Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedges

Big part of me wishes I had three of these in the bag instead of two. It's a mental thing, but I just seem to gravitate more towards the RTX when I'm picking a club for anything less than a 3/4 swing. I think I just like how the sole and grind works with the turf better than the CBX for those types of shots. Again, probably more a mental hangup, but that's where I'm at.

im still battling on adding a 3rd in that AW spot. It’s kind of like an old fashioned hawk ponder at this point.

That's where I was at with the last gen, I couldn't merge the different soles for the touch shots, even though the 'full' swings would put me in CBX territory.

I have some RTX's 6's sitting untouched. I've been really happy with what I have but might need to at least let them get a little dirt on it.
Do it!

im still battling on adding a 3rd in that AW spot. It’s kind of like an old fashioned hawk ponder at this point.

I probably would do things a little different building this bag, but it’s all based off things you don’t know until time has passed. I really prefer the feel of the RTX. It’s on the firmer side compared to CBX, but in a good way.

I think I just might have to. If nothing else to compare grinds around the green. I went with the Full bounce on the 54 when I previously had the mid. It should be a good comparison to the Edel D-grind that is really working for me right now.

I think I just might have to. If nothing else to compare grinds around the green. I went with the Full bounce on the 54 when I previously had the mid. It should be a good comparison to the Edel D-grind that is really working for me right now.

I probably would look at full bounce if I got something in the ~50 degree range.

My wedges have been pretty good so far. I have a 54 mid bent to 55 and the 60 full. The only thing is I wish I had remembered to order the heel and toe grind on my 60 or at least the heel. That was totally my fault. I spaced when I put in my order. I do find the 60 full quite versatile even with the regular grinds.

I probably would do things a little different building this bag, but it’s all based off things you don’t know until time has passed. I really prefer the feel of the RTX. It’s on the firmer side compared to CBX, but in a good way.

I like the feel of these on 3/4 to full swing too. Feel like I am absolutely ripping the ball.

I'm way overdue for new wedges. And with how much I've loved my current Cleveland wedges, I'm looking forward to trying the RTX6's.
Don't think you'll be disappointed. Great wedges with good spin.

Anyone else having trouble getting the distance on full shots that they think they should be getting, especially with my 54*? I had the same issue with the SM9, so I'm sure it's a "me" issue, but I also recently put my ancient 55* degree back in the bag and had no issues getting the distance that I'm used to.

Anyone else having trouble getting the distance on full shots that they think they should be getting, especially with my 54*? I had the same issue with the SM9, so I'm sure it's a "me" issue, but I also recently put my ancient 55* degree back in the bag and had no issues getting the distance that I'm used to.
I'm hitting my prior distances plus a few yards.

Also new wedges are going to spin more than old wedges killing some distance.

Not specific to just this, but yes I noticed that as well with new wedges I was not getting the distance I thought I should be. I think @baylrballa has a good point with more spin that they check up faster so you get less roll out.

I like the feel of these on 3/4 to full swing too. Feel like I am absolutely ripping the ball.

3/4 54 degree was 8800rpm with a Z Star today. I know that's a number others may get easily, but for me not having a bunch of speed that is a ton of spin on an 80 yard shot.

Get back in the gym bro haha
I do think I'm a bit shorter with my 54 RTX6 vs my SM8, but that's a much different build and those grooves definitely aren't generating the same spin.

3/4 54 degree was 8800rpm with a Z Star today. I know that's a number others may get easily, but for me not having a bunch of speed that is a ton of spin on an 80 yard shot.

for guys like us, that's huge.

I added a 50 degree to my bag and I love it

I continue to believe the zipcore technology has been the best tech feature in wedges in the last several years.

Do people find the mid-grind pretty versatile overall? Looking to pick up a 54 and 60 and debating just getting mid grind in both. Can you still open up the mid on the 60?

Back