Cleveland Smart Sole Full-Face Wedges

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
When it comes to wedges in the golf industry, few brands carry as much weight as Cleveland. They have a rich history of crafting timeless designs that are widely recognized. One aspect that sets Cleveland apart is that they design wedges for golfers of all skill levels, perhaps more than any other major golf company. They offer an extensive range suitable for everyone, from professional golfers on the PGA Tour to those who play only a few times a year. The RTX 6 and the new RTX Full Face 2 are excellent choices for the advanced player, while the mid-handicap player might gravitate toward the newly introduced CBX 4. Cleveland’s Smart Sole lineup targets the casual golfer who gets to practice or play sparingly. Today, we focus on the latter as the Smart Sole lineup receives an update, including a new model in the Smart Sole Full-Face collection.

Continue reading...

The range in the wedge lineups is nice to see as well as the focus to each range. These are priced well in the market as well.

Great information @ddec The soles on these are a little wider than I gravitate to but understand the benefits. Where I see these being a hit is with the full face grinds. I am gaming a full face and the benefits are huge.

Love seeing the new Cleveland Wedge releases. The range of wedge options they offer are fantastic and the Smart Sole wedges should not be ignored as they do help a lot if wedge game is a problem area for you.

Look forward to the feedback on the Gap wedge and Chipper. It could be a game changer for those high caps who are lost near the green.

Dude. I've never really been a big user of this line, but I have to try that 64.

Great writeup! Not the wedge for me, but definitely cool to see the full face!

Thank you @ddec, for those of us that tend to suffer from wedge-alepsie these deserve a look

Great write up @ddec ! I really hope this line up gets plenty of attention from amateur golfers. Not everybody should play a blade wedge. These look like they will have great benefits at an amazing price point!

Nice write up @ddec.

I've gamed a Smartsole sand wedge in the past and it was absolute money out of a bunker.

The lob wedge has me intrigued.

Thanks for the write up. These clubs can definitely help. I have recommended the Smart Sole to a couple of people to help with sand play.

All about making the short game easier and more straightforward…definitely nothing wrong with that. And I LOVE that they pushed hydrazip here and didn’t leave that on the cutting room floor.

Man, I love the idea of the combination of the full face and Smart Sole.

Absolute maximum forgiveness packed into one. So good.

Love to see the chipper being in the lineup too. So many options for the player!

I am a huge proponent of the Smart Sole wedge. I’ve been using one since 2019 and it unmistakably makes golf easier. A 64° lob wedge?!?! I bet that’s gonna be fun!

Man those look clean. It's making me ponder trading in my current chipper for the new line.

Pretty neat infographic explaining the different use cases around the green to help golfers score. Sure for us here it's pretty common knowledge, but props for walking folks through it, especially for newer golfers who are part of the target market for these. Part of me is really curious to see how my short game may work out to simply bag a full set for an extended run.

1706101884147.png

Every time I see a new Cleveland lineup I want to pull out my original Niblick and head for the practice green, just to see if I’m still better with that than with my traditional wedges.

Ahhhh…those were simpler times. ⛳

I just ordered a new one.
Do you use the outside of the grooves to help with alignment? I do so I'm a touch gun-shy until I can see them in person.

Love that hydrazip found its way to these. These look fantastic.

I know a lot will cast these off as clubs for higher handicaps, but having had a smart sole in and out of the bag for nearly 10 years, I can honestly say it just simplifies the short game.

I’ve carried a high loft SS for so long, and it really is like cheating on those days you are struggling with the wedges.

Really love that Cleveland keeps this line going, it makes a ton of sense, and just really adds a ton of versatility to the wedge game.

These look a lot more versatile than previous iterations. I've had Smart Sole C and S wedges in the past, and found them to be a bit too much of a one trick pony to keep in the bag. The way the line is progressing though is great to see, as they look like they'll be much more user-friendly for different shots once you get used to them.

That 64* could be a heck a lot of fun.

Would probably hit myself in the face.

Do you use the outside of the grooves to help with alignment? I do so I'm a touch gun-shy until I can see them in person.
No, I don't use the outside grooves. I'm keeping my old one just in case.

I have a Smart Sole C that makes its way in and out of the bag. Due to the loft profile of club, it's useful on a course-by-course basis where green square footage is larger and areas around them are roomier and/or free of obstacles (e.g., sand, water). The likelihood I give the 64° a shot this season is extremely high - if I don't like it I'll stick to traditional wedges.

Back