Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

M4 is incredibly versatile and just blew the Fybrid away (for me).

that's the same transition I will be making

M4 is incredibly versatile and just blew the Fybrid away (for me).

if i had my choice i would go with the M2 and M4 setup but i have the M3, so i'm seriously considering going with it and the M2, but i desperately want to hit the M2 first, make sure that it provides a good 10-15 yards extra in distance. i'm sure it will, but i'm so hoping that it's at PGA Nat'l.

The moment I get to test these personally its a good chance one or two will go into the bag soon after.

If it tells you anything, I have the M3 and have already Pre-ordered the M1 to replace my 3W.

If I were to bag another, it would probably be either the M2 or M5. I would definitely want to spend some time with both before making that decision though.

I think the only thing that might keep someone not liking it, would be that they would not like the weight of it. I could see a few people picking it up at the store, hitting a few balls and putting it back down. When if they would just give it maybe a little more time to get used to it, it would perfect.

That's really the only way I see someone not liking this, is if that they absolutely prefer a heavier club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there been a more viewed thread than this one in the same amount of time. I just noticed this was started about 3 weeks ago and we are approaching 20,000 viewers. Cleveland has gotta be loving the buzz around the club.

Even then, a heavier shaft is an option. But I think anyone looking at this club should try the lightweight shaft at least a few times. But By far best hybrid Ive hit.

I think the only thing that might keep someone not liking it, would be that they would not like the weight of it. I could see a few people picking it up at the store, hitting a few balls and putting it back down. When if they would just give it maybe a little more time to get used to it, it would perfect.

That's really the only way I see someone not liking this, is if that they absolutely prefer a heavier club.

How long do you think it takes to adapt? I've played with my brother's G10's at the range with their lightweight shafts and I can't swing with them to save my life. Granted I've only tried them 2 or 3 times for maybe a total of 15 or 20 minutes.

How long do you think it takes to adapt? I've played with my brother's G10's at the range with their lightweight shafts and I can't swing with them to save my life. Granted I've only tried them 2 or 3 times for maybe a total of 15 or 20 minutes.

I can tell you that I hit a cleveland driver at demo day with a 39 gram shaft in it, it took me about 3-5 swings. The mashie was about the same.

Different feeling I think. I struggled with the G10 line myself because I think they are a little head heavy. It took me 1 range session to enjoy them and 2 range sessions to be dialed in.

I can tell you that I hit a cleveland driver at demo day with a 39 gram shaft in it, it took me about 3-5 swings. The mashie was about the same.

You were DIALED in! That was awesome watching you hit that one and just grin!

You were DIALED in! That was awesome watching you hit that one and just grin!

I did like that driver. I don't think that light weight shaft would not feel right on a supertri head though, I think the balance would be off.

I did like that driver. I don't think that light weight shaft would not feel right on a supertri head though, I think the balance would be off.

I played a 61 gram in my SuperTri and it felt great. The 59 gram C. Kua would not be too different. 39 gram maybe. Maybe we should take this over to the C. Kua thread though.

Different feeling I think. I struggled with the G10 line myself because I think they are a little head heavy. It took me 1 range session to enjoy them and 2 range sessions to be dialed in.

Interesting - I'll have to think about this when the ranges open up. I was finding that I had no idea where the clubhead is, and Andy was able to explain to me why since their shafts are way lighter than the ones in my SZs. So this has me a bit worried, but I guess with the heavier shafts offered, I may still be able to use the Mashie.
Then again, I plan on buying better irons in a few years, so I darn well better be able to adapt to lighter shafts!

I played a 61 gram in my SuperTri and it felt great. The 59 gram C. Kua would not be too different. 39 gram maybe. Maybe we should take this over to the C. Kua thread though.

Yes, I don't want to thread jack.

Like the others have said, it just depends. Some within a few shots, others like myself a couple range sessions. Im still not 100% comfortable with it, but im getting there, I love everything about it.

JB heard there will be a"tour" version w less offset available special order and that it won't be listed on the website. What have you heard?

JB heard there will be a"tour" version w less offset available special order and that it won't be listed on the website. What have you heard?

Im sure they will have some tour issues done for some guys on tour that have been adjusted, but according to Cleveland, they dont have a tour issue per say listed on their books. Im looking at their sell sheet and dont see one either. Could that change? Of course, has it changed already? Not that I have seen. I have heard the rumors, but I have not seen anything to say they are true as of yet.

Here is what we know about the "Tour Version". Officially there will be no Tour Version. It will not be a retail product and will not be part of their catalog. However they will be making a small amount of Mashie's for the Tour and will make those available via special order only. They will have a price of $179. The differences for the most part is offset. Same shaft will be included from what we have heard.

I can already hear some people saying "thank goodness, I cannot look down at offset"...hehe

Here is what we know about the "Tour Version". Officially there will be no Tour Version. It will not be a retail product and will not be part of their catalog. However they will be making a small amount of Mashie's for the Tour and will make those available via special order only. They will have a price of $179. The differences for the most part is offset. Same shaft will be included from what we have heard.

I can already hear some people saying "thank goodness, I cannot look down at offset"...hehe

that's so odd to me

JB, how does the offset of the Mashie compare to the Bridgestone J36's I now bag? I am very happy with them and all of this Mashie talk has lit a fire in me. I am afraid I might hook the Mashie into the left fairway if the offset is significant.

JB, how does the offset of the Mashie compare to the Bridgestone J36's I now bag? I am very happy with them and all of this Mashie talk has lit a fire in me. I am afraid I might hook the Mashie into the left fairway if the offset is significant.

Its slightly more I would say. But I dont hook it at all. In fact I only have twice in over 3 months. But people seem to believe that offset is a crutch, so Cleveland is making a special order option available for those that need it.

Less offset.. Doesn't offset just help get the ball in the air? I thought I remember reading that a few times.

Less offset.. Doesn't offset just help get the ball in the air? I thought I remember reading that a few times.

That is one thing it does rather well.

Lets keep this one to the Mashie testing though guys. We have 5 people that are raving about a club already.

Back