Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

I read that and thought you said gross
I mean, I don't think the special release drivers look all that nice this year so far so....

Now that I have a few rounds in with Darkspeed Max:

My first couple of rounds were decent, but for some reason I never felt comfortable with DS Max. Naturally, being an expert internet golfer & fitter (;)), I decided to switch out the LinQ shaft for a Helium shaft that was already in my Aerojet driver. Lo and behold, DS Max has turned into a fairway finding machine! My driver FIR went from 50% to just over 70% since the switch! Was it really the different shaft that made the difference? Who knows...all that matters to me is that it's working!

have to say after seeing the pics of the PTC head I still think the matte black finish kills it and is one of the nicest heads on the market

have to say after seeing the pics of the PTC head I still think the matte black finish kills it and is one of the nicest heads on the market
The matte black really does pop

Reactions: MH
The matte black is just bad___.

Reactions: MH
I mean, I don't think the special release drivers look all that nice this year so far so....
Waiting to see if there's a Volition later on... Last year was straight fire!

Only hit driver a couple times today, but had more time with it on the ST+ yesterday.

Still just absolutely impressed by the DS LS.

I’ve settled on the 9.0 head, heavy forward, and the UST Mamiya LINQ Red 7F5 is the big reason why. I’m seeing consistency in spin and launch now that makes life easier and let me get that weight in the head forward for speed.

I think it’s the best looking driver out right now, and it remains faster than anything I put against it, with Ai Smoke TD being the only one close, and Qi10 being quite a large margin behind both of those.

Best yet, it’s SOOOOO playable.

I’m happy. Very happy.

A couple of THPers getting fit into this next week. @jayronmillz10 @Nappy have you read through?

A couple of THPers getting fit into this next week. @jayronmillz10 @Nappy have you read through?
I haven’t read all of this but have been following along with it. I’m really curious to see what I get fit for. It seems like cobra is the one brand that went for speed this year while everyone else went for forgiveness. Should be an exciting fitting. I’m trying to go in with no expectations for what I think I’ll swing and let Danny fit me 🤙🏽

I haven’t read all of this but have been following along with it. I’m really curious to see what I get fit for. It seems like cobra is the one brand that went for speed this year while everyone else went for forgiveness. Should be an exciting fitting. I’m trying to go in with no expectations for what I think I’ll swing and let Danny fit me 🤙🏽
There’s speed AND forgiveness here, a lot of it actually. You’ll be pleased, don’t assume it’s just a speed monster, it’s an everything monster!

There’s speed AND forgiveness here, a lot of it actually. You’ll be pleased, don’t assume it’s just a speed monster, it’s an everything monster!
I am really excited!! I have never had cobra before so I’m super pumped to swing it! Also with a shaft that @DannyLe puts me in 👊🏼

He’s the best. I absolutely believe that.
I feel incredibly fortunate! I’m looking forward to sharing my thoughts about the Darkspeed here after the fitting.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and it makes my mouth water hearing forgiveness and speed because Lord knows I need both.

It's such a good looking driver too. It's been way too long since I've swung anything from Cobra and I'm ready for it.

Haven't played on course in a few weeks, but played 18 on the sim this morning and I think for the first time maybe ever my average ball speed was a tick over 131 and a my max was 135.1, which may be a new high (Chrome Tour, GSPro, Skytrak+). Before I moved into the DS I was maxing out around 129 mph. Hitting the DS on the sweet spot is just such a great feel. Targeting 140 mph by end of summer, maybe.

Haven't played on course in a few weeks, but played 18 on the sim this morning and I think for the first time maybe ever my average ball speed was a tick over 131 and a my max was 135.1, which may be a new high (Chrome Tour, GSPro, Skytrak+). Before I moved into the DS I was maxing out around 129 mph. Hitting the DS on the sweet spot is just such a great feel. Targeting 140 mph by end of summer, maybe.
Nice dude! Heavy weight back?

This one definitely looks better than the palm tree edition but with them doing the standard head so well I don’t think they will be able to top it

I am a full-on fan of my DS Max 12* with the PX HZRDUS Red A flex, but have a Callaway demo appointment at our local course tomorrow. I will be challenging them to beat my Cobra with their AI Smoke driver. Should be interesting!

Back