Colored Golf Balls

C-Tech

Reaction score
Handicap
Tim Clark played the Accenture yesterday with a yellow golf ball. Do any of you play colored balls? I justs cannot wrap my mind around anything but white. I remember back in the 80's when a few pros played yellow and orange for a while. I never got used to it.

I have playd a yellow ball in very low light conditions at dusk, but that was a long time ago. Any I find now, I save for my grandaughters because the like them.

He won his match too. We are trying out the yellow Srixons and like I said in the other thread, if you play early in the am or at dusk, the sight does help.

We actually talk about this very subject on the new radio show that is hitting the home page tomorrow.

Is there a way I can get the podcast of the radio shows through iTunes? I'd like to have them available to play while I am driving around.

No Ctech I don't play them, gotta agree with what you say about that.I wonder though are yellow balls easier to find on the golf course? If they made regular yellow "Noodle" balls other than the weird "Ice" colored ones I might use them a time or two, otherwise I'm fine with white.

nope. can't do it unless I lose a bet

2015928.jpg

The only time I have played with a ball that wasn't white was when GG sent me the pink Lady iQ Plus. I have to admit, it took a few holes for me to remember to look for pink, not white. It was definitely easier to spot the one I hit in the woods, but I prefer white.

The only time I have played with a ball that wasn't white was when GG sent me the pink Lady iQ Plus. I have to admit, it took a few holes for me to remember to look for pink, not white. It was definitely easier to spot the one I hit in the woods, but I prefer white.

That's funny because we were teasing Golf Chick about how hard it was to spot the pink balls she was playing when they got in the rough. We were truly having trouble spotting them.

Don't forget about the Nike Mojo Karma balls....I think there were like 5 or 6 bright colors, one in each box. Didn't Sabatini play a Black one at one point?

That's funny because we were teasing Golf Chick about how hard it was to spot the pink balls she was playing when they got in the rough. We were truly having trouble spotting them.

I think that's because you really weren't looking for a "pink" golf ball. You're so used to looking for a "white" golf ball that you still have "white" in your head while you search.

I think that's because you really weren't looking for a "pink" golf ball. You're so used to looking for a "white" golf ball that you still have "white" in your head while you search.

Could be. I think the yellow and orange ones are harder to find when the leaves are falling.

I always liked the old Pinnacle Gold in yellow when I played back in high school (early 90's). They seemed to be easier to find when searching the course for my errant shots.

I like playing with a colored golf ball. I don't play the pink precept because it's pretty I play it because I think it's easier to find the ball. I thought it would be distracting to set up to a pink ball but instead it kind of makes me laugh and calms my nerves before hitting a shot. Instead of worrying about the shot I am smiling/laughing at my pink ball. May seem silly but it works for me.

My son (11) plays yellow Pinnacles. He feels they bring him good luck.

I use colored golf balls all the time! Pink is hard to find in very tall rough! I switch between the pink Precepts and the pink Callaways (they are sparkly shiny) but the Callaways cost more than the Precepts so I don't use them as often!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

When I was younger I often played the yellow Titleist DTs. I liked them a lot. I would play a yellow ball again, but ProVs don't come in yellow. I think they are easy to see. I take it the yellow Srixon is a premium ball? I would definitely give it a go, though I like the ProVs, but I found yellow balls very easy to see. If ProVs were yellow, I'd play them in a heart beat.

Orange I couldn't see at all.

Kevin

When I was younger I often played the yellow Titleist DTs. I liked them a lot. I would play a yellow ball again, but ProVs don't come in yellow. I think they are easy to see. I take it the yellow Srixon is a premium ball? I would definitely give it a go, though I like the ProVs, but I found yellow balls very easy to see. If ProVs were yellow, I'd play them in a heart beat.

Orange I couldn't see at all.

Kevin

Here is the review we did on the white version of these. If you are a fan of a ProV, you owe it to yourself to try these out.

The Hackers Paradise Srixon Z-Star Golf Ball Review

My first thought about a colored ball wasn't about finding it, more so about hitting it. Do you find it easier to concentrate on the ball itself, say in a better contact with the ball? A trick we do in pool when playing a "heavy" breaker is to post a darker, drab colored ball on the front spot. Less color to tee off on.

I'm gaming the new Srixon Z-Star X Tour Yellow. I've been using the Z-Star X since it came out and picked up a couple sleeves of the Yellows at the PGA Show. I love it.

At first when I dropped a few of them on the putting green my buddies laughed at me and made remarks, but after I made 6 birdies and an eagle with it and took all their $$$, the comments turned to questions like "Where can I get those?" and "When do those come out?"

It's the same ball as the White one, but has a greenish-yellow color. The yellow is just easier to see, and the green tinge is supposed to have a calming effect on the player. Don't know if that's true, but I played well with it, so maybe there is something to it!

They were hard to find. But I think its because the rough was eating everything that landed there haa haa

My first thought about a colored ball wasn't about finding it, more so about hitting it. Do you find it easier to concentrate on the ball itself, say in a better contact with the ball? A trick we do in pool when playing a "heavy" breaker is to post a darker, drab colored ball on the front spot. Less color to tee off on.

To me, I hit the pink balls the same as my white ones...besides with my pink colored balls, everyone automatically knows its mine :D

Do they have muti-colored golf balls? I've seen the dual colors to practice putting, but they should make a rainbow colored ones, or pink plaid with purple stripes haa haa :laughing:

I normally play a particular yellow ball when ever I have them. I played them last week end. The pro shop was selling them, so I bought a box. I don't think color makes a difference, it's just that my favorite ball happens to look good in yellow.:D

Back