Cleveland CBX4 Wedges Review

I didn’t study the other guys wedges enough. That grind looks much more appealing to me than on my 56.
It should be pretty close to mirroring the V sole on the irons. 56 has the S.

I think this is the 50, which has the same sole.
1706185589976.png

What was the rationale for naming the Fullface CBX Full-Face 2 vs. CBX4 Fullface?
Was it renamed? The FF version was what they dropped last year, so it was technically part of the Zipcore line iirc.

I have the CBX2 wedges, hard to imagine improving on those.
Not saying you have to run out to switch by any means, but when it's time for new ones I think these are quite a bit better.

Not saying you have to run out to switch by any means, but when it's time for new ones I think these are quite a bit better.
When it's time, I'll have to give these a spin (pun intended).

Really love this Zipcore 4 58 degree! Used it today mainly for chipping around the green but last shot of the day 57 yards and could only see the top of the flag. Ended up a foot away for par. These wedges are just amazing!

Really love this Zipcore 4 58 degree! Used it today mainly for chipping around the green but last shot of the day 57 yards and could only see the top of the flag. Ended up a foot away for par. These wedges are just amazing!
Love to hear it.

New 52* & 58* arrive tomorrow. Pretty stoked.

Sweet. Think you'll be able to play any time soon?
Later this week Probably. Going to Dallas in a couple of weeks to play as well.

Later this week Probably. Going to Dallas in a couple of weeks to play as well.
Nice. We've almost melted the two feet of snow that fell two weeks ago. Still a long ways out from golf though.

Nice. We've almost melted the two feet of snow that fell two weeks ago. Still a long ways out from golf though.
I actually played yesterday. It was soaking wet but I had an ok time. high of about 40. Not ideal. Going to be near 60 by the end of the week, pretty nice.

I've got a 56 inbound. Pretty excited to experience it.

I actually played yesterday. It was soaking wet but I had an ok time. high of about 40. Not ideal. Going to be near 60 by the end of the week, pretty nice.
how did the soles work in the slop

how did the soles work in the slop
Played the CBX Zipcores yesterday, get the new ones tomorrow. The Zipcores are still awesome.

The shop called that my 52* (Gina) and 56* (Sarah) arrived today. Will sneak out at lunch to pick them up and a get a quick 15 min at the short game area

These are easily, imo, the best looking CB wedges I’ve seen. In person at PGA SS today they honestly almost won me over.

These are easily, imo, the best looking CB wedges I’ve seen. In person at PGA SS today they honestly almost won me over.
They really are. Not only in hand, but at address imo. I compared against a competitor CB and it wasn't really a contest at all.

I picked them up today. Order came in 7 days. I snuck a quick 20 minutes at the short game area.

So far so good.

They feel more ‘grippy’ at impact. But I’m sure some of that is fresh grooves. The downside of the short game area at this range is the grass is fairway length, not a real green, so can’t see how the ball will spin.

Attachments

• IMG_4326.jpeg
    IMG_4326.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4329.jpeg
    IMG_4329.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back