Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review Thread

Intriguing. Looks like with the new cobra line a fitting is going to key

If you don't mind, would you expand on this?

It's not the popular take but suffice to say a flex doesn't cause misses as much as many give it credit for, it much more raises or lowers the flight and also slightly the spin.

It's not the popular take but suffice to say a flex doesn't cause misses as much as many give it credit for, it much more raises or lowers the flight and also slightly the spin.

Very interesting. I have found that low spin head/shaft is not ideal for me. What I don't like about recent "R" flex shafts I've tried is the lack of "control." I feel like a "S" flex shaft provides a feeling of more control. I will say I am able to launch the ball much higher with a "R" flex...maybe I need to experiment to find a stable feeling R flex. PX 5.5 maybe? Matrix firm flex maybe?

Would distance (carry) play into that as well? If the shaft flex is too weak or too strong, you would be sacrificing some distance with that as well. There are lots of variables I guess that go into it. I see where you're coming from though.

Would distance (carry) play into that as well? If the shaft flex is too weak or too strong, you would be sacrificing some distance with that as well. There are lots of variables I guess that go into it. I see where you're coming from though.

I've talked with people way smarter than I in golf have talked at length about it, people overthink misses, a swing causes a miss way more than a shaft. But I'll move on now, if be happy to chat it up with you sometime Brad.

I've talked with people way smarter than I in golf have talked at length about it, people overthink misses, a swing causes a miss way more than a shaft. But I'll move on now, if be happy to chat it up with you sometime Brad.

Definitely not disagreeing with you dude. Tone always is lost on the interweb. I look forward to that convo bro. Won't clutter up this thread anymore.

Definitely not disagreeing with you dude. Tone always is lost on the interweb. I look forward to that convo bro. Won't clutter up this thread anymore.

Dudeski, it's all good, I got the tone completely, I know you're like me and love to learn, sadly there are some that just love to argue.

I hit this on a launch monitor today with the stock Project X Stiff shaft. To be honest, I was just screwing around, but I wanted to fall in love with the SLDR or Big Bertha. I did hit the BBA well. I also love the look of the Ping i25, and it felt good hitting on a range, though not great on the launch monitor tonight. I love my Amp Cell, which is the only reason I gave the Bio Cell a chance.

Holy. Crap.

My first drive was 297, HUGE for me. It tapered off a bit, but I hit some serious rockets with this thing. The BBA was very nice, and straight as a string. If I wanted to drop $500 I would consider it. However, the Bio Cell was the unquestioned champion for me when it came to distance. The shaft is much nicer than the Amp Cell stock shaft IMHO.

Can you switch the shafts between Amp and Bio?

Not sure, but the AMP Cell had a 6 way adapter and this one has 8 options.

Can you switch the shafts between Amp and Bio?

Ferrule and adapter are smaller in the BIO than the AMP Cell.... If you swap out the adapters make sure you do it correctly with the proper heat or this will happen.....

buqu2y4y.jpg

I had a solid round with the Bio Cell yesterday. My high ball flight was tough to control in the strong winds but when it was behind me...look out .
I'm still amazed at the results when I miss the centre of the face. Both distance and dispersion are barely punished.

The Bio is IMO just such a solid step for Cobra. Lower spin than the AC so it won't fit everyone but there is no doubt to me that just like the Bio+ the improved E9 Bio Face really has improved the forgiveness and general retention of ball speeds from the AC. Its just solid. Good launch, good distance, good feel/sound. Me likey.

I typically just suck with lower spin heads and while the Bio Cell is lower spin than the Amp Cell its not so much that it will give players like me problems.
I feel like the centre of the face has more BOOM than the Amp Cell as well. Shots struck off the sweet spot just rocket out there into oblivion more so than I remember with the Amp Cell. Very similar to how a well hit ball with the Big Bertha Alpha feels.

I typically just suck with lower spin heads and while the Bio Cell is lower spin than the Amp Cell its not so much that it will give players like me problems.
I feel like the centre of the face has more BOOM than the Amp Cell as well. Shots struck off the sweet spot just rocket out there into oblivion more so than I remember with the Amp Cell. Very similar to how a well hit ball with the Big Bertha Alpha feels.

Nah, its been said since the beginning its def a low-mid spin head but maintains the launch angles we saw out of the AC that so many loved. It will be the better option for many of the mid-range spinners for sure, the Bio+ is just a much a weapon but the lower spin will be better for some. For me, the biggest thing is the fade bias in the + that is naturally in there compared to the more neutral to draw weighted bias of the AC.

So happy you mentioned that Jman! I have used stiff stock shafts on my drivers the last 20 years. My friend had a Bio Cell in stock R and I hit it and loved it. Med high and penetrating ball flight and LONG. Bought one and five rounds later I can't express how happy I am with that shaft/head pairing. Now I have added Bio Cell 3/4 fairway and hybrid to compliment driver and Amp Forged in bag. Cobra rocks big time.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Well Cobra lovers and Morgan Cuppers, I hit this bad boy for the very first time today and I'm in love. I was bombing this thing and it was going straighter and longer than all the other drivers I tried today.

I hit the 9.0 degree 6.0 PXv shaft and I almost asked to take the demo out with me. Very shocked and pleasantly surprised with my results with it. Launch was around 11 degrees with spin around 2,000! I was giddy like a kid in a candy store. What a treat!!

Well Cobra lovers and Morgan Cuppers, I hit this bad boy for the very first time today and I'm in love. I was bombing this thing and it was going straighter and longer than all the other drivers I tried today.

I hit the 9.0 degree 6.0 PXv shaft and I almost asked to take the demo out with me. Very shocked and pleasantly surprised with my results with it. Launch was around 11 degrees with spin around 2,000! I was giddy like a kid in a candy store. What a treat!!

You need to put one in play for awhile and see how it works for you on the course. You were absolutely MURDERING that thing down the pipe.

So people with these drivers, are you upping the loft on them, or just playing them as is right now?

So people with these drivers, are you upping the loft on them, or just playing them as is right now?

I am playing it at the max 12* and loving every minute of it. I don't think lofting up is necessary to see good results with this one but I believe that golfers should be able to achieve whatever trajectory they desire with it.

I played mine at 12, loved it.

Back