Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

I am not sure how to interpret this graph. Is there any kind of legend?
See the video @ddec linked to me above. The chart was taken from a video.

Not sure if this has been posted or not yet, but for those looking for weight position info across Darkspeed heads, I found this in an in-depth breakdown video from Cobra execs. Just wish it had LS 10.5 included as well. Cool to see it compared to previous lines as well.

View attachment 9249635
This is really neat, and neat seeing I gamed and have the LTDx. Makes me want to test a few models

I am not sure how to interpret this graph. Is there any kind of legend?
TO explains it around 24:20 of the video, but if you can't watch, the vertical axis is the location of the CG (lower = closer to the face). The horizontal axis is the horizontal MOI. Right after he explains that, there is a little chat about 10k MOI and what it means.

Finally caught one today on the ST+

9.0 with the LIN-Q Red 7F5, 14.3, 165, 2180.

LOL.

The potential is SOOOOOOO there. I hit some big drives this week on the course too, I just have to groove my stupid ass swing.

Omg what we are hearing about Briggs you might see some tour roll!

hear that @Hawk we might be able to drive it 250!

The round I played before heading to the Goat Cup I averaged around 215 off the tee with a long of 224, but it was very soggy from 48 hours or rain before and rain all front nine day-of. At Briggs I wasn't tracking with the ShotScope since it wasn't stroke play, but I definitely had some in the 250 range. The fairways are thin and a little springy and roll for days, especially if you can catch one of the speed slots in the slopes. I was really impressed. The Max is mainly about carry for me, but got plenty or roll at Briggs. I think the longest approach club I hit on a par 4 was around 180 uphill (5 hybrid for me). Pretty sure I got close to 270 with roll on #7 once. Couldn't hit a drive any harder or more perfect than that one.

No lies. I hit one or two at least 250-260 there. I'm trying to be conservative. If you hit the slot on 6 it's bomb city.
requesting a breakfast ball on 6

Finally pulled the trigger on the new driver and got the Darkspeed X. I did a lot of testing and battles before deciding on this one for the bag. I can't wait to get it on course!

Finally pulled the trigger on the new driver and got the Darkspeed X. I did a lot of testing and battles before deciding on this one for the bag. I can't wait to get it on course!
Andy Murray Lol GIF by Tennis TV

Don't shake your head at me! I wanted to make sure I got the right setup. I kept trying to convince myself the one with the red was right for me but it turned out to be the blue.

The round I played before heading to the Goat Cup I averaged around 215 off the tee with a long of 224, but it was very soggy from 48 hours or rain before and rain all front nine day-of. At Briggs I wasn't tracking with the ShotScope since it wasn't stroke play, but I definitely had some in the 250 range. The fairways are thin and a little springy and roll for days, especially if you can catch one of the speed slots in the slopes. I was really impressed. The Max is mainly about carry for me, but got plenty or roll at Briggs. I think the longest approach club I hit on a par 4 was around 180 uphill (5 hybrid for me). Pretty sure I got close to 270 with roll on #7 once. Couldn't hit a drive any harder or more perfect than that one.
Nice to see someone playing the Max. Most of the talk here it seems has been on the X and LS.

Don't shake your head at me! I wanted to make sure I got the right setup. I kept trying to convince myself the one with the red was right for me but it turned out to be the blue.
Don’t tell anyone, but I’m happy for you. Just sad to see the palm tree LS go…

Don’t tell anyone, but I’m happy for you. Just sad to see the palm tree LS go…
The Palm Tree LS will never be truly gone. When I learn to swing a little better, I'm sure it will get out for some fun here and there.

Spent a big chunk of time playing around with Cobra putters this weekend. Couldn’t help but be nosy as a guy was getting fitted for a driver in the adjacent bay. Just kept my ears open as he went through the process. He went through the usual run through of the big names as expected and he was also gaming a prior iteration of one. Fitter had him hit Darkspeed X just as a try this one last one. It went very well for him and he went back to his previous favorite and back to Darkspeed for multiple rounds. I think he was looking for any reason to go another direction. But it couldn’t kick the Darkspeed which won as a darkhorse. That was cool to see.

Oh and when the guy left, before the fitter put everything away I asked what the final config was. Darkspeed X 10.5 with Linq blue 6f4. Pretty close to what I would work for me so I asked if he would let me have a swing. I stopped at 1 swing because it was not going to get any better! Quit while ahead 🤣 Went back to playing around with putters.
Man these are sweet!
IMG_1588.jpeg

Spent a big chunk of time playing around with Cobra putters this weekend. Couldn’t help but be nosy as a guy was getting fitted for a driver in the adjacent bay. Just kept my ears open as he went through the process. He went through the usual run through of the big names as expected and he was also gaming a prior iteration of one. Fitter had him hit Darkspeed X just as a try this one last one. It went very well for him and he went back to his previous favorite and back to Darkspeed for multiple rounds. I think he was looking for any reason to go another direction. But it couldn’t kick the Darkspeed which won as a darkhorse. That was cool to see.

Oh and when the guy left, before the fitter put everything away I asked what the final config was. Darkspeed X 10.5 with Linq blue 6f4. Pretty close to what I would work for me so I asked if he would let me have a swing. I stopped at 1 swing because it was not going to get any better! Quit while ahead 🤣 Went back to playing around with putters.
Man these are sweet!
View attachment 9249781
Noted. This is your driver setup this year.

Man these are sweet!
View attachment 9249781
I would have quit too. That's about as perfect as it gets.

DS 9* in the cart :oops:

Nice to see someone playing the Max. Most of the talk here it seems has been on the X and LS.

It was close between the X and Max. The Max turned down from 10.5 to 9.5D or 9.0 gave me better smash and more consistent spin on my misses than the X on my misses. X was maybe slightly better on good swings, but not enough to offset the more playable miss in the Max. On course I have maybe hit two drives that were not playable with it in the few weeks I've had it. It gets up in the air quickly and I sometimes worry about hitting it too high, but it flattens out fast also, and then just carries on that flatter trajectory (Chrome Tour is also an AMAZING ball in the wind, especially into the wind) so I'm slowly trusting that I don't have to worry about it and can just swing. I do struggle to hit a controlled, intentional fade with it. It wants to go straight or have a baby draw. Great 99% of the time, but sometimes you want/need a fade. That is the only drawback I can think of.

Back