Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

Also, I thought I would throw some TrackMan numbers up, where I went through the sets to check gapping. The gapping is extremely uniform from 6 iron through gw (I have a Cobra King utility iron adjusted to 24*) as my next club down from the 6 iron.

617FE8F5-0F78-4FBD-B12C-1639E280D362.jpeg

Hit these next to another 2021 iron release and....these held their own, like went toe to toe holding their own.

Hoping for the iron shaft change this weekend and maybe some data on Sunday.

Got to hit one of these for a while during my fitting today. They were a just a little out of my range, but put up a really good fight even for someone that isn't too consistent. Feel is awesome and the distance on these was only a half club shorter on well struck shots. Wish they fit better but could definitely see the potential.

Got to hit one of these for a while during my fitting today. They were a just a little out of my range, but put up a really good fight even for someone that isn't too consistent. Feel is awesome and the distance on these was only a half club shorter on well struck shots. Wish they fit better but could definitely see the potential.
just wait a wee while and Cobra are sure to come along with a more forgiving MIM version for the masses.

So. What do we think, Elevate X100’s in onyx?

Reading @jman’s post about selecting a new shaft, I thought I would remind readers that the Recoil 110 F4s are an absolutely awesome shaft in this head for somebody who has mid 80 club speed with a 7 iron.

Last edited:
Here are a few very mediocre photos comparing the King Tour MIMs and the 921 Forged 7 irons:

F50D0CDB-79AC-42A6-B9AC-693264CB200E.jpeg5E3BC0A9-679C-42B8-A572-4D539EB53807.jpegBBF29160-1394-42F0-8F3C-D79686AC39C8.jpeg

Here are a few comparing the King Tour MIM and MP20 MMC 7 irons:

4A916FCE-748C-418B-A591-2D25F031B180.jpeg0F1928FF-BD5E-49F8-A34F-7A7C3B570156.jpegCED6054D-7B6F-497C-8063-80AAF1D243E9.jpeg

@Tenputt thanks for the comparison pics, they look to b very similar is size. I thought the mim’s would have been closer the 921 tours

@Tenputt thanks for the comparison pics, they look to b very similar is size. I thought the mim’s would have been closer the 921 tours
Sure. That is why I threw them up. The MIMs are thinner through the sole and topline than the 921 Forged, but they are similar heel to toe, and, the difference is not extreme. The MIMs are a little wider through the sole than the MP20 MMCs, but the toplines are similar. Again, the length of the heads are very similar.

Compared them at the shop with the T100.

They seem to hit the same target golfer along with the Apex Pro and p770 (though I think this one is a bit different). This is players cavity with tech. On the Mizuno side I would say this is kinda between the JPX forged and MMC.

Between the T100 and MIM, MIM has a longer blade length and appear to have less offset. Topline is slightly thinner with the Titleist. Soles was thinner on the Titleist but has the preworn leading edge so a bit different design.

Feel wise unsure. T100 I tried had x100 w/ zcords (not the softest combo) in it compared to the s taper for MIM. MIM felt pretty soft but would like something different if I were to buy them. Stock grips are reduced taper if you are into that.

Compared them at the shop with the T100.

They seem to hit the same target golfer along with the Apex Pro and p770 (though I think this one is a bit different). This is players cavity with tech. On the Mizuno side I would say this is kinda between the JPX forged and MMC.

Between the T100 and MIM, MIM has a longer blade length and appear to have less offset. Topline is slightly thinner with the Titleist. Soles was thinner on the Titleist but has the preworn leading edge so a bit different design.

Feel wise unsure. T100 I tried had x100 w/ zcords (not the softest combo) in it compared to the s taper for MIM. MIM felt pretty soft but would like something different if I were to buy them. Stock grips are reduced taper if you are into that.
It wasn’t the shafts, no Titleist “click” sound/feel here ;):ROFLMAO:

For real though, it’s an iron type that Cobra sorely needed imo.

It wasn’t the shafts, no Titleist “click” sound/feel here ;):ROFLMAO:
True. Titleist has this firm sound for no good reason.

True. Titleist has this firm sound for no good reason.
Careful, don’t besmirch “tradition”, hahahaha

It’s the reason I’ve never been able to long term play a Titleist iron, despite trying too many times. But, I’ve got buddies who adore that sound/feel trait.

just wait a wee while and Cobra are sure to come along with a more forgiving MIM version for the masses.

This is my only real hold up. Won't be playing much through the winter time, just working on my swing and trying to build up my speed. The "what if" they have a release with a slightly larger club head with nearly identical feel is my hold up.

This is my only real hold up. Won't be playing much through the winter time, just working on my swing and trying to build up my speed. The "what if" they have a release with a slightly larger club head with nearly identical feel is my hold up.
I think this woman would be awesome to date, but what if someone better comes along? Ha ha, just kidding. We are upon the season of releases. The Tour MIMs certainly are going to still be available in a few months. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to wait. It seems like the question is what profile really suits you the best, not whether the MIM tech is awesome. It sure is a fun time of year to anticipate what might be coming.

I think this woman would be awesome to date, but what if someone better comes along? Ha ha, just kidding. We are upon the season of releases. The Tour MIMs certainly are going to still be available in a few months. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to wait. It seems like the question is what profile really suits you the best, not whether the MIM tech is awesome. It sure is a fun time of year to anticipate what might be coming.

HAHA! I love the look of the iron, just want to make sure I'm not looking to switch again in 2 months because I'm in a hurry for no reason. I've narrowed the search to 5 sets from everything on the market right now, so why not add a few more to a fitting.

Here are a few very mediocre photos comparing the King Tour MIMs and the 921 Forged 7 irons:

View attachment 8973176[ATTACH type="full"

I love the way Cobra blends the top line into the hosel. Definitely a good look at address. It's the same for the CB and MB.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

For those who have hit these and the Mizuno JPX921 Forged, can you share your nougats on the following:
Feel - very subjective I know (soft, clicky, etc)
Sound
Distance
Dispersion
Similar handicap range

I played the Cobra Fly Z+ and really liked them for feel/distance, and sold them to get my current 2019 P790’s. I am not a fan of the P790’s, and looking at a new set fo next year.

I’ve hit the 921 Forged and really like them, but didn’t see the King Tours locally yet.

Thanks for your input!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been away on 'holiday' for a fortnight and have come back to an extra 20 pages of comments! I'm going to need to set aside an afternoon for this.

For those who have hit these and the Mizuno JPX921 Forged, can you share your nougats on the following:
Feel - very subjective I know (soft, clicky, etc)
Sound
Distance
Dispersion
Similar handicap range

I played the Cobra Fly Z+ and really liked them for feel/distance, and sold them to get my current 2019 P790’s. I am not a fan of the P790’s, and looking at a new set fo next year.

I’ve hit the 921 Forged and really like them, but didn’t see the King Tours locally yet.

Thanks for your input!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What I say here might be blasphemous to some, but....

These feel/sound better than the 921’s.

That said, they are also a different profile than the 921 Forged, and are the more compact of the two with the smaller topline, thinner sole, and less offset. The 921 Tour would be the better comparison imo.

Back