Cleveland Releases New 588 Wedges

Me too man! I can't wait till I can pull together the $$$ to get a set.

do you custom order or do the work yourself?

I will do the work myself. I am thinking about getting a metal stamping kit to take it even farther.

That's something I've wanted to do also.

So it's not going to be available in Black Pearl?

:disapointed:

I was wondering this myself!!!!! I thought black pearl wouldve been a great option for these.

I was wondering this myself!!!!! I thought black pearl wouldve been a great option for these.

Yep, I was bummed to read that in the post GG put up. Glare is the one complaint I have about my current set.

I have not experienced glare with satin finishes like this in the past.

Yep, I was bummed to read that in the post GG put up. Glare is the one complaint I have about my current set.

I just love seeing the immediate feedback in the center of the face :)

I really, really am just a fan of the black pearl finish. I love how it wears throughout the course of its life.

I have a satin wedge and I have no problems with glare and I live in the valley of the sun lol...Still hoping that you can customize them to be in black

I have a satin wedge and I have no problems with glare and I live in the valley of the sun lol...Still hoping that you can customize them to be in black

9 out of 10 times I dont either, but it does happen to me, especially when I play mid-day rounds. Satin is much better than the chrome of the original 588 I was playing. I was talking with a friend last night about these and his voice raised a few octaves when I told him these wedges were being retooled and released.

I had the black pearl in the CG11 and CG12 and really liked them. I would probably go with the satin finish on these. I think they look awesome and can't wait for them to be released in November.

Should have some in hand next week to start a review on.

Can't wait for in hand pix!

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Cool, I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say about them. I need to replace my 52 degree wedge as I posted earlier in this thread and I'm seriously thinking about waiting until these are out.

I meant to bump this one.
If you ever wanted to know ANYTHING about the new clubs coming out, tomorrow's THP radio show will do it for you.

If you ever wanted to know ANYTHING about the new clubs coming out, tomorrow's THP radio show will do it for you.

I cannot wait dude. I said it in the other thread but man o man!

Sweet - looking forward to another radio show as I have lots to learn!

fantastic news! I love me some 588's and I love me some THP radio...ergo I love thp radio shows talking about 588's.

:waiting::popcorn:

The custom website has me excited.

I'm intrigued... can't wait!!

I can't wait to hit one of these!

Finally got a chance to listen to the radio show and it was great. I'm now in the JB category of drooling to get these. Funny thing is I've never used or hit even an older 588 but the look of it from the unboxing video has me excited......that and the customizations that can be done when ordering them. I can say this right now mine will be the black pearl finish, I just can't wait to see all the customizations that can be done.

The email from Golfsmith today has these listed as available for pre-order. What was funny about that email is that it listed only the satin and chrome 588 wedges as available, but where a picture of the CG Black wedge was supposed to be, it had a picture of the 588 wedge in a black pearl finish.

Also interesting to me: the mycustomwedge.com site hasn't had any work done to it at all. I figured that Cleveland would have put up some information on there by now, or at least a placeholder saying "coming soon" or something like that. It strikes me as odd given that the retail wedges are close to being released....maybe the custom program is delayed, who knows.

The email from Golfsmith today has these listed as available for pre-order. What was funny about that email is that it listed only the satin and chrome 588 wedges as available, but where a picture of the CG Black wedge was supposed to be, it had a picture of the 588 wedge in a black pearl finish.

Also interesting to me: the mycustomwedge.com site hasn't had any work done to it at all. I figured that Cleveland would have put up some information on there by now, or at least a placeholder saying "coming soon" or something like that. It strikes me as odd given that the retail wedges are close to being released....maybe the custom program is delayed, who knows.

Geez I hope not. I want me some custom 588's! :D

Back