, a proper fitting is a MUST! Big guessing game right now, but I definitely want to hit them all outside on a range.

Do you mean lean towards the MTs? I'm interested to see the side by sides to see how much of a difference there is visually.

Do you mean lean towards the MTs? I'm interested to see the side by sides to see how much of a difference there is visually.

Sorry, yes towards the MT's. After seeing the in hand photos though the difference between these sets seems to be desired trajectory and less about forgiveness. I think this entire line may fall into that GI category while the 588 CB's and MB's get into that GE area.

I realize there are differences across the line but it does not begin to approach the CB's or MB's from what I can tell. I think many thought the TT's were going to be a bit smaller in both the top line and heel to toe length than they actually are for example.

Sorry, yes towards the MT's. After seeing the in hand photos though the difference between these sets seems to be desired trajectory and less about forgiveness. I think this entire line may fall into that GI category while the 588 CB's and MB's get into that GE area.

I realize there are differences across the line but it does not begin to approach the CB's or MB's from what I can tell. I think many thought the TT's were going to be a bit smaller in both the top line and heel to toe length than they actually are for example.

Good thoughts Cookie. I agree on the fitting, that is the way I will decide as well. I wonder how much the trajectory between both sets will differ based on different shaft choices too.

Good thoughts Cookie. I agree on the fitting, that is the way I will decide as well. I wonder how much the trajectory between both sets will differ based on different shaft choices too.

No doubt that shafts can play a big part but just based on the COG on each set with all things being equal with stock shaft it should be ALT as highest then MT and TT. But like you said, different shafts can change all of that and fitting is key.

It's fun yet a challenge to think about as the options are almost endless with the blended set opportunities.

I know the lofts are the same and the interview said it was all taken into account but I am still very curious to see if consistent gapping can be maintained going from say the ALT 6i to the MT 7i and then the MT 9i to the TT PW as an example.

After 9 holes, I am fairly certain which irons will be in my Morgan Cup bag.

Long irons of Mt, mid and short irons Tt.

I am very, very impressed with what I am seeing out of these. Trajectory and ball flight is perfect, and distance is easily a club longer for me.

I am very, very impressed with what I am seeing out of these. Trajectory and ball flight is perfect, and distance is easily a club longer for me.
Nice War. Will they help you win some $1 bills

Glad you're getting a chance to swing them buddy!! A lot of similarities to other lines we are familiar with? How's the forgiveness and workability?

Glad these irons are working out for you, the club longer than j40 is intriguing

Back