Cobra Brings Back Trusty Rusty Wedges

And the looks are backed up by the performance. I was able to get really aggressive around the greens and get some good action on the ball. A 60° will need to happen this weekend.

Love my Trusty Rusty 59° lob wedge. Sets up nicely, the K-grind simplifies opening the club face, especially when you need to open it WAY up for flop shots. Mine started out with a satin finish, but I've been able to get it to everything from a gingerbread rust color to its current gunmetal grey. Performs wonderfully, especially on green-side bunkers.

They're not a bad price, either. I was planning to use this Spring to make all my wedges Trusty Rustys, though that plan has changed.

I was given a brand new set (51, 55, 59) of Trusty Rusty wedges recently and had a few questions:

1. Can someone tell me is there a huge size difference between these and the Tour Trusty's? Pic comparison?
2. Benefit of the rusting on the Trusty Rusty? Why didn't they go with rusting version on the Tour Trusty's?

I am used to gaming irons/wedges with a smaller head and was wondering if it is even worth it for me to switch from the Trusty Rusty to the Tour version?

I was given a brand new set (51, 55, 59) of Trusty Rusty wedges recently and had a few questions:

1. Can someone tell me is there a huge size difference between these and the Tour Trusty's? Pic comparison?
2. Benefit of the rusting on the Trusty Rusty? Why didn't they go with rusting version on the Tour Trusty's?

I am used to gaming irons/wedges with a smaller head and was wondering if it is even worth it for me to switch from the Trusty Rusty to the Tour version?

As to the first, to my eye the Tour Trusty's are a little more compact, and most notably the grind on the sole is different. The Tour's were designed hand in hand with their staffers to try and boot their Vokey's out of the bag. Pretty significant difference performance wise IMO to the Trusty Rusty's.

With the second, no benefit. Rust is just aesthetic, it doesn't increase spin. No clue why they didn't go with a raw finish Tour Trusty, but I think it might be to seperate off from the Trusty Rusty namesake a bit.

As to the last, thats all personal preference buddy. If you like the Trusty's, I say rock em and don't worry abut the size comparisons etc to your irons.

Welcome to THP dude!

Last edited:
Trusty Rusty lob wedge continues to be absolute money. Produces nice, high soft shots with minimal effort. Next up is learning to hit pitches that check some, but that's not the club's fault. Does everything I need inside of 35 yards.

Got a 55 and 59 (black) for Xmas and anxious to get out and give them a try. Is there any method to minimize the rusting? I don't mind the face, but not sure about the whole club head.

Got a 55 and 59 (black) for Xmas and anxious to get out and give them a try. Is there any method to minimize the rusting? I don't mind the face, but not sure about the whole club head.

I had the same two in black, with the 55 I soaked in sea salt to get the whole wedge to rust. On the 59 I didn't do anything and Just the face rusted and not that much.
Congrats on the new TRW.

Minimizing the rust is easy: Keep them dry. If they get wet, dry them off thoroughly before you put your clubs away after your round.

Most of the guys you see talking about decidedly rusty wedges have soaked them in some combination of salt water, vinegar, or coca cola. Getting them rusty in a uniform fashion is more work than keeping a raw finished wedge from rusting much at all.

I got 55 and 60 degree big trusty rusty wedges for Christmas. Is there a difference between the Big and the regular trusty rusty?

I got 55 and 60 degree big trusty rusty wedges for Christmas. Is there a difference between the Big and the regular trusty rusty?
Watch this, pretty awesome video!

Watch this, pretty awesome video!

Just the little bit I chipped around in the yard I could feel how much bigger the face is. I have a feeling these wedges will stay in the bag for a while.

Great video

My 53° Trusty Rusty came in today. Having bought my 59° used, I can say that the new one looks very funny next to a broken in one.

My 53° Trusty Rusty came in today. Having bought my 59° used, I can say that the new one looks very funny next to a broken in one.

Only one thing to do..go get it rusty!

Yup. Will probably saltwater both of them tomorrow and let them dry out Monday. See how they look when I get out to play some on Tuesday.

Dang it....I can't remember where I saw it, history or science channel, and I maybe wrong but I thought I heard of using iodine or was it peroxide to induce rust. Ya may have to do some research & see

Back