Cleveland CBX4 Wedges Review

Another day of hitting my number with the CBX4 on full-ish swings. I’m either on a heater or becoming a believer in the performance of these.

I did underestimate how well the sole can move through a bunker. I thought with the bigger footprint I wouldnt be able to slap the sand like I do with a RTX. I was completely wrong as it was able to work though the same brilliantly.

My custom ordered 56 finally showed up the other day. Haven't played it yet on the course, but been able to spend a few hours with it chipping around my backyard. Loving it thus far!

Attachments

• tempImage9kxfjk.png
    tempImage9kxfjk.png
    709.5 KB · Views: 4
I holed out with my 52* yesterday from 100 yds. Lovely.

There continues to be a theme of hitting one somewhere not ideal on the face and hitting my number. It’s a lot of fun.

I’ve own and played every cbx wedge love the first one the best and still have it but this model is really good feels little lighter than the first you can do everything you need with these wedges bump and run or open and go high I have the 54 and no need for a 60 I’m not wedge guy but with these I can do a lot of things I couldn’t before

I don't think I could have hit these any worse last week if I'd tried 😂 Just a truly spectacular failure of my short game ability in every way. No wedge in the world could have saved me from myself.

I don't think I could have hit these any worse last week if I'd tried 😂 Just a truly spectacular failure of my short game ability in every way. No wedge in the world could have saved me from myself.
Why you need bring logic to this? :ROFLMAO:

Why you need bring logic to this? :ROFLMAO:
It was so, so bad. I actually had a fantastic range session and initial short game area warmup. Feeling amazing about it. Then somewhere in the middle of my first round I hit a straight toe-shank and it was gone. I ended up just using the putter for everything inside 60 yards lol. Stupid golf.

Anyone playing these in the stronger lofts? If the consistency I am seeing with the 54 continues with the 50 I will be giving a long look at something in the 40's.

Anyone playing these in the stronger lofts? If the consistency I am seeing with the 54 continues with the 50 I will be giving a long look at something in the 40's.

My ZX5 PW is 44*. I have a 48* CBX4 that’s perfect for gapping. As I use it mostly as a full swing club- then my 52 and 56 for short game work…

The only thing I might have changed was getting the same shaft as my PW - as it’s mostly a full swing club.

A little bit of chipping action tonight to get used to the 50 deg. It doesn’t present big behind the ball at all imho.

IMG_8342.jpeg

Although if I keep this strike point I should have gone RTX…
IMG_8343.jpeg

(spoiler: I can’t, lol)

These things look so nice brand new.
right? this iteration was so well done from a look and feel perspective

Been a long time Vokey user. I recently switched to more of a GI iron (which has done wonders for my game) and thinking of using 48 and 54 degree GI wedges. I just drop off too much on a less than perfect swing with my SM10 wedges. There are so many versions of the CBX and some with full face. I worry how they are in tight fairway lies with the thicker soles. Looking for feedback on this and what version do you recommend and why? Also, how are they on distance control with full shots, three quarter shots, punch shots, and low spinners. Can you open up a 54 play it back in your stance and hit a two hopper that stops? Is their toe relief to raise hands and hit the short chips? How are they from bunkers?

Back